U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:54 PM

306 posts, read 440,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
Not so innocent when you are trying to offer drugs to my people or my people's children.
And what innocent??? Don't you know when there is smoke there more than likely is "fire"???

Besides its my country.
And if you don't like it... we love it that you do not even step one foot there.
Besides... we do already have too many people here anyways.
So...
Its not like we "need" loser drug people to "enhance" my country anyways.

Oh yeah.
Great countries need "smart" & clear headed people.
NOT drug heads or people who needs laws so they can be drug heads.

Please don't come here.
If you are a druggie, I do personally believe you are better off dead anyways.
Aren't drug users already brain dead in a way???
GMAB.
Where in my post did I say anything about glorifying or trafficking drugs?
I'm talking about freedom of speech freedom of religion do women have the same rights as men there?
Sounds like its a nazi regime there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 11:13 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,964,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsa71 View Post
Where in my post did I say anything about glorifying or trafficking drugs?
I'm talking about freedom of speech freedom of religion do women have the same rights as men there?
Sounds like its a nazi regime there?
But you asked me how many innocent people we execute... and this thread is about the drug trafficking law & people asking to relax it... thus the answer.

How innocent are the people trying to weasel their way out of our law when they want it "relaxed" for their "advantage" (to be not hanged when caught?)????

I am also talking about the freedom of speech.
I am a woman & I am free to uphold my country's law... freely done.
For those who try to impose restriction & twist the words so they can "break our laws" via relaxation... they are the ones trying to "censor" an actual Singapore Citizen who abides via her country's law & upholding the justification to her countrymen's safety.
Same rights will & can be voiced by a Singaporean male citizen easily.

Wow... Nazi regime??? (talking about Germany now???)
Nazi to you because my country's belief's is NOT YOURS???

You are talking about finding a loophole (of relaxation) of MY COUNTRY's LAW here.
So don't give me that "innocent" excuse speech.
One is NOT innocent "trying" to find a more "relaxed" law to excuse a crime.

And again... don't like it, don't set foot here.
Again.
WE don't NEED lawbreakers in OUR COUNTRY.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:20 PM

We are a "fine" country.
Fine (money) to law breakers, fine country for people seeking excellence & a drug free environment & for people who actually appreciates that about us.

If it is not fine to you...
Go elsewhere & its YOUR FREEDOM.
If you "choose freely" & break our fine rules... you will PAY & definitely get fined or find yourself hanging via our very fine justice system.

Free choice indeed.
Not as if you are stuck & held by a gun to come to Singapore "unwillingly".

So there... free speech.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:59 PM

One more very important point to point out...

For those of you who would want some other country to bend (relax) their country's law to you...

"If" it is your own country, would YOU want to bend (relax) your country's law for some one else with criminal intent???
Would you bend (relax) that law for even your own countryman even knowing its a crime & will compromise the safety of your countrymen???

"Think", just "think" of & on "how much" then do you really "love" your own country, respected YOUR OWN LAWS & that of your people, should you allow that (relaxed) bending of that law????

And...
What does that "make" of YOU???
(Look into the mirror & what it reflects of that own image)

Really...
Do YOU love your country as much as I love mine???

Old 09-08-2012, 12:00 AM

1,269 posts, read 3,418,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
We are a "fine" country.
Fine (money) to law breakers, fine country for people seeking excellence & a drug free environment & for people who actually appreciates that about us.

If it is not fine to you...
Go elsewhere & its YOUR FREEDOM.
If you "choose freely" & break our fine rules... you will PAY & definitely get fined or find yourself hanging via our very fine justice system.

Free choice indeed.
Not as if you are stuck & held by a gun to come to Singapore "unwillingly".

So there... free speech.
Really?

Old 09-08-2012, 02:17 AM

38,690 posts, read 89,260,590 times
hueyeats, you're an exceptional ambassador for your fine country.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:19 AM

4,444 posts, read 4,616,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
hueyeats, you're an exceptional ambassador for your fine country.
Agreed...lol.

Strict laws notwithstanding, I can't imagine why anyone would want to visit this place - it's hot, it's crowded, it's expensive - certainly not my idea of an ideal holiday, that's for sure!

Old 09-08-2012, 08:18 AM

407 posts, read 679,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In the USA, there is no death penalty for marijuana. However, there is prison time for that. I think it is about how its used.
Because jails in the US recieve their budget and funding based on how many inmates it has. So it's in their best intrest to keep every cell filled to capacity... and to make it as easy as possible to land in jail.

Many other civilized societies have education programs designed to train their inmates with a markatable job skill, so once they get out they don't HAVE to resort back to a life of crime.

But not the so-called 'greatest country in the world'

We arrest them, when their time is served, we release them back into the world, no better off than when they came in. So without some kind of education or training, it's only a matter of time before they fall back into their old ways and are right back in jail

But why teach an inmate to better himself and derail the gravy train, right?

Last edited by Trance750; 09-08-2012 at 08:28 AM..

Old 09-09-2012, 01:50 PM

9,224 posts, read 15,947,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Honestly, I think Singapore's reputation is kind of blown out of proportion. I've been to Singapore many times and never have I run into problems. Just don't do anything wrong and you won't get into trouble. I'm sure you can live without chewing gum for awhile.
Agreed but don't accidentally do anything wrong in Singapore...another story here from my Navy days:

When I flew into Singapore Air Base I was immediately looking to catch another KC-10 to Perth Australia. Not noticing the red ropes I walked out of the luggage line to a hallway to check on flight status and get my name in. Well I came back to about 10 guards holding guns and yelling at me for not staying in line. I was doomed, it took 3 hours to get through customs and multiple interviews for what literally was 15ft from the line. I honestly think if there wasn't such controversy already with the caning of Michael Fay I would have been detained for days. Watch your step.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:54 PM

111 posts, read 241,279 times
They started as a very poor country in the 60s with practically very limited resources. They had to enforce their law very strict inorder for them to catch up with other developing nations at that time. Which worked very well for them judging from their present situation right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or