Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:19 AM

987 posts, read 1,379,656 times

Advertisements

Black, white, brown, orange or purple doesn't make me no mind! It's all about the woman in the eyes of the beholder and if she will accept you in every way, then you are the lucky one! Who cares about statistics, the in-laws or anyone else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 12:07 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,979,616 times
cultural upbringing also plays into it...

Old 11-27-2012, 10:35 PM

16,284 posts, read 42,954,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
I would think spanish mixed people would be more open to interracial mixing especially with europeans...so that knocks them out of the picture

chinese in the Philippines only seem to date/marry chinese

by stereotypical asian I meant filipinas who could pass for east asian(light skin, asian eyes, black hair) but are not necessarily mixed...I guess the correct term would be austronesian types
That's interesting, the interpretation of steretypical Filipina.

I usually think that stereotypical would be the ones without the obvious chinese blood mixed in. Many, many, many Fiipinos have chinese blood mixed into their bloodlines. But it tends to make them more lighter-skinned, more asian eyes, etc).

I guess that would imply that the 'stereotypical Filipina' look are the ones that are mixed Chinese?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Thank to all whom posted such great comments.

However, I'm still shocked that South Asian women tend to shy away from African-American/black males. Anyway, to each his own.
South Asian - meaning Indian, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, etc.

I think it's 100% cultural thing. An African-American/Black male might be similar skin colors (South Asians can be so dark, to almost look black). However, the culture is completely different.

I think 'culture' is what dominates who they marry well-beyond 'skin color'.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
There is racism towards blacks in almost every East Asian/SE Asian country, but I don't think the Philippines is any worse in than the others in that regard. In fact it's probably better because it's so American influenced. I mean there are a few black celebrities (mostly very minor roles) in the Philippines, not sure how common that it is in other Asian countries
Plus Filipinos absolutely love, love, love the NBA and basketball.

The standard 'Filipino attire' seems to be the basketball jersey.

Dennis Rodman's Dad permanantly retired to the Philippines, and when I heard the news, it just 'fit' perfectly. It didn't strike me as odd, but as perfect.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
lol I dont think comedic roles were you are the butt of jokes is something good

again american influence is pretty much centered around the capital, Manila

Spanish influence in Philippines is much stronger...and you know how racist latin countries can be,,,,

Manila is the least racist place in the Philippines.....but Philippines as a country can be very xenophobic(towards blacks, indians, arabs)

Japan is only xenophobic against other asians....but you will get royal treatment if your non-asian from what I have seen
I think most of what you're thinking is just pure speculation without any direct experience. Which is understandable, but not necessary accurate.

I also don't think Philippines is 'very xenophobic' about blacks, indians, arabs. I've spent a lot of time in the Philippines, and it seems more welcoming than most other Asian countries in that regard. Korea is significantly worse. In the Philippines, you'll see tons and tons of 'those people' who own businesses and shops and everything else. You don't see that in Korea at all. Mindinao is also Muslim, and the Arabic people who go there to live, start a business, etc. are highly sought after. They are seen as extremely wealthy, plus share the same religion in those parts.

Japan and xenophobic. This taps into a pet peeve of mine, as I've spent so much time in Japan, Korea, and Asia. But I've regularly found Japan to be MUCH LESS xenophobic than people's stereotypes of Japan. By direct experience, I've found other countries like Vietnam, Korea, China, to be much more xenophobic. I've found Japan to be one of the least xenophobic. Japan isn't perfect, but in the xenophobic scale of things, it's much, much, much less xenophobic than it's neighbors.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:54 PM

3,643 posts, read 10,688,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
That's interesting, the interpretation of steretypical Filipina.

I usually think that stereotypical would be the ones without the obvious chinese blood mixed in. Many, many, many Fiipinos have chinese blood mixed into their bloodlines. But it tends to make them more lighter-skinned, more asian eyes, etc).

I guess that would imply that the 'stereotypical Filipina' look are the ones that are mixed Chinese?
The stereotypical Filipino is definitely not mixed Chinese-looking, this guy just prefers that type and tries to convince others that most Filipinos look East Asian. He also seems to have a problem with blacks because I remember him saying something about Negrito Filipinos as being inferior. I think that's why he's trying to make it seem like Filipinos & blacks have bad relations, even though they aren't really that bad.

This black guy seemed to love the Philippines and the family that he stayed with considered him family. I think if he were mistreated and discriminated against, then he wouldn't have left with such a positive view of the Philippines. And notice how a lot of people in the background don't even pay him any mind, even though he's a tall black man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_Ht_19N8Uw

Old 11-27-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
The stereotypical Filipino is definitely not mixed Chinese-looking, this guy just prefers that type and tries to convince others that most Filipinos look East Asian.
I agree!

As a general observation, I've also noticed that when I look at youtube clips in regards to the 'Filipina look', they seem to generally show an overwhelmingly large array of photos of a very mixed European look or a very mixed Chinese look.

Most Filipinos have a very Filipino-Filipino look, not a mixed one. Not that there isn't a lot of mixed Filipinos, but the non-mixed look would be much more common and typical.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
The stereotypical Filipino is definitely not mixed Chinese-looking, this guy just prefers that type and tries to convince others that most Filipinos look East Asian. He also seems to have a problem with blacks because I remember him saying something about Negrito Filipinos as being inferior. I think that's why he's trying to make it seem like Filipinos & blacks have bad relations, even though they aren't really that bad.

This black guy seemed to love the Philippines and the family that he stayed with considered him family. I think if he were mistreated and discriminated against, then he wouldn't have left with such a positive view of the Philippines. And notice how a lot of people in the background don't even pay him any mind, even though he's a tall black man.

Toughest Place to be a Bus Driver - YouTube
I didnt say the stereotypical filipino is mixed chinese looking....Im saying the ones who look more stereotypical asian are more likely to not marry outside their race

the stereotypical filipino is the manilaeno....who is black looking due to heavy negrito admixture t..from what I see negrito type manileno women love dating black men....the closer to manila you get the more negrid in features the people become

Last edited by ejay1; 11-28-2012 at 05:05 AM..

Old 11-28-2012, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I agree!

As a general observation, I've also noticed that when I look at youtube clips in regards to the 'Filipina look', they seem to generally show an overwhelmingly large array of photos of a very mixed European look or a very mixed Chinese look.

Most Filipinos have a very Filipino-Filipino look, not a mixed one. Not that there isn't a lot of mixed Filipinos, but the non-mixed look would be much more common and typical.
there are non-mixed asiatic looking filipinos

people seem to forget that urban poor folks are mixed with negrito....a pure austronesian filipino would look closer to southern chinese
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia