U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 02:01 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,169,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotman18 View Post
anybody who has experience traveling to the Philippines can share the best area for a late 50's guy from the US to go to meet woman and have a good time. I am not looking for a wife or a hooker.
Generally speaking, most Filipina women are looking for either money (prostituting themselves out) or a husband.

If you just want to 'have a good time'...be careful not to lead someone on to marriage....and break someone's heart. Likewise, IF you were to look for marriage, you also have to be careful to not come across the women who are stringing along multiple guys for $$ advantages, etc.

You can definitely meet some that just want to 'have fun'...but you're probably be going to the nightlife areas and there might be an element of expectation of something for you to financially do something...i.e. pay taxi fares, buy the tabs to dinner, buy drinks, etc. If that's what you're looking for, maybe Ermita/Malate or Greenbelt 3 in Makati. Again though, while you're trying to have fun with no strings attached, you'll probably end up in some kind of situation where you feel like you are 'buying' your fun.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:55 AM

1 posts, read 4,074 times
hey,, if there is any single guys out there who is going to the philippines (in the month of December 2013) to meet women let me know, I make a good wing man and I don't like going alone when it comes to walking the streets at night,,its always good partner up with like minds and watch each others back. The babes are plenty and having a friend there to help you out goes a long way when hunting for the ladies. Email me if you like > caci4428@yahoo.com
thank
sincerely
RICO

Old 07-14-2013, 12:15 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,767,656 times
piatnight.com or philippines-addicts.com are prolly better sites for finding wing men, breh.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:12 PM
JL

7,352 posts, read 11,885,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrico View Post
hey,, if there is any single guys out there who is going to the philippines (in the month of December 2013) to meet women let me know, I make a good wing man and I don't like going alone when it comes to walking the streets at night,,its always good partner up with like minds and watch each others back. The babes are plenty and having a friend there to help you out goes a long way when hunting for the ladies. Email me if you like > caci4428@yahoo.com
thank
sincerely
RICO
sounds more like setting up the guy to get drugged and ripped off...or worse..

Old 09-18-2013, 10:13 AM

3 posts, read 11,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
Ok, here's the deal. I've thinking about going to the Philippines to meet a girl. I know what the deal is, she like many others want to marry a western guy to live a better life she may be desperate. I'm fully aware of this, and after much thought I really don't mind. I'm not that old (33 ) and I'm a decent looking guy so there's a possibility that she might actually be somewhat attracted to me.

I'm tired of the attitude of the average American woman and I'm thinking about giving this a shot. The way I look at it is if we get married I'll have her sign a prenup that way I can't get taken to the cleaners. So if she divorces me that's fine as long as I don't get screwed.

I'm thinking about flying over there to meet this girl I've been corresponding with online. She lives in Davao City and I'm would like some tips to anyone that has experience with this. How to play this safe and not put myself in harms way. I've never been to the Philippines so I need some guidance.

I want to meet her and spend some time with her and see how she is. I'm not going to get married right away but if I do can we get married over there or does it have to be in the states? Once married is she allowed to live in the US?

Info would be greatly appreciated.

Seems like it would be worth giving it a shot. I am married to an American woman, but my older brother (age 49) has dated a few filipinas and is now getting very interested in one. I had a chance to meet her when we were all in Hong Kong. No possible way -- NO way, would he be able to find such a tiny, thin, ultra-hot, adoring, sweet girl in the USA. She's 20 years younger than him but they are great together. She will have to tone down her look when she gets to Connecticut -- she absolutely looks like an innocent version of an Asian bar girl, with insane heels and ultra short shorts -- but that's easy to take care of.

The one thing I would say is that this girl seems exTREMEly submissive, to the point that would greatly annoy me. My wife isn't that way at all. But that is what seems to work for my brother and it's cool with me. It's literally almost more like she doesn't have an identity separate from him. She acts like there is no other man in the room. Even in a restaurant, she won't choose what to order -- she says, "honey, just decide what you want me to eat and order it for me." I don't know if that's hot or just odd. I also don't know how it's going to go over in his East Coast/boarding school/Ivy League circles. Personally, I think he will be looked down on, but it's not up to me. Plus, I am sure she is incredible in bed, and he was the victim of a long, passionless marriage so good for him.

Anyhow, I am a lawyer, and he has asked me for some advice -- that's why I have an account on this forum in fact -- and I have looked into the visa issues and it's really not that difficult. However, it will come with a lot of expectations. There is NO WAY WHATSOEVER for a poor filipina girl to get a _tourist_ visa to the USA, so you're only talking about a _fiancee_ visa. So, if you'd like to live with the girl for a year or two before proposing to her, that's simply not going to happen. You have 90 days to get married to her, or she goes back. That's the reality and it is a little jarring.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:37 AM

2 posts, read 4,331 times
Default Good luck

I am a middle aged canadian man who decided to look to the philippines for love . I am extremely lucky and met the woman of my dreams whom i love and who loves me . We are getting married . But honestly this took work and patience .
You can't be naive ,. There are a lot of scams and lots of women who are just looking to marry a foreign man for a better life , but there are even more that that are honest , loving and extremely loyal . For them , a chance of a better life is part of the equation , but i stress only a part . I read an interesting article one time when in the philippines where a poll had found that the vast majority of women stated that the most important attractive features in their ideal man , are kindness , compassion , loyalty , and love for them .
Their culture is a refreshing change . Success to them is making the man they love happy!!!

A foreign man will get a lot of attention in the philippines from some very beautiful women . For me , it was a shock to be in the driver's seat like i was a 20 something stud,,lol, but as i was looking for true love and a lasting relationship , i had to swallow my ego and my impatience .

I have read the comments and there is a lot of good advice . All i can suggest is go into it all with an open mind , be patient , and try to learn about their culture . It will give you valuable insights .

Old 02-09-2014, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,258 times
Default want to make contact with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
33. You are going to be told constantly how young you are. Regarding attraction, they'll be attracted. Most Filipinas absolutely love foreign men. You could be much much older, with no hair, and never had taken care of your body, and they'll still be attracted to you. Personally I think it's not only economical, but they just really believe that any guy with white skin is going to give them absolutely beautiful babies. Plus, once you get familiar with Filipino TV...you'll see that the mass majority of all the Filipino tv personalies are always half something that isn't Filipino. So it taps right into those fantasies of having a potential celebrity baby as well. The women love kids.

I always got a kick out of walking around some of the malls, ESPECIALLY the Cebu malls. Cebu is the #1 most comfortable city for foreign expats who marry Filipinas. You go through the malls and you'll see dozens and dozens of 'second lifers' - guys who look like they've been life in a major way, got into the ages of 60s, 70s, etc....somehow moved to the Philippines, met a Filipina, and suddenly, no doubt with great influence/pushing from the Filipina spouse, to have kids...even at their old age like that. So you'll constantly watch them tromping around the malls with a couple kids in tow, during their golden years.

Regarding your potential marriage. Filipinas are generally quite loyal and faithful. Many of them are actually seriously seeking love with a foreigner, in a very fantasy dream like way. Like really dreaming and seeing a prince coming to rescue despite any and all major glowing flaws the guy may have.

That being said, if you have ANY RESERVATIONS whatsoever with this particular one you've become smitten with, than certainly don't risk deeper involvement with the one. While there are some great ones, there are also some not so good ones. If you go to the malls anywhere in the Philippines, you'll see multitudes and multitudes of filipinas online chatting up potential guys all around the world. You'll see their computer screens with 5-7 people at a time...and they'll be saying 'I love you' to all of them, while giving out their phone numbers. Some of them even ask for money, etc. If you get any sense of something like that, be really wary with the one you're finding yourself falling in love with. I'm not saying yours is one of those girls, but that that element certainly exists there. Many also chat online though, and are serously looking for true love, and will be faithful as well though. Just think about it, while you are there visiting her.

Additionally, while you seem smitten with one in particular that you've never met in person. Take in mind, that in the Philippines, if you do visit, you'll be extremely desireable by many of the Filipina population. I've been approached by Fathers asking me to meet their daughters. I've had an immigration official try to play matchmaker with me. I've certainly got plenty of eye contact and flirtation on an extremely regular basis. Being that you're only 33, you're going to get a ton of it. They are more use to guys visiting their country who are in the 60+ age range.

Additionally, I saw the one you are interested in lives in Davao. That's actually great, because few foreigners go to Davao or Mindinao. Ironically Davao has always felt a million times safer than Manila/Luzon, but Filipinos in Manila/Luzon will always be afraid of people from Mindinao, and assume it's much more dangerous down there. In short, most of people from Davao/Mindinao seem to be absolutely sweethearts. Just based on her location alone, I'd say you have a potential lifer - a really good ones.

If you ever meet an online girl from say Angeles City, you better stay clear. It's essentially a city of prostitution. There is desperation to many Filipinas, but the ones that tap regularly into prostitution have generally crossed another line, in my opinion, although they'll initially come across very sweet in that typical Filipina way. That being said, there are millions and millions of extremely hardworking Filipinas just doing their non-prostitution jobs, and working hard at it, who make ends meet, without resorting to such measures. So, if you meet one that seems to think prostition was her only option, take in mind there are plenty in similar conditions who don't think that way and make other choices. However, it's been really rare that I've heard of Filipinas from Mindinao/Davao who ever have that Angeles kind of mindset.

Marriage questions. Yeah, if you marry her, she's allowed to live in the U.S. You'll have to go through paperwork and time.
You have given excellent advice to the person asking a question here, may I contact you with a question of my own regarding a filipina? thank-you, Natura

Old 02-09-2014, 02:09 PM

201 posts, read 265,095 times
Quote:
The way I look at it is if we get married I'll have her sign a prenup that way I can't get taken to the cleaners. So if she divorces me that's fine as long as I don't get screwed.
If she's smart, that will be a Catch-22 situation for you. In other words, she may be hesitant to marry you if you bring up that prenup talk...

Quote:
Ironically Davao has always felt a million times safer than Manila/Luzon
This is partly due to the Davao "death squad" which is some type of vigilante group that acts as a sort of paramilitary for the Davao mayor (I'm not kidding, go look it up)

Quote:
Most Filipinas absolutely love foreign men. You could be much much older, with no hair, and never had taken care of your body, and they'll still be attracted to you. Personally I think it's not only economical, but they just really believe that any guy with white skin is going to give them absolutely beautiful babies. Plus, once you get familiar with Filipino TV...you'll see that the mass majority of all the Filipino tv personalies are always half something that isn't Filipino. So it taps right into those fantasies of having a potential celebrity baby as well. The women love kids.
I've only read the first page of this thread and there's obviously a big "elephant in the room" that no one wants to point out. While practical economic reasons are a significant factor, I think colonial mentality is the big culprit here.

Kudos to both parties though if true love is the main motivator, but I can't help but feel the undertones of sex tourism in this thread. That and the growing feminist attitudes in the western world that force western men to travel to the east in search of a more loyal, "submissive" woman.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:22 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,169,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natura View Post
You have given excellent advice to the person asking a question here, may I contact you with a question of my own regarding a filipina? thank-you, Natura
Sure.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:43 AM

7 posts, read 34,605 times
That country is being looked down by other asian countries for worshipping white people like god. Even countries poorer than it are not so much into white people. White women dislike the women coming from that country, ask any women in North America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia