U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2012, 06:13 AM

115 posts, read 172,961 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious to understand the process of how to get all the required paperwork and visas for staying in Korea for an extended period of time.
Perhaps almost a year. I heard quite a few stories (some close to home) about people just up and leaving to stay in a foreign country for a year or more. I heard stories of being accepted into ESL programs, but I don't know about eligibility.
Even if it isn't almost a year, what is the longest amount of time one is to stay without citizenship? With a work visa what are limitations? Are they based on educational status in home country? Also if you don't have a full educational history, are you able to study abroad when the time comes? I understand that the initial fee for an apartment is the most expensive part, or so I've been told.
You have to live there for 5 years at an address in order to gain citizenship, or am I misunderstanding something?
Also, one more thing, once you're there are you still able to apply for ESL programs?
Many, many questions!
I've lived in almost every corner of the U.S. and am ready for a new experience. I believe enrolling in an ESL program would be my best bet, but I haven't had the most skilled educational past. But to my knowledge, they just make you read beginners children books and whatnot.
Answers are appreciated.

And no... I know this will be a problem at least once, I am not choosing there for kpop music or kdramas. I am choosing there because I observed the culture and way of life there. I know that kpop and kdramas are only a drop in the bucket for the culture. I listen to way different music anyway.

thanks
xx
I will hopefully edit if I have left anything out. (even though it never allows me to do so.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 07:36 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,854,418 times
You need to have a better title to begin with.

Look at the embassy sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or