U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2015, 09:40 AM
 
1,424 posts, read 740,029 times
Reputation: 508

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
So all Thais would move to the temperate zone if they had a choice because Asians don't like the tropics? That doesn't make any sense.
As I said, they cannot choose. Climate is not everything in our life either. Many people live in cities they do not like, for many reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2015, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Fort Collins, USA
1,477 posts, read 2,380,521 times
Reputation: 1819
But why do you assume they would make the same choice you do? As for where people like to travel I think it depends - some people like to go to places very different from where they live while some like destinations that are more similar to their own.

Because much of southeast Asia has been closed to tourists until recently, Thailand has been the first choice for a lot of visitors to the region. For me, it (along with Malaysia) was in that sweet-spot where a very different culture intersected with relative ease of travel. And I had no interest in sex-tourism (my wife was with me and would have killed me in any case). Now that most of the other countries in that region are open, I'm planning another visit to mainland SE Asia that focuses on the countries we missed the first time. I don't think we'll have much time for beaches but if we can, we will squeeze one in (I live 2000 km from the nearest ocean so I like to go when I can get a chance). Like many Westerners (but certainly not all that I know), I do like the sun and heat, and whether or not my skin gets darker from sun exposure is a non-issue.

Last edited by xeric; 08-24-2015 at 02:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2015, 05:29 PM
 
1,424 posts, read 740,029 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
But why do you assume they would make the same choice you do? As for where people like to travel I think it depends - some people like to go to places very different from where they live while some like destinations that are more similar to their own.

Because much of southeast Asia has been closed to tourists until recently, Thailand has been the first choice for a lot of visitors to the region. For me, it (along with Malaysia) was in that sweet-spot where a very different culture intersected with relative ease of travel. And I had no interest in sex-tourism (my wife was with me and would have killed me in any case). Now that most of the other countries in that region are open, I'm planning another visit to mainland SE Asia that focuses on the countries we missed the first time. I don't think we'll have much time for beaches but if we can, we will squeeze one in (I live 2000 km from the nearest ocean so I like to go when I can get a chance). Like many Westerners (but certainly not all that I know), I do like the sun and heat, and whether or not my skin gets darker from sun exposure is a non-issue.
I just said, westerners like to visit tropical places but Asians (who are not in tropical places) are less willing to do so.
Asians are less interested in beach too, on average. Asians avoid sunshine.

It applies to Thailand, and maybe some places in Latin America too.
However, I should point out Thailand has a rich culture too, so there are many things for people over the world to enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2015, 06:05 PM
 
Location: San Diego CA
4,930 posts, read 3,420,083 times
Reputation: 7917
Well. It's all because of the beaches, scenery and food. Right? Well maybe not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2015, 08:37 AM
 
Location: No. Virginia, USA
329 posts, read 478,229 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Well. It's all because of the beaches, scenery and food. Right? Well maybe not.
You forgot the temples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 01:18 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,030,295 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
I just said, westerners like to visit tropical places but Asians (who are not in tropical places) are less willing to do so.
Asians are less interested in beach too, on average. Asians avoid sunshine.

It applies to Thailand, and maybe some places in Latin America too.
However, I should point out Thailand has a rich culture too, so there are many things for people over the world to enjoy.
Tons of Koreans vacation in the Philippines, about 1 million a year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 03:59 AM
 
15 posts, read 25,049 times
Reputation: 17
1000 Baht is low for an overnight date. You may got the figure wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieGermany View Post
They feed the whole family with the 1000 Baht they get for a overnight date. ( But i heard that depends on the area - Pattaya would be cheaper as Phuket) I am not against prostitution as long as the girls do it for themselves and not for a pimp. Most men i saw with thai women would not have ANY chance to get a women in "real life" ( for example in Germany).

And it is not very difficult to find a match for the night as a single man in Thailand. Just walk down the street in the "well known" areas like Patong. Question is like : How many tonight - do i take 1 or 2 or 3?
Probably mistaken Taiwan for the Phillippines. Taiwan is not a poor country.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Like Japanese men like to go to Taiwan for sex.



Last edited by Rogerthatre; 08-26-2015 at 04:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 06:25 AM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,440 posts, read 12,476,380 times
Reputation: 4865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerthatre View Post
1000 Baht is low for an overnight date. You may got the figure wrong.
Possibly but the girl won't look like an 8+, i think the average price in Thailand to let a lady sleep with you for the the entire night is 2200 baht. If you want to take a lady out for just 1 quick session then 1000 baht will do the job. If your old and fat or Japanese the ladies tend to charge more.

Of all the tourist area's Pattaya is the least expensive for this and the largest islands in the South (Phuket and Samui) the most expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 11:02 AM
 
1,424 posts, read 740,029 times
Reputation: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Tons of Koreans vacation in the Philippines, about 1 million a year
Tones of Americans vacation in the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil... Things are all relative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Asia
2,761 posts, read 1,109,526 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerthatre View Post


Probably mistaken Taiwan for the Phillippines. Taiwan is not a poor country.
No. There are many Japanese sex tourists in Taiwan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top