U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-01-2015, 01:12 PM
 
25,059 posts, read 23,231,089 times
Reputation: 11628

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Insecure men from any race, ethnicity, or nationality often like to fall back on this argument if seeing a woman from their background makes them feel uncomfortable... "only the ugly ones date white guys," "only the fat ones go for black guys," you can basically change the adjective to any other negative slam and the race to anything else and find a bunch of losers who can't get dates who will agree.

I certainly do know some women here in China who are single moms, divorced, come from "bad" families, etc, who go for foreigners specifically because lots of westerners - though not all, of course - are judgmental about these things, while most Chinese men would never consider it, at all, ever. But, the majority of Chinese women I see who go after Western men are actually younger, average-to-pretty, educated, and come from an at least middle class background. Some of them have a serious attraction, and others have fetishized it... but again, it's the same stuff you see anywhere else in the world, between any other groups.
It's the same as women from my own background. 99% don't go for foreign guys, yet some get all butthurt when they do. I'm not one of them. I don't feel so insecure that I feel all women from my ethnic group MUST date and marry someone who is the same ethnicity as me. I'm mixed race myself, and yes even I've gotten the evil "how dare you date one of OUR women, 3rd worlder" stares from white guys when I walk around with my Anglo wife. I know how that guy feels, but it's a typical territorial male display. But, again, I feel for the above poster because us ethnic guys are at a disadvantage in the West. But, whatever, I managed to overcome it. I also don't think Asian women overwhelmingly prefer foreign guys or white guys. Otherwise, most of these Asian countries wouldn't be close to 100% non-foreign in composition. Dating and marrying and procreating are different things. And like you said, most of the time the common denominator is young age. 18-24 year olds like to have a little fun. When it comes time to settle down, most of everyone marries their own, except if you're a Filipina or Vietnamese wanting a meal ticket out of those countries. Now, I'm not gonna lie and I do think it's creepy and strange when most interracial couples I see all go in one direction, non-white woman and white man, and from the comments I've seen when Asian girls publicly profess attraction for black or Latino guys, the white commentators or posters literally go ballistic as if Asian women were the property of white men. THAT's what I find very troubling, and I also find very troubling that many times, white guys that date Asians love to disparage Asian men. That's a common thing you find across the internet and even in real life.

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 12-01-2015 at 01:46 PM..

 
Old 12-01-2015, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Taipei
6,789 posts, read 5,149,934 times
Reputation: 4596
Quote:
Originally Posted by swami0311 View Post
There is no denying a large percentage of Asian women actively seek white men. White men in this society are often put on a pedestal and praised in our society even if they do not deserve it. The white man has achieved this status in society by acts of murder, rape, theft, loot, pillage, and colonialism. These Asian women that date white men clearly have no dignity or self respect.
Reminds me of this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYVATuLwCA

Is that you?
 
Old 12-01-2015, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,790 posts, read 13,388,896 times
Reputation: 11313
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's the same as women from my own background. 99% don't go for foreign guys, yet some get all butthurt when they do. I'm not one of them. I don't feel so insecure that I feel all women from my ethnic group MUST date and marry someone who is the same ethnicity as me. I'm mixed race myself, and yes even I've gotten the evil "how dare you date one of OUR women, 3rd worlder" stares from white guys when I walk around with my Anglo wife. I know how that guy feels, but it's a typical territorial male display. But, again, I feel for the above poster because us ethnic guys are at a disadvantage in the West. But, whatever, I managed to overcome it. I also don't think Asian women overwhelmingly prefer foreign guys or white guys. Otherwise, most of these Asian countries wouldn't be close to 100% non-foreign in composition. Dating and marrying and procreating are different things. And like you said, most of the time the common denominator is young age. 18-24 year olds like to have a little fun. When it comes time to settle down, most of everyone marries their own, except if you're a Filipina or Vietnamese wanting a meal ticket out of those countries. Now, I'm not gonna lie and I do think it's creepy and strange when most interracial couples I see all go in one direction, non-white woman and white man, and from the comments I've seen when Asian girls publicly profess attraction for black or Latino guys, the white commentators or posters literally go ballistic as if Asian women were the property of white men. THAT's what I find very troubling, and I also find very troubling that many times, white guys that date Asians love to disparage Asian men. That's a common thing you find across the internet and even in real life.
I think the most common interracial pairings I saw back in the US were black guys with white women. In LA, Latino men with white women was quite common.

