U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-16-2012, 08:10 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,352,353 times
Reputation: 11862

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
i dont get this at all. most white celebrities are not very attractive. a 10 is a 10 in any country, but in my experience there is a larger proportion of 8s, 9s, 10s on uni campuses in east/southeast asia as opposed to US, mexico, etc.
I have to admit the Chinese don't seem that attractive per capita. Nor the Koreans san surgery. Probably moreso in places like Hong Kong though. SE Asia a bit moreso.

 
Old 09-16-2012, 08:18 PM
 
Location: City of Angels
2,935 posts, read 4,764,328 times
Reputation: 2236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I have to admit the Chinese don't seem that attractive per capita. Nor the Koreans san surgery. Probably moreso in places like Hong Kong though. SE Asia a bit moreso.
true. but theres a higher percentage of 9s in china IMO. if i were to make a top 10 list of hottest girls ive been with, it would be dominated by girls i picked up in china. admittedly mostly working girls in hk, macau, zhuhai, and dongguan.
 
Old 09-16-2012, 08:27 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,352,353 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
true. but theres a higher percentage of 9s in china IMO. if i were to make a top 10 list of hottest girls ive been with, it would be dominated by girls i picked up in china. admittedly mostly working girls in hk, macau, zhuhai, and dongguan.
Oh for sure there are lots of stunning girls in China (I mean sheer population too) and they vary by region. If you like tall girls China is better than the rest of Asia too. I just found in China very few of the women in the street stood out as eye-catchingly beautiful.
 
Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, MD
3,240 posts, read 3,284,589 times
Reputation: 3010
I think its very obvious Asian women prefer white men. Half the Asian girls I went to HS with are married to white guys even though there are no shortage of Asians in the DC area. I only know one Asian guy married to a white woman and she is immensely overweight and has a poor disposition to put it mildly. I would say most white guys prefer white women but some have a very serious Asian fetish lol. A lot of white guys who are kind of average also go for a pretty Asian girl rather than a white woman of his equivalent attractiveness.

If I had to give a reason, it's the reputation of Asian men as nerdy and somewhat less masculine than other men. That's a stereotype but it's pretty true since I would say Asian Americans have more than its share of nerdy guys than other races. More masculine type Asian guys do a lot better although I'm having trouble thinking of one off the top of my head.

#11 Asian Girls « Stuff White People Like
 
Old 09-16-2012, 08:57 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,352,353 times
Reputation: 11862
Asian women on the whole seem a bit less into superficial things (although MANY are) and have more well rounded personalities. They probably give white guys a lot more slack too.
 
Old 09-16-2012, 09:51 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,611 posts, read 19,031,172 times
Reputation: 18918
I'm just going to buck the political correctness and say that there are a lot of Asian women who literally "worshop" White men (or whiteness in general)
 
Old 09-17-2012, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,779 posts, read 13,349,751 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I think its very obvious Asian women prefer white men. Half the Asian girls I went to HS with are married to white guys even though there are no shortage of Asians in the DC area. I only know one Asian guy married to a white woman and she is immensely overweight and has a poor disposition to put it mildly. I would say most white guys prefer white women but some have a very serious Asian fetish lol. A lot of white guys who are kind of average also go for a pretty Asian girl rather than a white woman of his equivalent attractiveness.
Well, I think it's also important to make a distinction between Asian-Americans, and Asians in Asia.

My friend who's Taiwanese-American said that her grandma summed it up well once; my friend's dad was angry that she had only ever dated white guys, and that she didn't really have any Chinese friends. Her grandmother said, "what do you expect? You moved to America, had your daughter here, bought a house in an American neighborhood, sent her to a school with Americans, of course she's going to marry an American."

The last girl I dated was Chinese-American and from El Monte in the San Gabriel Valley. She lived in an entirely-Asian neighborhood, grew up in an entirely-Asian neighborhood, went to a mostly-Asian school... she said that she didn't date a white guy until she moved away for a job in Vegas. People tend to date and marry whoever's available to them.

Quote:
If I had to give a reason, it's the reputation of Asian men as nerdy and somewhat less masculine than other men. That's a stereotype but it's pretty true since I would say Asian Americans have more than its share of nerdy guys than other races. More masculine type Asian guys do a lot better although I'm having trouble thinking of one off the top of my head.
Well, if you go to a predominantly Asian neighborhood - like, anywhere in the SGV, or Koreatown, Chinatown, Westminster, etc etc etc - and go to any of the coffee shops, restaurants, bars, shops, etc., you'll see groups of nerdy Asian dudes hanging out together, or with a nerdy or blah Asian girl, and then you'll see Asian guys who are any combination good looking, jacked, tattooed, confident, and generally "cool" walking around with attractive girls - it's really no different than any predominantly-white area in that sense.

An Asian person, male or female, who grows up in a white area and has white friends and classmates is probably going to end up liking the same music, movies, fashions, food, and generally following the same trends that their friends do. They're going to have the same crushes on the "hot" or "cool" kids, whoever those are; those experiences are going to shape what the ideals they chase over the course of their adult life are.

SWPL is so damn obnoxious.
 
Old 09-17-2012, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,779 posts, read 13,349,751 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I'm just going to buck the political correctness and say that there are a lot of Asian women who literally "worshop" White men (or whiteness in general)
And, there are tons of white people who worship Asian people and culture, too, especially here in the US.
 
Old 09-17-2012, 11:17 AM
 
Location: San Francisco, California
1,953 posts, read 5,202,766 times
Reputation: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
And, there are tons of white people who worship Asian people and culture, too, especially here in the US.
very true, tons of white guys worship asian women and they think they know everything there is to know about asia / asians because they are married to an asian or their girlfriends asian so they think they can say anything they want about them

also lots of white guys that marry asian women are racist against asian people but they say they are married to an asian lady so they are not racist, etc, but they still try to put down asian men as inferior

Ive seen tons of nerdy white guys too, it's not just one group
 
Old 09-17-2012, 11:51 AM
 
Location: North Hollywood
331 posts, read 617,014 times
Reputation: 220
To the OP: What do you mean by "Asian" in the context of Singapore? Chinese? Indian? Malay? British-Indian guy living in the US here...

I know a Chinese Singaporean lady who loves blacks guys...Her ex-husband was a black American guy. She told me that a lot of Chinese women in Singapore prefer non-Chinese men. A lot of them like white guys, but a lot also like Eurasian mixed guys or north-Indian (Punjabi) guys because they are tall and pale skinned. They don't go for south Indians so much because they tend to be shorter and darker.

In my experience a lot of Chinese women go for non-Chinese men if they're around. I used to live in UK and none of the Chinese women I worked with a had a Chinese partner.

I was with a Taiwanese lady yesterday and she told me she would never date a Chinese guy. Her ex's were Mexican, Iran/white mix and Filipino.

I've seen Chinese women go after white guys too - I used to know a blonde Turkish guy in London; one time we went to a nightclub and 3 Chinese women groped him during the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top