Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 08:26 PM

2,226 posts, read 3,856,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBirdOTP View Post
BTW - Have a MosBurger for me, please
Oh, that's another good one. I feel like MosBurger could have success in America.

I wish I could help about Bangkok. I hear it has some of the best street food in the world. Other than that, I don't have any tips. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 04:17 PM

506 posts, read 1,956,574 times
Japanese and PGM-- you guys are amazing! Thank you so much for the sheer wealth of information. This is incredible! Reps. I will definitely scour through that list and plan an itinerary around that.

PGM-- We will be there a full Sunday and full Monday (landing Sat night, leaving Tues AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBirdOTP View Post
Seems the OP has received great information in regards to Japan. Two days in Tokyo is not a whole lot, but pgm123 provided some great info. I might add Ikebukuro to the list.

In regards to Bangkok, really as long as you are in the vicinity of the BTS skytrain, you can make your way around the city fairly easily. I prefer the wiregrass region within Bangkok, but thats primarily due to loving the Conrad and its proximity to the BTS. Also, outside of various cultural locations, check out the SIAM Paragon if you are into shopping (right off the BTS as well). It's a great mall / plaza. My 2c...

BTW - Have a MosBurger for me, please
Thank you! I will certainly have a MosBurger. Any other tips around food are appreciated!

Also-- anyone know about bag storage? If we do head to the islands for a couple days in Thailand, is there somewhere we can store bags, or are we better packing in a way we can lug it all around?

Sorry for the late reply guys, I didn't disappear... weathering Sandy here on the NE and hadn't been on too much in the past few days!

Old 10-29-2012, 05:28 PM

2,226 posts, read 3,856,695 times
I think Sunday is a good day to go to Harajuku, then. You should walk around the Meiji temple while there.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:33 PM

223 posts, read 514,796 times
Nantra Hotels Group
I stayed at their Sukhumvit location last month. Very nice for the price. Can't get much closer to the action than this.
Less than 30 per night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia