Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 05:25 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I think its very obvious Asian women prefer white men. Half the Asian girls I went to HS with are married to white guys

You know though..I wonder why it's only looked at one way? If, as the above posts suggest, it's obvious that Asian women prefer white men, and half the Asian girls the above poster knows are now married to white men...

What does that say about the preference of white men?

Surely one can't say that it's fair if you see a Asian female/White male couple that they are together only because SHE as an Asian has a thing for white guys. I would suppose that white guy has a thing for Asians too, dont ya think? Let's be fair here. I think in these situations people put too much emphasis on the non white people wanting white people.

However, that white person could get another white person if he/she wanted. Whites are hooked up, dating or married all over the USA. Good looking ones, ugly ones, short ones, tall ones, thin ones, fat ones, etc. They are all mainly married to another white person. So, those who arent may just like a different flavor, so to speak.

One may feel Asian women seek out white men, but I have always seen white men drool over asians. As a matter of fact, I always thought there were tons of white men who would love to date an Asian woman, because that is just what I saw. Even when I think black men chase white women, I never really paid attention to just how many white women I see that chase black men, or those that may not chase or ever date one, but secretly check them out, drool over them, etc.

A person cant be with someone if that person did'nt want them there.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:47 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
If I had to give a reason, it's the reputation of Asian men as nerdy and somewhat less masculine than other men. That's a stereotype but it's pretty true since I would say Asian Americans have more than its share of nerdy guys than other races. More masculine type Asian guys do a lot better although I'm having trouble thinking of one off the top of my head.
PhenomenalAJ can't be faulted for his honesty. I read the whole post, but agree with this perception the most. In SoCal, the bigger-framed Japanese-American guy who was an athlete and looked more "Americanized" (haircut, SoCal apparel, flip-flops) usually seemed to do better than the graduate student from Asia in EE at UCLA.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:01 PM

331 posts, read 734,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
[/b]

You know though..I wonder why it's only looked at one way? If, as the above posts suggest, it's obvious that Asian women prefer white men, and half the Asian girls the above poster knows are now married to white men...

What does that say about the preference of white men?

Surely one can't say that it's fair if you see a Asian female/White male couple that they are together only because SHE as an Asian has a thing for white guys. I would suppose that white guy has a thing for Asians too, dont ya think? Let's be fair here. I think in these situations people put too much emphasis on the non white people wanting white people.

However, that white person could get another white person if he/she wanted. Whites are hooked up, dating or married all over the USA. Good looking ones, ugly ones, short ones, tall ones, thin ones, fat ones, etc. They are all mainly married to another white person. So, those who arent may just like a different flavor, so to speak.

One may feel Asian women seek out white men, but I have always seen white men drool over asians. As a matter of fact, I always thought there were tons of white men who would love to date an Asian woman, because that is just what I saw. Even when I think black men chase white women, I never really paid attention to just how many white women I see that chase black men, or those that may not chase or ever date one, but secretly check them out, drool over them, etc.

A person cant be with someone if that person did'nt want them there.
I think it depends on where you are in the world...I grew up in UK and I never heard a white guy say he loved east-Asian women. White women in UK love black guys & lot go for Indian and middle eastern guys too. The Indian guys in UK were almost all born and raised there...they're nothing like the fresh from India types you see in the US.

I never looked twice at east-Asian women when I lived in UK...living in LA for 6 years has made me attracted to them now though, but I still like women of other races.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:21 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,607,320 times
i grew up in socal (orange county and SGV) and hong kong. have always preferred asian women. all my non-asian friends have too. i'm truly scratching my head at this thread. you guys honestly find women of other races more attractive on average? that doesnt even make sense.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:22 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,883,192 times
- Asian women can marry men regardless of race because traditionally, they hold a higher status in society. Why white men? Probably due to higher status in society.

- Some Asian cultures tend to have a slave/old country mentality from their parents where they are suppose to do this or that because their parents said so (keep in mind Asian culture is very family-oriented as well). Also, the daughters and sons are raised somewhat differently by, of course, their parents.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
i grew up in socal (orange county and SGV) and hong kong. have always preferred asian women. all my non-asian friends have too. i'm truly scratching my head at this thread. you guys honestly find women of other races more attractive on average? that doesnt even make sense.
Why? A lot of guys like women who are naturally tall or blue eyed, green eyed, blonde, redhead or curvy (boobs and butt), black skinned, brown skinned etc. You won't get that with east Asian women on the whole.

I visited Hong Kong and the most attractive women I saw were the non-Chinese tourists in Lan Kwai Fong. There were a lot better looking Chinese women across the boarder in Shenzhen, but I guess they were from all over China, and not just Cantonese.

I've been to Thailand and most of the local women did nothing for me.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh56 View Post
- Asian women can marry men regardless of race because traditionally, they hold a higher status in society. Why white men? Probably due to higher status in society.

- Some Asian cultures tend to have a slave/old country mentality from their parents where they are suppose to do this or that because their parents said so (keep in mind Asian culture is very family-oriented as well). Also, the daughters and sons are raised somewhat differently by, of course, their parents.
What kind of Asian are you talking about here? I assume east or SE Asian?

My friend's wife is from a wealthy Thai family - she told me that amongst rich Thais white men have a horrible image (you can probably guess why) and most would be totally against their daughter marrying a white man. He's Indian but raised in Thailand.

On there other hand I've heard there's a lot of successful women in China and Taiwan who are in their 30's who are too old for the local men, and who are after a foreign guy. A Taiwanese lady told me she has a friend over there who's beautiful 5'8", but single cos she's 39...no Taiwanese guy would want her.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:47 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,883,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
What kind of Asian are you talking about here? I assume east or SE Asian?
Pretty much.

Quote:
My friend's wife is from a wealthy Thai family - she told me that amongst rich Thais white men have a horrible image (you can probably guess why) and most would be totally against their daughter marrying a white man. He's Indian but raised in Thailand.
Yep, I'm not surprised the least bit.

Quote:
On there other hand I've heard there's a lot of successful women in China and Taiwan who are in their 30's who are too old for the local men, and who are after a foreign guy. A Taiwanese lady told me she has a friend over there who's beautiful 5'8", but single cos she's 39...no Taiwanese guy would want her.
Adulthood (especially in 30's) is different though. I was referring to what most Asians were taught by their parents during earlier years.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:58 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,607,320 times
Quote:
Why? A lot of guys like women who are naturally tall or blue eyed, green eyed, blonde, redhead or curvy (boobs and butt), black skinned, brown skinned etc. You won't get that with east Asian women on the whole.
your post doesn't make any sense. guys like naturally blonde haired blue eyed black girls? i dont even think they exist.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
your post doesn't make any sense. guys like naturally blonde haired blue eyed black girls? i dont even think they exist.
sorry bad English, I meant either or, for each part of the list...blonde haired or blue eyed or black etc.. I wrote that bit without checking it properly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia