U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 06:46 AM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,249,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That still doesn't mean many Filipinas back home are craving white men. That's simply not true. The ones that move here permanently are not the same, generally speaking, as the ones who prefer to stay home. The majority of the US population is white, and there's only so many Filipinos to go around in the US. I've done A LOT of reading on this subject, and I've come to 2 conclusions. One is that white guys think Asian women have white fever, and Asian women think white guys have yellow fever, pointing fingers at each other and thereby canceling each other out. At the end of the day, the overwhelming majority choose their own group
Out here in California a lot of Filipinas prefer light skin and Caucasian features within their ethnic group(they take pride in letting you know they had a Spanish or Portuguese ancestor) and quite a few do like white guys that has been my experience listening to them talk. I don't know if you have ever watched Filipino TV I have briefly viewed it waiting in line at the local Filipino restaurant before ordering the mestizo look is the epitome of beauty in the Philippines and a lot of people want kids with those features.

Last edited by AFP; 12-03-2015 at 07:11 AM..

Old 12-03-2015, 07:12 AM

6,598 posts, read 3,650,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Out here in California a lot of Filipinas prefer light skin and Caucasian features within their ethnic group(they take pride in letting you know they had a Spanish or Portuguese ancestor) and quite a few do like white guys that has been my experience listening to them talk.
It is commen to most Asians in Asia also as the active thread on the "trend" in China suggest. Lightening skin is a fad in China

For most Filipinos there does seem to be a preference for their exotic. That being more European or East Asian in features versus the Moreno features of the majority. However growing up in a segregated America most Filipinos that I know in interracial relationships are with Black men and my experience would destroy the entire prejudice that they are after "white guys" because of some sort of cultural self hate or racial superiority/ inferiority complex.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:08 AM

3,339 posts, read 2,084,387 times
guys..dating or marrying is a matter of mutual attraction. you may have preference of other races or your own but at the end of the day, is the feeling mutual?

Old 12-03-2015, 10:37 AM
bg7

7,697 posts, read 8,183,133 times
In-breeding within the same race is neither healthy nor biologically desirable in the long run. Mixed race kids are the genetically healthiest.

People who will only date within "their" race have some serious psychological issues going on.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:18 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,200,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Out here in California a lot of Filipinas prefer light skin and Caucasian features within their ethnic group(they take pride in letting you know they had a Spanish or Portuguese ancestor) and quite a few do like white guys that has been my experience listening to them talk. I don't know if you have ever watched Filipino TV I have briefly viewed it waiting in line at the local Filipino restaurant before ordering the mestizo look is the epitome of beauty in the Philippines and a lot of people want kids with those features.
It's the same in Latin America. Yet, nobody is abandoning non-mestizos en masse. Preferences in television don't always cleanly translate into real world preferences. If that was the case, the white guys with brown hair and brown eyes in the US would stand no chance with white women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
guys..dating or marrying is a matter of mutual attraction. you may have preference of other races or your own but at the end of the day, is the feeling mutual?
That's the best question to ask. Oftentimes, I have to question a lot of asian-white relationships. Seems like a very significant chunk enter into one because the woman strongly desired a white baby (never going to happen, guaranteed and these type of women seem to produce the most mentally damaged children according to hapa websites) and the meal ticket brides that would clean your clock in divorce. But I would say the worst relationship would be the race fetish ones, if you plan on having kids. How about just liking someone because they have a nice personality and not for their Baby Blues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
In-breeding within the same race is neither healthy nor biologically desirable in the long run. Mixed race kids are the genetically healthiest.

People who will only date within "their" race have some serious psychological issues going on.
I'm pretty liberal and even I think what you just said was really really silly. So 99.9% of the human race have psychological issues. Ok

Old 12-03-2015, 12:28 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,281,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post

dating within their race is narrow minded, but marrying within the same culture is totally reasonable. You will have so much more fun and less communication problems with someone from the similar cultural background. I think most people who date within the race is because it happens to be the same culture.

Plus, what is race? Europeans and the Arabs are the same race, all Caucasians.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:33 PM
AFP

Quote:
It's the same in Latin America. Yet, nobody is abandoning non-mestizos en masse. Preferences in television don't always cleanly translate into real world preferences. If that was the case, the white guys with brown hair and brown eyes in the US would stand no chance with white women.

That's the best question to ask. Oftentimes, I have to question a lot of asian-white relationships. Seems like a very significant chunk enter into one because the woman strongly desired a white baby (never going to happen, guaranteed and these type of women seem to produce the most mentally damaged children according to hapa websites) and the meal ticket brides that would clean your clock in divorce. But I would say the worst relationship would be the race fetish ones, if you plan on having kids. How about just liking someone because they have a nice personality and not for their Baby Blues?

I'm pretty liberal and even I think what you just said was really really silly. So 99.9% of the human race have psychological issues. Ok

Nope, on latin American TV European features are preferred for the most part whereas Filipinos prefer mestizo features, not the same. Few Europeans settled in the Phillipines and most arrived via Mexico during the colonial era.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:09 PM
AFP

Quote:

I don't think many women obcess about blond hair blue eyes in men you find that more often in Latin American cultures than Southern Europeans actually I think more prefer dark hair some view it as more masculine from what I hear.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:48 PM

135 posts, read 117,204 times
you know what, I wanted to say its impossible to generalize and speak for the whole of this interracial dynamic, but here's the irony:

Asian culture heeds collectivism, much more so than what i've observed in the States. Group think and behavior is encouraged. Individuality and uniqueness is suppressed.

Korea is a great example of this. Being korean myself and having been subjected to hours upon hours of lemming group think and idolatry from family behavior, television waves, and actually visiting the motherland, I can only conclude that they are sheep, where generation after generation produces carbon copies of the aforementioned.

Anytime you see a korean woman raised by korean parents interracially dating anywhere in this world, you can be safe to say they are the very minor exception, as her parents most likely disgusted her growing up. It isn't precise, but roughly right to say that korean woman wanted to deviate from a painful childhood, and if you look at their astrological chart an aquarian influence would be found.

Also, in Korea men are put on a pedestal, with families wishing to birth boys instead of girls. Because of this imbalance the girls grow up with a self-hating mantra they weren't responsible for, rather caused by their society engrained by thousands of years of cultural permanance.

These are my observations, nothing more.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:58 PM

3,339 posts, read 2,084,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City-duck View Post
you know what, I wanted to say its impossible to generalize and speak for the whole of this interracial dynamic, but here's the irony:

Asian culture heeds collectivism, much more so than what i've observed in the States. Group think and behavior is encouraged. Individuality and uniqueness is suppressed.

Korea is a great example of this. Being korean myself and having been subjected to hours upon hours of lemming group think and idolatry from family behavior, television waves, and actually visiting the motherland, I can only conclude that they are sheep, where generation after generation produces carbon copies of the aforementioned.

Anytime you see a korean woman raised by korean parents interracially dating anywhere in this world, you can be safe to say they are the very minor exception, as her parents most likely disgusted her growing up. It isn't precise, but roughly right to say that korean woman wanted to deviate from a painful childhood, and if you look at their astrological chart an aquarian influence would be found.

Also, in Korea men are put on a pedestal, with families wishing to birth boys instead of girls. Because of this imbalance the girls grow up with a self-hating mantra they weren't responsible for, rather caused by their society engrained by thousands of years of cultural permanance.

These are my observations, nothing more.

agree, especially those Asian countries who were not colonized (India the exception)

I know many Northeast Asians who remained single women because they are waiting for their compatriots to date them. if they only opened a little bit to other culture or race, who knows if they are still single or not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or