U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 04:28 AM

9 posts, read 21,496 times

Advertisements

Some Koreans and Taiwanese do "buy" wives from poorer countries. For some poor countries, it is very true money can get a wife.

For Japanese and most Europeans, no. Men who marry in such a way are laughed by both men and women in their own country as losers, failing to get a woman from their own country.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,615 times
It is a thread rude to women of developing countries

All the developed countries and territories I know have a culture of disliking people from developing countries for a variety of reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by japanese001 View Post
It is a thread rude to women.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:05 PM

1,829 posts, read 1,701,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodchain11 View Post
Seems like it would be worth giving it a shot. I am married to an American woman, but my older brother (age 49) has dated a few filipinas and is now getting very interested in one. I had a chance to meet her when we were all in Hong Kong. No possible way -- NO way, would he be able to find such a tiny, thin, ultra-hot, adoring, sweet girl in the USA. She's 20 years younger than him but they are great together. She will have to tone down her look when she gets to Connecticut -- she absolutely looks like an innocent version of an Asian bar girl, with insane heels and ultra short shorts -- but that's easy to take care of.

The one thing I would say is that this girl seems exTREMEly submissive, to the point that would greatly annoy me. My wife isn't that way at all. But that is what seems to work for my brother and it's cool with me. It's literally almost more like she doesn't have an identity separate from him. She acts like there is no other man in the room. Even in a restaurant, she won't choose what to order -- she says, "honey, just decide what you want me to eat and order it for me." I don't know if that's hot or just odd. I also don't know how it's going to go over in his East Coast/boarding school/Ivy League circles. Personally, I think he will be looked down on, but it's not up to me. Plus, I am sure she is incredible in bed, and he was the victim of a long, passionless marriage so good for him.

Anyhow, I am a lawyer, and he has asked me for some advice -- that's why I have an account on this forum in fact -- and I have looked into the visa issues and it's really not that difficult. However, it will come with a lot of expectations. There is NO WAY WHATSOEVER for a poor filipina girl to get a _tourist_ visa to the USA, so you're only talking about a _fiancee_ visa. So, if you'd like to live with the girl for a year or two before proposing to her, that's simply not going to happen. You have 90 days to get married to her, or she goes back. That's the reality and it is a little jarring.
Isn't this PRECISELY why your brother is dating some woman from the phillipines? If he wanted someone more independent he would still be dating american women. There's also something else to consider here, she may be acting this way until she marries your brother. Not hard to do for 90 days when you consider what she gets in return.

Btw, I dated a white american woman from CT who was fairly submissive, and it got old almost from the get go. Does your brother want her number?

Old 04-01-2014, 04:09 AM

6 posts, read 9,807 times
There are some stereotypes, with women of both western and asian developed countries labelled as bitchy and demanding, women of developing countries as golddiggers and submissive.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:00 AM

3,437 posts, read 5,509,280 times
OP, do you know anything about Filipino culture? I grew up with some Filipino friends and honestly, I think it is very dangerous to marry someone without understanding their culture.

Filipinos can be very friendly in a superficial way but extremely shady and sneaky. I have had things stolen by Filipino "friends" more than once- it was more like "Can I borrow this?" then they simply never return it.

This girl you have been talking to may be talking to 5 other guys because I know several Filipinas who get money from several Western guys.

I know about one girl that was married to two guys at the same time- married one American guy in Thailand and another Canadian guy in the Philippines- she was technically married to both at the same time while living in the Philippines and getting money from both.

Do what you want but I have had nothing but negative experiences with Filipinos.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:15 AM

282 posts, read 606,397 times
All I can say is that, be street smart. If you want to check the sincerity of that girl then meet the family.. living with her family for at least a week would best thing to observe. That way, you have the chance to check everything. All Filipino families no matter poor or how rich they are, they are accommodating and hospitable to a visitor.

Also, explore other things in the Philippines.. Food, destinations, fun etc, don't limit youself looking for women. You'll find amazing things for sure.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:41 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,435,783 times
This is a two year old thread.

The stereotypes people like to put on other people do not fit all or even many of any race.

There are many wonderful American women but most of the good ones already got snatched up early on in life, that does not mean that there are not still many great ones to marry if you can find such a jewel.

The Philippines is a place where a man can go meet a bad women or a wonderful women who often does not carry much of the baggage that I had found the many women carried in the US that I had dated while I was single. Also many parts of the Philippines is sort of like going back in time, therefore even when I was 46, I was able to relate to someone in their 20's since a lot of our oldies were played on TV and on the radio there but often with Filipino actors and singers. Filipinos often like to emulate Americans, so they often sing our songs and I have found that to include many of our greatest oldies which made me feel right at home when there.

Going to the Philippines for a wife or otherwise is not for everyone but after 3 years of dating in the US women from many different cultures, I found someone in the Philippines who I totally clicked with and who totally clicked with me. There have been challenges with the differences in culture, so anyone thinking of doing it really needs to read up on Filipino culture to better understand ahead of a relationship. Also the Philippines consists of 7107 islands with many different cultures in many of the areas, so surely you experts cannot believe that one size fit all, just as one size for Americans could never fit all who come from different parts of the US.

My wife and I have been married 20 years and I know her over 23 years, so I guess the stereotype some like to put on all women from the Philippines surely cannot fit all. YMMV but a person really needs to go into anything with their eyes wide open.

BTW if a man is a bitter unhappy person in the US, then I would not advise them to go to the Philippines. You most often get what you give and from my experience a person who gives off bad vibes will never have a happy life with any women.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,669 times
hi I am from Pakistan .
i want to marry a philippine girl .
can you tell me the procedure . I live in Pakistan . We love each other so much.
please if you help us. We want to marry . what are the requirements for marriage in Flippino . After marriage I would like to get her in Pakistan . She is ready to live with me in Pakistan . Please guide us for this. We will be thankful to you.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:23 PM

282 posts, read 606,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saifi470 View Post
hi I am from Pakistan .
can you tell me the procedure . I live in Pakistan . We love each other so much.
please if you help us. We want to marry . what are the requirements for marriage in Flippino . After marriage I would like to get her in Pakistan . She is ready to live with me in Pakistan . Please guide us for this. We will be thankful to you.
2 options mate.

you can go to your preferred church wedding (just don't know if you need to convert)

or by civil wedding @ cityhall of a particular city

problem:
by ph wedding, polygamy i guess is prohibited in civil and church (christian) weddings, unless you marry her under islam religion in ph.

common requirements:
usually birth cert., single cert., passport (foreigner), etc.

other specific you can check of specific churches of your choices on the religion reqs.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:44 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,435,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saifi470 View Post
hi I am from Pakistan .
First before all else you have to have met in person, if you two have already met then it is up to your country as to what they require for you to bring her over as a fiancee or marry her in the Philippines and then petition her as a spouse.

Immigration to Pakistan

The Philippines requires a 10 business day time from the time you apply for the license until you get married, so your visit will usually have to be at least more than that and with all the red tape you are bound to run into, I would say make it much longer.

Usually you will have to show a certificate of singleness from your embassy to prove you are able to marry, original copies of all divorces or death certificates of former spouses and they must all be translated to English and certified by the Philippine Embassy in your country.

First place to start is finding out what your country requires and then contacting the Embassy of the Philippines in your country to see what they will require and I recommend you get both of those in writing. One thing I have found in the Philippines is that rules and laws are up to the person in charge who is determining them at the time, so having things in writing from the embassy can often smooth things out when the rules seem to have changed due to the in charges interpretation of them.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia