Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 03:23 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmemaybe View Post
You sound like some of the right wingers in my own country.
I can concur with you sentiment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What stories?
That it is a very conservative and pro-corporal punishment country. I was there in 1994-1995 right when all the news broke about Michael P. Fay being caned. Also in the Navy we were told no Playboy's were sold there and strict laws about drinking and eating in public.

I still liked the country though, very friendly and helpful people. I stayed right off Orchad in a Chinese style apartment for 2 weeks, floor toilet and all. There was a Denny's right down the avenue from my place though, it really felt like America. This is around where I stayed...400 Orchard Rd., Singapore, Singapore

Old 09-06-2012, 09:25 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
That it is a very conservative and pro-corporal punishment country. I was there in 1994-1995 right when all the news broke about Michael P. Fay being caned. Also in the Navy we were told no Playboy's were sold there and strict laws about drinking and eating in public.

I still liked the country though, very friendly and helpful people. I stayed right off Orchad in a Chinese style apartment for 2 weeks, floor toilet and all. There was a Denny's right down the avenue from my place though, it really felt like America. This is around where I stayed...400 Orchard Rd., Singapore, Singapore
No doubt, friendly people can be found in Singapore. It depends on who you run in to. However, I don't think I could live there. I don't do Playboy, nor would I ever litter. However, I like gum, and I'm the type who will eat and drink in public. I

Old 09-07-2012, 06:42 AM

317 posts, read 527,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
Why should we be "relaxed" in our rules to drug users, abusers or dealers or people who chose to transport them???
BTW If you don't like our rules, DON'T come here!!!
We seriously "don't want YOU" (YOU, who is "pro-drugs & drug paraphernalia").

We as Singaporean really do not need losers who chose to be in drug trade or abuse in any form NOR need people who support drug abuse in any shape or form (seriously again... WE don't want you here!!! No Thank-you, go some place else!!! Don't "soil" my beautiful country mind you!).

We don't care if Hong Kong relax their rules... they are NOT "us" (Go to Hong Kong Pleazzzz, Singaporean still don't want drug paraphernalia supporters here in SG).
And we love our society more "puritan" like that.
And thank you very much... yes, love it that way.

BTW... drug abuse do "affect" mind and or the state of mind...
Why would we want or allow a "clouded & corrupted" mind in the drugged state to become & "spread" like a highly spreadable disease that can affect our innocent children????

Why should we as "Singaporean" want to allow that with that relaxed rules???
(Why? Shouldn't we Singaporean as a "smart" people learn from history from that EVIL of the Opium War & Trade with its abuse in China (1600s from the Portugese who started it all till 1800s) & actually be that proud nation that we would never allow that in OUR COUNTRY???)

We are fine for so many years "drug disease-free" from curbing drugs (as would CDC curb bird flu for eg.) hence with very little drug problems (still there is some that tried, but we do try our very best to cull them as we really should to protect our society).

Why...
Do you hear any normal "drug-free" Singaporean themselves complain except for the "people" who really like to be able to abuse that drug rule so they themselves can get access to it or for the "sympathetic" parents of those children that already abused it???

So yah... "look in the mirror"... when asking that question...
People who want that relaxed rules = people who actually will "profit" or be "advantageous" from the relaxed rules...
NOT people who will not get any positive results from it.

Go to Hong Kong plz???

P.S. And I loooove the capital punishment btw... with its very efficient court system (fast and don't waste time, so we don't waste tax payers money to feed the prisoners mind you) unlike USA even. Don't like it??? Move else where!!!! We don't even waste bullets on the like of losers... we are green & reuse our ropes for hanging.

Love it "Draconian" & super duper "Green" too..
How many innocent people do you guys execute every year or that doesn't happen in utopia?

Old 09-07-2012, 10:52 AM

271 posts, read 532,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
Why should we be "relaxed" in our rules to drug users, abusers or dealers or people who chose to transport them???
BTW If you don't like our rules, DON'T come here!!!
We seriously "don't want YOU" (YOU, who is "pro-drugs & drug paraphernalia").

We as Singaporean really do not need losers who chose to be in drug trade or abuse in any form NOR need people who support drug abuse in any shape or form (seriously again... WE don't want you here!!! No Thank-you, go some place else!!! Don't "soil" my beautiful country mind you!).

We don't care if Hong Kong relax their rules... they are NOT "us" (Go to Hong Kong Pleazzzz, Singaporean still don't want drug paraphernalia supporters here in SG).
And we love our society more "puritan" like that.
And thank you very much... yes, love it that way.

BTW... drug abuse do "affect" mind and or the state of mind...
Why would we want or allow a "clouded & corrupted" mind in the drugged state to become & "spread" like a highly spreadable disease that can affect our innocent children????

Why should we as "Singaporean" want to allow that with that relaxed rules???
(Why? Shouldn't we Singaporean as a "smart" people learn from history from that EVIL of the Opium War & Trade with its abuse in China (1600s from the Portugese who started it all till 1800s) & actually be that proud nation that we would never allow that in OUR COUNTRY???)

We are fine for so many years "drug disease-free" from curbing drugs (as would CDC curb bird flu for eg.) hence with very little drug problems (still there is some that tried, but we do try our very best to cull them as we really should to protect our society).

Why...
Do you hear any normal "drug-free" Singaporean themselves complain except for the "people" who really like to be able to abuse that drug rule so they themselves can get access to it or for the "sympathetic" parents of those children that already abused it???

So yah... "look in the mirror"... when asking that question...
People who want that relaxed rules = people who actually will "profit" or be "advantageous" from the relaxed rules...
NOT people who will not get any positive results from it.

Go to Hong Kong plz???

P.S. And I loooove the capital punishment btw... with its very efficient court system (fast and don't waste time, so we don't waste tax payers money to feed the prisoners mind you) unlike USA even. Don't like it??? Move else where!!!! We don't even waste bullets on the like of losers... we are green & reuse our ropes for hanging.

Love it "Draconian" & super duper "Green" too..
Sounds like you could use a blunt.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:54 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Honestly, I think Singapore's reputation is kind of blown out of proportion. I've been to Singapore many times and never have I run into problems. Just don't do anything wrong and you won't get into trouble. I'm sure you can live without chewing gum for awhile.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:02 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,682,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcosby View Post
Sounds like you could use a blunt.
Offer me (or my children) one I & I will definitely not hesitate to offer you that "very nice" green rope (fair exchange I believe)...

Hence the logic why you need Singapore to "relax" that law so you can in turn offer that blunt to my people so you can make "A PROFIT"???

To any who thinks I am a right wing thinker, is so right.

"If" all right winger all obey laws & don't do drugs... than it only proof that they are the "right" way.
Not morally wrong in that "other" way so they can twist that law to excuse that "loser" behaviour.

Oh yeah.
Mirror mirror on the wall.
Who is the "pot" afterall????

Lol!

P.S. If right wing is like Singapore... that means when you don't work, most likely you'll need YOUR OWN family to support you or you just don't eat.
Now... "if" USA also becomes like Singapore... just think how much of a "dead weight" USA can shed.
Its a very very good thing actually for the tax payers.

Last edited by hueyeats; 09-07-2012 at 08:30 PM..

Old 09-07-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsa71 View Post
How many innocent people do you guys execute every year or that doesn't happen in utopia?
Not so innocent when you are trying to offer drugs to my people or my people's children.
And what innocent??? Don't you know when there is smoke there more than likely is "fire"???

Besides its my country.
And if you don't like it... we love it that you do not even step one foot there.
Besides... we do already have too many people here anyways.
So...
Its not like we "need" loser drug people to "enhance" my country anyways.

Oh yeah.
Great countries need "smart" & clear headed people.
NOT drug heads or people who needs laws so they can be drug heads.

Please don't come here.
If you are a druggie, I do personally believe you are better off dead anyways.
Aren't drug users already brain dead in a way???
GMAB.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
So much for those legendary Singapore manners.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:59 PM

Yes, we are very well mannered when it comes to a timely execution to people who try to break our laws.
It is only courteous to do that & super courteous to try & protect our own people.

But then...
I am sure many Asian Countries will do that too.
Especially China.
Why would you want to test their courtesy & break their law???
They are much less "humane" & "understanding" I heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia