Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 03:59 PM

681 posts, read 1,671,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'll be diving, hanging out in the north, spending some time in a hilltribe village where I have friends.
Seeing family and friends.
Go to my doctor and dentist.
Might pop over to Burma for a few days.

I don't think 6 weeks is enough time.
That's cool! I'm wishing you a fantastic time there!

I love Thailand and envision myself spending at least 4-5 months there at a time when I am retired, just like my parents do. But I do easily get homesick and want to come back to the USA....In my heart the US is my primary home, Thailand is secondary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
I know many Scandinavians visiting Thailand. They love their service and beautiful beaches.
I've run into many retirement aged European men there who live there full time and speak Thai fluently...to my amazement and shock..

Old 10-21-2012, 05:44 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Default Excuse me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chad View Post
Unfortunately, I also blame Thai society for letting this happen. The children that are being sold into sex are often from poor, uneducated families out in the provinces. Imagine a mother and father so poor that they tell their daughter to go into town I.e. Bangkok to sell herself so that she can send money home to support the family? It's a sad situation... And when you're so poor and desperate these kids, instead of being told to go to school to get an education, are being sent out to sell their bodies to horny 50+ year old European men who don't get enough sex at home from their wives.

Other than that I do think that bangkok is a great, busy and bustling, exotic city. I can only stay there and hang out so long, but prefer life out in the provinces where everything and everyone is more laid back.
horny men, regardless of their age or their country of origin, who travel to Thailand to have sex with children are not there because their wives are not providing them with enough sex at home. But rather (and according to Wikipedia) they suffer a psychiatric disorder...Pedophilia.

We frequently refer to them as MONSTERS nonetheless!

Old 10-22-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
horny men, regardless of their age or their country of origin, who travel to Thailand to have sex with children are not there because their wives are not providing them with enough sex at home. But rather (and according to Wikipedia) they suffer a psychiatric disorder...Pedophilia.

We frequently refer to them as MONSTERS nonetheless!
I agree with you on this!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:49 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,605,540 times
i don't. i find such statements to be highly offensive. thailand is not a destination country for pedophiles, and even if a few do come, thailand has stricter laws and enforcement on this sort of things than most countries. these western do-gooder scumbags who like to perpetuate this myth should get their own houses in order. i mean most of the ppl on this forum who are spreading this nonsense are from the US for G-ds sake! the US of all places. jeez, look i the mirror.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:09 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
can't believe this thread is still talking about that...can you guys change the subject? how about discussing the food and historical landmarks?...geez

Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
can't believe this thread is still talking about that...can you guys change the subject? how about discussing the food and historical landmarks?...geez
Why don't you take the lead and initiate the change of subject?

Old 10-22-2012, 11:02 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chad View Post
That's cool! I'm wishing you a fantastic time there!

I love Thailand and envision myself spending at least 4-5 months there at a time when I am retired, just like my parents do. But I do easily get homesick and want to come back to the USA....In my heart the US is my primary home, Thailand is secondary.
Funny, I don't like the US very much at all.
I'm never comfortable when I have to live there, I never quite acclimate.
I need more than guns and gods in my life.

I prefer Thai culture and plan on living there.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Funny, I don't like the US very much at all.
I'm never comfortable when I have to live there, I never quite acclimate.
I need more than guns and gods in my life.

I prefer Thai culture and plan on living there.
Are you Thai or of Asian descent by any chance? Just curious

What do you mean by "I need more guns and gods in my life" ?

Old 10-23-2012, 11:08 AM

12 posts, read 15,429 times
Thailand is a one of the most beautiful country in the world.its natural beauty is so attractive.Bankok is the capital of Thailand and it is a great tourist city in thailand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia