U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 AM

136 posts, read 182,620 times

Advertisements

Also, why so many Western men go to Thailand to have sex?

Why, why, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 AM

376 posts, read 555,347 times
Default Thailand is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by videojob8 View Post

Why, why, why?

Thai people are the world's friendliest. You don't have to go there for sex to have a great and relaxing time.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 AM

111 posts, read 240,865 times
Not only in Thailand but also in the Philippines. I read somewhere that a large percentage of Americans going to the Philippines, came only for sex.
Philippines and Thailand do not have very strict laws towards prostitution. Pedophiles can have sex with 12 or 13 years old very easily.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:25 PM

1,953 posts, read 5,202,766 times
they also go there for the "lady boys"

I saw a documentary about a US doctor that often traveled to Thailand to have sex with small children, he was dead serious about it to and the kids were under 10 years old

child molesters and perverts must love it over there

Old 10-03-2012, 05:25 PM

681 posts, read 1,394,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videojob8 View Post

Why, why, why?

Because it is cheap. At the same time there is a high risk of contracting HIV. Play at your own risk.

I heard that the prostitutes in India are even cheaper.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,352,353 times
It's not all sex tourism...

I'd say because of the beaches, hospitality of the people, culture, the fact that until recently it was impossible to visit Vietnam or Myanmar. Malaysia is also quite popular.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,041,157 times
I have been to Bangkok, but believe that it is overrated. Nothing against the Thai people, they are generally friendly and kind. As a tourist, there is only one reason that I can think of why male tourists would go there.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,352,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
I have been to Bangkok, but believe that it is overrated. Nothing against the Thai people, they are generally friendly and kind. As a tourist, there is only one reason that I can think of why male tourists would go there.
The majority of travellers both male and female who go to Bangkok do not go in for the sex tourism. Bangkok isn't that great, the temples are kind of cool from an architectural standpoint, the food is good, but that's about it. Not that interested in shopping.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:05 PM

15,943 posts, read 36,144,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
Not only in Thailand but also in the Philippines. I read somewhere that a large percentage of Americans going to the Philippines, came only for sex.
Philippines and Thailand do not have very strict laws towards prostitution. Pedophiles can have sex with 12 or 13 years old very easily.
Actually, they have extremely tough laws for pedophiles. Most western countries have laws that can extradite pedophiles back to face prosecution.

I.E. The famous 'Gary Glitter' case....English Rock Star who was a pedophile in Cambodia. There was another while I was teaching in Korea. Some Canadian pedophile who was briefly teaching in Korea, but was posting photos online about his Thailand 'boys'. Interpol (International Police) did a quick international manhunt and he's sitting in a Canadian prison.

In short, pedophiles aren't tolerated whatsoever, anywhere. Not saying they don't try, you can look at any country anywhere, and find people getting busted for it. But they are being busted for it.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 PM

15,943 posts, read 36,144,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Your post is kind of the equivelant to, 'there is nothing to do in New York but score some coke and find a hooker'. Maybe for SOME, but most don't go to NYC for that purpose.

For 'backback travelers' or 'tourists', you'll see milllions of western FAMILIES (with their little kids), western WOMEN (traveling solo or with friends), and western men as well....all traveling around in Asia....either long-term or short-term. If a person is interested in travel, Thailand has an extremely rich culture, at a low price, with a ton of other countries all around it to visit and backpack as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia