U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2014, 07:06 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,270,768 times
Reputation: 7586

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPKS View Post
50 cents deposited to your account, paid by the CCP.

HK has its own infrastructure (and is an established civilized society with laws and order) before it was returned to China. You are not helping your argument by mispresenting the facts.
yeah, I receive 50 cents from the CCP for every post here, to my account at the Commerce and Imperial Bank of Canada in Toronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2014, 07:09 AM
 
1,011 posts, read 629,670 times
Reputation: 283
Toronto and Vancouver seem to be the new colonies of the Chinese. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
yeah, I receive 50 cents from the CCP for every post here, to my account at the Commerce and Imperial Bank of Canada in Toronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 09:55 AM
 
Location: LONDON BABY
301 posts, read 403,785 times
Reputation: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
Xiamen is very nice. But the living cost is quite high there, especially the housing price.

Generally speaking, Suzhou and Hangzhou are most agreaable cities in CHina as the Chinese saying goes: There is heaven in the sky and there are Suzhou and hangzhou on the ground.

Chengdu is another city that ranks high in terms of livability. Chengdu and Hangzhou are ranked top 2 cities in China for leisure
Are you a 50 center.
You sound remarkably like every other paid Chinese propoganda stooge.
50 cents for every pro china, anti west post you make.

Your political officer is dissapointed in you, you are being outperformed by other 50 centers.

He wants you to turn up the heat, post harder, hate harder, troll harder.

Do it for the glory of china.

You can always see who is a 50 center because they all read from the same script, its the same template over and over. Internet forums are full of them.

Recent estimates suggest there is over 100,000 paid Chinese propaganda "50 centers".

They are all over the internet and in all the popular forums, dishing out their daily dose of propaganda and nationalism.

Last edited by Obi wan spaghetti; 04-29-2014 at 10:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 10:27 AM
 
Location: LONDON BABY
301 posts, read 403,785 times
Reputation: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
HK has a great infrastructure not because of the giving of the brits. but because of its 8 million hardworking chinese residents.

are you going to attribute the prospesity of the USA to its colonization by the British?
If that was true why was British Hong Kong rich and china dirt poor.
While Britain was building a modern world city and financial centre in Hong Kong, china was suffering mass starvation and humiliating collapses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 10:34 AM
 
Location: LONDON BABY
301 posts, read 403,785 times
Reputation: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post

are you going to attribute the prospesity of the USA to its colonization by the British?
YES, of course.

All the anglo countries built by Britain are rich and successful

USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK etc, they are all rich and successfull because they are anglo English speaking countries made by Britain.

Anglo countries are all highly developed and advanced.

Countries created by Britain have succeeded much more than countries colonised by other countries, for example Spanish South America is much less developed than British North America.

The British model of democracy, law, capitalism and free trade, is the most successful model of countries on earth

Last edited by Obi wan spaghetti; 04-29-2014 at 10:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 12:10 PM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,270,768 times
Reputation: 7586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi wan spaghetti View Post
If that was true why was British Hong Kong rich and china dirt poor.
While Britain was building a modern world city and financial centre in Hong Kong, china was suffering mass starvation and humiliating collapses
Maybe because HK has 6M while China has 1.3B? Do you think HK is highly developed irrespective of China?

I doubt you have ever been to China judging from your dismissive tone typical of westerners who seldom travel outside their comfort zone.

Go to some nice cities such as Shanghai, Nanjing, Suzhou and Hangzhou and come back and say China is "dirt poor". These two cities alone have 60 million people, comparable to the UK and France. Manchester and Philadelphia would look backward in comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 12:16 PM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,270,768 times
Reputation: 7586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi wan spaghetti View Post
YES, of course.

All the anglo countries built by Britain are rich and successful

USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK etc, they are all rich and successfull because they are anglo English speaking countries made by Britain.

Anglo countries are all highly developed and advanced.

Countries created by Britain have succeeded much more than countries colonised by other countries, for example Spanish South America is much less developed than British North America.

The British model of democracy, law, capitalism and free trade, is the most successful model of countries on earth
yep, although you conveniently forgot India, Bangladesh, Burma, Kenya, Gambia among others.

File:The British Empire.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and you also forgot US, Canada etc are all new countries with small population and abundant resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 12:20 PM
 
Location: LONDON BABY
301 posts, read 403,785 times
Reputation: 276
I've been to shanghai twice, its full of British colonial architecture as it was a British controlled port for so long
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 12:22 PM
 
Location: LONDON BABY
301 posts, read 403,785 times
Reputation: 276
Shanghai is an ocean of cheap concrete "commie blocks", it looks very poor and run down. There are beggars and donkeys and chickens walking the streets, I saw it with my own eyes.

The only attractive parts of shanghai is the British colonial streets, houses and shops. The rest is literally a concrete ocean covered with thousands of commieblocks, that would never be allowed in the developed cities of the west.

I did see a few nice western designed skyscrapers, but they too are made with cheap materials, cladding and glass.

It's surreal seeing skyscrapers with chickens and peasants walking around among them.

Last edited by Obi wan spaghetti; 04-29-2014 at 01:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2014, 12:31 PM
 
Location: LONDON BABY
301 posts, read 403,785 times
Reputation: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
yep, although you conveniently forgot India, Bangladesh, Burma, Kenya, Gambia among others.

File:The British Empire.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and you also forgot US, Canada etc are all new countries with small population and abundant resources.
Don't you know the difference between British created countries and British colonised countries.

Countries that Britain built and populated with its own people, like USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, are all rich. Countries that were just colonised by Britain but still full of millions of poor natives, like India and Africa, were too poor for Britain to help them.

South Africa is richer than the rest of Africa because Britain populated it with millions of anglo British people.

Nigeria is poor because Britain did not populate it with Anglos, it was just a British colony, not a British creation. All British created countries are rich.

Last edited by Obi wan spaghetti; 04-29-2014 at 01:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top