U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 10:17 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,324,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejarano View Post
How would you know about China? I saw with my own eyes, a middle aged African American
having it away with model like women half his age. Lot's of people on here try to qualify their
opinions as fact when they have never left the states, or haven't lived in China, if they did
they would know colour isn't the drawback that it is in Korea.
highly doubt they were models

i suggest you read up on chinasmack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 PM

188 posts, read 449,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
highly doubt they were models

i suggest you read up on chinasmack
So Chinasmack is your source!

Yes, the girls were very nice looking.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Chinese women like black men as a whole as told by black men who travel to China.

Filipino women are cool with black men as a whole.

No Asian women are as racist as Korean women.
your very gullible if you believe this

just saying....

this video explains it...both the korean national and the filipina national agreed that black people are scary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eR2GlDgmjc

Old 11-26-2012, 11:07 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,998,915 times
Quote:
lol I dont think comedic roles were you are the butt of jokes is something good

again american influence is pretty much centered around the capital, Manila

Spanish influence in Philippines is much stronger...and you know how racist latin countries can be,,,,

Manila is the least racist place in the Philippines.....but Philippines as a country can be very xenophobic(towards blacks, indians, arabs)

Japan is only xenophobic against other asians....but you will get royal treatment if your non-asian from what I have seen
You don't think Filipinos genuinely respect and love celebrities like Elizabeth Ramsey, Jaya, APL, and Mau Marcelo (first Philippine Idol, back when she was actually famous)? I think they do. What you say probably applies to "celebs" like Blakdyak and Whitney Tyson, I don't think anyone takes them seriously because they only do ridiculous comedy roles

Old 11-26-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
You don't think Filipinos genuinely respect and love celebrities like Elizabeth Ramsey, Jaya, APL, and Mau Marcelo (first Philippine Idol, back when she was actually famous)? I think they do. What you say probably applies to "celebs" like Blakdyak and Whitney Tyson, I don't think anyone takes them seriously because they only do ridiculous comedy roles
I think only Apl and Jaya get respect as artists....the rest no one cares about or butt of jokes

Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,998,915 times
Quote:
I think only Apl and Jaya get respect as artists....the rest no one cares about or butt of jokes
Nah, I think Elizabeth Ramsey is just as respected as someone like Pilita Corrales, who is Spanish, even though she was originally just a joke. And Mau Marcelo was respected enough to become the first Philippines Idol. I forgot Wilma Doesnt. I don't think she's treated any differently for being black. I mean she's a model, so I don't think she's looked at as a joke. Point is, the Philippines has a lot of black celebrities for a Southeast Asian country

Also, as far as I know, it's the only country that has a huge procession for a Black Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGbucjxMSQA

Last edited by Smtchll; 11-26-2012 at 11:36 PM..

Old 11-27-2012, 12:33 AM

376 posts, read 555,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejarano View Post
How would you know about China? I saw with my own eyes, a middle aged African American
having it away with model like women half his age. Lot's of people on here try to qualify their
opinions as fact when they have never left the states, or haven't lived in China, if they did
they would know colour isn't the drawback that it is in Korea.
I worked in Seoul Korea and Shanghai & Beijing in China. It just seems like the Chinese ladies prefer Western men from talking with them. I'm not sure about blacks cause I'm white but it seemed to me that the black guys I saw often had Chinese gf's.

Korea is a very different story. If you go back in history, The Japanese took over 100,000 girls to Japan as "comfort women." There is a a great deal of shame and below surface anger in Korea about this. They also see American men from the military come in and have Korean gf's and then leave them sometimes pregnant. The other thing so important in Korea is status. The girls there are very conscious about rank, status, education, income, etc to decide who they will date. Their goal is to marry well before 30 yoa. Most western men I knew there had Korean gf's often they were secret and their families didn't know about it. Just remember that Koreans are like "The Borg" from Next Generation...they do everything together and at the same time and no one wants to be different than "the collective."

Old 11-27-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Nah, I think Elizabeth Ramsey is just as respected as someone like Pilita Corrales, who is Spanish, even though she was originally just a joke. And Mau Marcelo was respected enough to become the first Philippines Idol. I forgot Wilma Doesnt. I don't think she's treated any differently for being black. I mean she's a model, so I don't think she's looked at as a joke. Point is, the Philippines has a lot of black celebrities for a Southeast Asian country

Also, as far as I know, it's the only country that has a huge procession for a Black Jesus

Feast of Black Nazarene - January 09, 2012 - YouTube
again they arent big....and they have more going against them then other celebs
I think your out of touch with Philippines as a whole....Manila is more tolerant...but Philippines as a whole is very prejudice

dont try to corrupt the true reason why its venerated...

he Black Nazarene, known to devotees in Spanish as Nuestro Padre Jesús Nazareno (Filipino: Mahal na Itim na Nazareno; English: "Our Father Jesus [the] Nazarene") is a life-sized, dark wooden sculpture of Jesus Christ carrying the cross, believed to be miraculous by many Filipino Catholics.
Originally with fair complexion, it turned dark after it survived a burning ship on its arrival from Mexico. The image is currently in the Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila, Philippines, where it is venerated weekly with Friday Novena Masses.

The religious veneration of the Black Nazarene is rooted among Filipinos who identify themselves with the Passion of Jesus Christ. Many devotees of the Black Nazarene relate their poverty and daily struggles to the wounds and tribulations experienced by Jesus, as represented by the image. Although the patron saint of the basilica itself is Saint John the Baptist, the Black Nazarene overwhelms it due to mass appeal. Devotees also pay homage by clapping their hands at the end of each mass offered at the shrine.
Every Friday of the year is locally known as Quiapo Day, and is dedicated to the Black Nazarene, with the novena being held not only in the basilica but in other churches nationwide. Similar to Baclaran Day, many public transportation associate this term with an increase of traffic due to visiting devotees.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:19 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,001,887 times
Quote:
your very gullible if you believe this

just saying....

this video explains it...both the korean national and the filipina national agreed that black people are scary

A Korean Interviews A Filipina (Part 1 of 1) - YouTube
Strange, I'm black and I've had no problem dating filipino women.

That's just a video and is more accurate of Korean women, not Filipino women.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Strange, I'm black and I've had no problem dating filipino women.

That's just a video and is more accurate of Korean women, not Filipino women.
again filipina-american women are more americanized and dont have a problem with it

while filipina women from the Philippines have a much higher disdain for black men

that is accurate for both korean nationals and filipina nationals

the woman in the video is more of a accurate protrayal of filipinas from the Philippines

according to asian-nation survey

filipino-american women dated/married black 2.6%....that number would be even less in the Philippines
the only number that is striking is filipina-americans dated/married white men 27%
this was taken from a sample count of 608 people

Women
Filipino 61.6
Other Asian 2.6
White 27.0
Black 2.6
Hispanic/Latino 3.7
Multiracial & All Others 2.6
Population Size (x1000) 608.7

Last edited by ejay1; 11-27-2012 at 08:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or