I don't think it's quite fair to think that it's "creepy" or "strange" when you see that the majority of interracial couples in the US are comprised of white men and nonwhite women, when white men are the majority gender/race group in that country. It makes perfect sense... I don't understand why it bothers people. I also don't understand why people have to assume that people get into interracial relationships because of a sense of self-loathing towards their own culture, or because of a lack of virtues... that's some Stormfront stuff, right there.

I also don't like it when I hear a white guy with an Asian girlfriend or wife disparage Asian men. It's extremely offensive towards many guys who are dear friends of mine, first of all, and second of all, it's quite stupid when you consider that is the same culture or group that gave them the woman they love, and any son they have with her will be half Asian himself. But, as long as we are going to talk about sympathies that we feel towards unpleasant bigots because of our personal experiences, I can see where some less even-keeled or grounded guys would start to take a negative attitude, based on the plethora of comments like the one we are both responding to from butthurt guys. I got the same stares you talk about with your wife from Asian guys in the US with my ex, and I get the same stares now in China with my fiance. I've had to deal with friends and family of a couple exes saying really nasty things about me simply because I was white, and my fiance's family went scorched-earth with it and said and did some appalling stuff. Because I grew up with friends who were Asian, still have many friends who are Asian, went to majority-Asian schools at different points, etc, I have the experience and insight to blame all Asian men for the crappy behavior that a few exhibit and wouldn't extend the actions of these knuckleheads to my friends, or to the guy sitting next to me on the metro, or the guy in the car next to me who happens to be Asian. That's just dumb.
 
Old 12-02-2015, 06:32 AM
 
Location: downtown
1,826 posts, read 1,246,056 times
Reputation: 408
Its like a PHENOMENON.
 
Old 12-02-2015, 07:25 AM
 
Location: Elysium
6,617 posts, read 3,665,019 times
Reputation: 4605
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Insecure men from any race, ethnicity, or nationality often like to fall back on this argument if seeing a woman from their background makes them feel uncomfortable... "only the ugly ones date white guys," "only the fat ones go for black guys," you can basically change the adjective to any other negative slam and the race to anything else and find a bunch of losers who can't get dates who will agree.

I certainly do know some women here in China who are single moms, divorced, come from "bad" families, etc, who go for foreigners specifically because lots of westerners - though not all, of course - aren't judgmental about these things, while most Chinese men would never consider it, at all, ever. But, the majority of Chinese women I see who go after Western men are actually younger, average-to-pretty, educated, and come from an at least middle class background. Some of them have a serious attraction, and others have fetishized it... but again, it's the same stuff you see anywhere else in the world, between any other groups.

Can't give another point
 
Old 12-02-2015, 08:34 AM
 
2,440 posts, read 1,625,106 times
Reputation: 1416
I don't get all the creepy, white guys obsessing over Asian women, but it's probably because as an Eastern European I must be "racist" hence I can't see it. I mean, I've never noticed Asian women showing interest in anything white...well other than white chocolate...

The whole thing sounds like a conspiracy theory.
 
Old 12-02-2015, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Taipei
6,789 posts, read 5,149,934 times
Reputation: 4596
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I mean, I've never noticed Asian women showing interest in anything white...well other than white chocolate...
Lmao that's funny hahaha.
 
Old 12-02-2015, 09:33 AM
 
2,440 posts, read 1,625,106 times
Reputation: 1416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Lmao that's funny hahaha.
Or...snow - the younger ones -. On more serious note I think even if they had some interest in white guys it must be very old stereotype, maybe from the 80s when Americans went en masse to Japan. Another possibility is just some poorer Asian countries like the Philippines are passport-hunting or status hunting over white/blond men with American passports. The guys who fall for this are probably too dumb to notice it.
 
Old 12-02-2015, 10:00 AM
 
3,340 posts, read 2,091,091 times
Reputation: 2367
just saw Mark Zuckerberg with his Chinese wife in TV announcing that they are going to donate to charity 99% of their wealth
 
Old 12-02-2015, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Taipei
6,789 posts, read 5,149,934 times
Reputation: 4596
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Or...snow - the younger ones -. On more serious note I think even if they had some interest in white guys it must be very old stereotype, maybe from the 80s when Americans went en masse to Japan. Another possibility is just some poorer Asian countries like the Philippines are passport-hunting or status hunting over white/blond men with American passports. The guys who fall for this are probably too dumb to notice it.
There are women who are only interested in White guys, probably a lot of them, for various reasons. What I don't get is why others would care or even get upset over it. It's not like it's any of their business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top