U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 12:54 AM

1,434 posts, read 2,116,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
There is some commonalities between Pakistanis and North Indians in terms of food, clothes, language and so on. Cultural similarities. South Indians look and are completely different. I have friends with roots in Bangladesh and India, and the subtle differences (and the similarities) are always interesting to observe.

As for partition, it was necessary. Such a big population as the Muslims of the North and East of then British India merited a separate country. We have different histories. Our heroes are their villains and vice-versa. Aurangzeb was a saint who expanded Muslim rule to its apex. Extremists like Mistree who espouse hate against groups en masse wont admit to his historic genius or the beautification of India that occurred under our rule. I assume he went through high school in India - whilst I went through HS in the UK and thus got a balanced view of India's history.

The only reason the British granted a separate nation for Muslims was because they bribed Jinnah. The British wanted South Asia to be under constant warfare after they left, so they continued to divide and conquer. Paki's fell for it, thinking they could gain more land from this relationship. As for South Indians looking different from North Indian and Pakistanis/Bangladeshi's....this is all a bunch of BS. I have traveled extensively throughout South Asia, and you can find all shades everywhere. I have seen North Indians as dark as South Indians and vice versa. The same applies to Pakistan and Bangladesh. A recent DNA test has confirmed that most ppl from the Subcontinent are the same.

Jihadis like Mintgum have a one track mind. They presume Islam was welcomed and that Muslims brought great enlightenment. All they brought was, chaos, death and suffering. All anyone has to do is read a book. Don't trust some random idiot's rant. Judge for yourself. I am not afraid because my points are based on FACT not fiction like mintgum's BS. An enlightened person will look for the truth regardless of religion, personal views, history, etc and call it as it is.

In order for Pakistan to cultivate a separate identity that was distinct from India, their nation did everything it could to brainwash their ppl starting at the primary education level. If you talk to Pakistani's they will say they area mix of Chinese, Iranian, blah, blah...simply to neglect their ancestral roots to Indian Hindus. Of course, there are cultural similarities between North Indians and Pakistani's, they are the same ppl different only by religion and look at the difference! Sadly, some Pakistani's don;t realize that the Arabs look down on them. They throw them a few scraps while exploiting them. And Arab will marry a Paki women but they will never allow their women to marry a Paki man unless they are extremely wealthy. Even then, it is quite rare. So why the double standards? What happened to Islamic Brotherhood? More like Islamic BS!

I am born and raised in NYC. I am not a hindu. I can see why Paki-gum has such a narrow view. He states he received his HS education in the UK, so he probably came straight from a Pakistani village. If any non- Paki's have ever visited the UK, just inquire what the locals think about the Paki's? LMAO on that note, I rest my case.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:06 AM

1,434 posts, read 2,116,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Not necessarily slaves, oppressed and persecuted would be a more accurate term. There's a reason why Muslims don't generally get along with non-Muslims and hell even including among themselves and have a general inclination to oppress/control/persecute religious minorities in countries dominated by Islamic ideology, Islam still hasn't shaken off it's Medieval baggage to an extremely large degree.

And you can go on lambasting the merits of forming an explicitly Islamic state and glorifying a rampaging maniac(which eerily parallels neo-Nazis and Hitler), but the great irony is that Muslims enjoy more rights, freedom, prosperity, upward mobility, and security in India than Pakistan and for the most part heartily identify as being Indians.

Exactly! Bragging about how great Aurangzeb exposes the mentality of Mintgum. If someone asked me to name the greatest leader in the subcontinent regardless of religion, I would say ASHOKA. His actions are incomparable to any other ruler in India because he learned from his mistakes and completely changed his actions. But someone like Mintgum would use an RSS reference. It exposes his shortcomings.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:47 PM

686 posts, read 958,064 times
For you, who spend that historical period as the vanquished out of power, of course Aurangzeb is a bad guy. For me, as part of what was the ruling community, he was a Lion.

Yes warfare was evident, but who sat atop the mountain? It was pesky Hindus and co fighting against a magnificent Muslim empire. As for Jihadi or whatever jazz you spit, I was born and grew up here in the west. I have never spent a day in a Pakistani school. My history classes were taught by Englishmen, so I can hardly be seen as a product of your perception of Pakistani education.

I am glad my people became Muslims. If you knew an ounce of anything, you'd know that what forms Sind and Punjab now were amongst the first regions to become Muslim, so undoubtedly by the time of the Great Mughals, my ancestors who are from the Northern Punjab (near Kashmir, 20 miles away) were Muslims and keeping you chooras in your natural position of servitude to us.

Last edited by mintgum84; 05-19-2013 at 05:00 PM..

Old 05-19-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post

Oh and let make another thing clear....Im a Cochin Jew......

That's great. Major empires sprung from you.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:06 PM

2,299 posts, read 3,396,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
For you, who spend that historical period as the vanquished out of power, of course Aurangzeb is a bad guy. For me, as part of what was the ruling community, he was a Lion.

Yes warfare was evident, but who sat atop the mountain? It was pesky Hindus and co fighting against a magnificent Muslim empire. As for Jihadi or whatever jazz you spit, I was born and grew up here in the west. I have never spent a day in a Pakistani school. My history classes were taught by Englishmen, so I can hardly be seen as a product of your perception of Pakistani education.

I am glad my people became Muslims. If you knew an ounce of anything, you'd know that what forms Sind and Punjab now were amongst the first regions to become Muslim, so undoubtedly by the time of the Great Mughals, my ancestors who are from the Northern Punjab (near Kashmir, 20 miles away) were Muslims and keeping you chooras in your natural position of servitude to us.
It seems you didn't pay good attention to your British schoolteachers.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:13 PM

As for 'getting on', I reject any notion of conflict between us and some others being inherent. We have no interest in parts of the world that do not belong to us by natural right - Latin America for example. But Central and South Asia is entirely part of our natural land and we are justified in desiring its return to us.

Just as my Japanese friends insists his people are the natural masters of East Asia, we are the natural Lords of South and Central Asia and rightfully and justifiably kept the lesser beings under our foot for centuries. Some crazy Brits ruined the fun, but what is 200 years in historical terms? A mere blip.

Now the ME is the domain of Arab Muslims, West Africa of the local Muslims there who had mighty empires, and the lands in the Central-South Asian region belong to us. So is conflict inherent, no. Lions guard their lands and retake that which has been stolen from them. The Lion will again fill the region with its justice.

Last edited by mintgum84; 05-19-2013 at 05:32 PM..

Old 05-19-2013, 05:43 PM

I'm not sure if you're trolling, being serious, or both; but your statements resemble the line of thought that makes people wary of Islamic immigration(including your "home" country of the UK), and why it's often perceived that Islam is an enemy to humanity and liberal values. It's Islam or nothing.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 05-19-2013 at 05:55 PM..

Old 05-19-2013, 05:47 PM

Not true. It is akin to saying that those areas that are ours by right (Parts of Asia, ME, Africa) naturally belong to us.

This has NO bearing on Lat Am, SS Africa, Europe, North America or East Asia. I just feel that where we ruled for centuries - such as India - are naturally and legitimately our territory and believing we should rule these lands accordingly is neither expansionist, racist or aggressive.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:55 PM

So when are you heading off to NW Pakistan to fight the good fight? Make sure you surround yourself with women and children when you hear the sounds of engines :P

Old 05-19-2013, 06:00 PM

The insurgency in NW Pakistan is unfortunate, but many states have dealt with such insurgencies that have lasted for longer. Algeria, Sri Lanka, Colombia etc. It's been 6 terrible years, but the solution is a mix of dialogue and force with those elements who insist on war. I travel to Pk regularly, and outside of the KPK region, life is largely normal.

I feel the Islamists in FATA should lay down their arms and stop causing havoc in Pakistan. For eons, since the Raj even, FATA was been an autonomously governed area. They should join the political debate. But this has nothing to do with the issue at hand which is that from the northern most point of Central Asia, to the southern most tip of South Asia, that land by right belongs to us and in seeking its entire return to Muslim rule - I am hoping to right a historical wrong created by the British Empire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia