U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 PM

15,943 posts, read 36,139,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
As far as waiting to find an American women, I've tried and I'm tired of looking. Many American women don't really genuinely love there husbands anyways. As soon as a guy gets laid off from his job many of them file for divorce. American women seem very disloyal these days hence the high divorce rate in the US.

As far as her marring me for citizenship, I'm aware that's a real possibility but once married she's free to divorce me if she wants to and that's my way of testing her intentions. If she wants a divorce that's fine, it means she never like me in the first place and if she sticks around well, then I can say she might actually like me for who I am.
Irony. You don't want to marry an American woman because she seems disloyal. Yet, you're 100% committed to the idea of marrying a Filipina you've never met based on the idea you could 'send her back, if you don't like her' and you're equally okay if she divorces you after the marriage.

Huge disconnect there.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:03 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,763,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Irony. You don't want to marry an American woman because she seems disloyal. Yet, you're 100% committed to the idea of marrying a Filipina you've never met based on the idea you could 'send her back, if you don't like her' and you're equally okay if she divorces you after the marriage.

Huge disconnect there.
he's obviously just frustrated cuz he doesn't have much luck with the ladies where he lives. not sure why he blames them for his problem. regardless, he should not be going to the PI looking for a wife IMO, that would be bad for both him and the girl.

i would recommend going to angeles city for a 2-3 week trip and having fun with the bar girls. blow off some steam. have some fun. don't fall in love tho.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 PM

16,482 posts, read 21,070,664 times
Marriage is not something to just jump into. There is a lot to consider. If you bring her here and she knows you have 90 days to marry her, she is going to be on her best behavior for those days. You have no idea what you are getting into. Do you want to be a divorcee that was married for a month or a few months? That isn't going to look good when looking for yet another wife. You are still young and have plenty of time to find a partner.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:33 PM

15,943 posts, read 36,139,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
he's obviously just frustrated cuz he doesn't have much luck with the ladies where he lives. not sure why he blames them for his problem. regardless, he should not be going to the PI looking for a wife IMO, that would be bad for both him and the girl.

i would recommend going to angeles city for a 2-3 week trip and having fun with the bar girls. blow off some steam. have some fun. don't fall in love tho.
In agreement on both accounts.

I'm actually thinking he seems like the type that'll tie in an Angeles City trip with his marriage proposal trip anyways. Than he'll be confused to marry one of the many favorite bargirls or the good girl. He'll probably marry the good girl, and ruin her life...which will also put tailspins on his own life. He'll ultimately blame the girl somehow, and...repeat over and over.

30 years later, there will be 4-5 ex-wife filipinas he'll have had married and had divorced living in various places up and down the American West Coast. Meanwhile he'll still be insisting that it's the American WOMEN that have commitment/relationship/loyalty issues.

Statistically, however bad the stats are for American marriages/divorces, it's another fact that international marriages even have a higher divorce rate. It's not that either one might not work, but if someone was playing odds on these things, I know which one i"d bet on.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:48 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,763,635 times
LOL reminds me of this american guy i was talking to in margarita station in angeles city around 6 years ago. his 4th wife had just left him and taken their house in samar. his exact words were he was on a mission to find his "5th ex wife". ran into him again at the ABC pool party a couple years ago and he was single yet again, looking for yet another wife.

almost all these relationships end badly. i don't know why guys do it. pretty scummy if you ask me.

if someone happens to find love, sure go for it. but not on a short trip or over the internet. and not if one has sexual hang ups about women. i'd estimate that guys who suffer from the anti-american women disease have a 99% divorce rate with the foreign girls they marry. they just arent marriage material. the reality is they hate all women.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:41 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,435,190 times
After rereading your post and mine, in case I was not clear, you have to apply for the visa and not her. You applying for a fiancee visa for her would be the quickest to get her to the US. If you marry her in the Philippines, then it would probably take longer for the spousal visa.

I had supplied the link the the poverty level in an earlier post and all you have to do is look at which state you live in and then take the figure for two people if she does not have a child or you do not already have a child of your own living with you and then multiply that number by 125% to see how much income you would have to be making in order to qualify for a visa to bring her back to the states. If you cannot qualify for that then do not proceed or you both will end up very hurt. I know of quite a few men on disability or regular social security that cannot qualify on their own and often family or friends are not willing to sign documents of support as cosponsors since it puts them and you on the line for the doctor or hospital bills if she should God forbid get sick or injured while in the US and you do not have health insurance for her. That alone is one reason to get married as soon as possible and get her health insurance.

In order to apply for a fiancee visa you two would have had to have already met in person and prove that to the US immigration with photos of you both in the Philippines and copies of your passport and pages showing your trip and a copy of your itinerary/airline eticket also helps as proof. Save copies of your communications as that too would be part of the proof of how you two met and how long your relationship has been going on for or the visas may not be approved if immigration thinks it is a fraud in any way. For instance if you state something such as some of what you have stated in posts here, then they would not approve her visa for a fiancee if you were not sure you are going to marry her.

My advice would be to get an immigration attorney or guidance from a company that helps with those types of visas, since if you do it yourself then it will probably take even longer. I would also say to get to know her a lot better before even thinking along the lines of marriage.

As for American women, I had dated plenty when I was younger and then again dated plenty during the 3 plus years I was single again and while I know there are some fantastic American women out there, after all some of my friends are married to some of them, so most are already taken and the ones who may not be are often hard to find in a US dating environment. I am sorry if that insults any lady who reads this but there is often a big difference in how many American women think and respond and how ladies from many other countries and specifically the Philippines think and respond, yet I can say from personal experience that no one should think any lady from any country would or should be treated as anything other than an equal.

Most ladies from the Philippines are all about family and are brought up very differently than American women, so while no one should think they will not have a mind of their own and be a slave type of wife, because most wont, but if you treat those ladies with respect, love and kindness, then most of those ladies will most often give the same back to you ten fold.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:37 AM

2,275 posts, read 5,668,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
i'd estimate that guys who suffer from the anti-american women disease have a 99% divorce rate with the foreign girls they marry. they just arent marriage material. the reality is they hate all women.
This, exactly. I get the distinct impression that the OP has a strong dislike of women in general. The callous way he's referring to this whole idea, as if he's buying an appliance that he can return if he's not happy the way it performs, shows a complete lack of respect for women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
but if you treat those ladies with respect, love and kindness, then most of those ladies will most often give the same back to you ten fold.
The same is true of American women. My husband treats me with respect, love and kindness, and gets it back from me tenfold. And just like the OP claims that American women have issues, there will be plenty of women in the Philippines who have issues as well. Somehow I get the impression that by "loyal", the OP means "subservient".

Old 09-09-2012, 09:08 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,212,583 times
I don't have any particular experience with the Philippines, but one thing I would say, is this: Make sure you understand what constitutes a LEGAL commitment to marry someone in that particular country, or you might find yourself on the short end of a breach of contract suit.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:05 AM

407 posts, read 678,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
Ok, here's the deal. I've thinking about going to the Philippines to meet a girl. I know what the deal is, she like many others want to marry a western guy to live a better life she may be desperate. I'm fully aware of this, and after much thought I really don't mind. I'm not that old (33 ) and I'm a decent looking guy so there's a possibility that she might actually be somewhat attracted to me.

I'm tired of the attitude of the average American woman and I'm thinking about giving this a shot. The way I look at it is if we get married I'll have her sign a prenup that way I can't get taken to the cleaners. So if she divorces me that's fine as long as I don't get screwed.

I'm thinking about flying over there to meet this girl I've been corresponding with online. She lives in Davao City and I'm would like some tips to anyone that has experience with this. How to play this safe and not put myself in harms way. I've never been to the Philippines so I need some guidance.

I want to meet her and spend some time with her and see how she is. I'm not going to get married right away but if I do can we get married over there or does it have to be in the states? Once married is she allowed to live in the US?

Info would be greatly appreciated.
I understand your frustration completely, espiecally towards the American women and have thought about this as well.

BUT you must bear in mind, that many of these girls only want a Green Card and once that have that, they will be walking out the door. Contrary to popular belief they are not niave and know how to play the game just like American women.

They're just more subtle.

Last edited by Trance750; 09-09-2012 at 11:04 AM..

Old 09-09-2012, 10:36 AM

440 posts, read 1,322,552 times
Okay, okay, I've been thinking about this and yes it's does sound all a bit too much too soon. I'm going through some stressful times and maybe I'm not thinking clearly enough. I'm not going to get married in a hurry, I won't try the 90 day visa just yet. I would still like to go to the Philippines if anything at least to explore a new country. I'll stay in contact with this girl and continue to chat with her and find out more about her.

Although what I said about American women I still believe is true. Women in this county have become cold, shallow, cunning, and promiscuous. I'm tired of the radical feminist movement, in most relationships in the US the woman wears the pants. They control everything with an Iron fist, dictating everything. Even in many tv shows and commercials men are portrayed as weak and stupid .

I just wanted to be treated with respect for once by a respectful women who appreciates her man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia