Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 04:33 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,995,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
And somehow they look like the women that you post pictures of all the time? Yeah, not at all
well for the ones who dont look like the women I post....they would at least look SEAsian(indo-china)...and dont look like the negrito hybrids from manila/southern luzon

again on average tagalogs look like australian aboriginals....visayans look mainland SEA....and northern luzon have a southern chinese look to them...thats the way it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 05:07 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
well for the ones who dont look like the women I post....they would at least look SEAsian(indo-china)...and dont look like the negrito hybrids from manila/southern luzon

again on average tagalogs look like australian aboriginals....visayans look mainland SEA....and northern luzon have a southern chinese look to them...thats the way it is.
The majority of the Philippines looks the same as same Thai or Southern Vietnamese. The next largest population looks more Micronesian, but they're not concentrated in one area, they're spread all over. Many times they're in the same families as people who look more Mongoloid. I agree that in North Luzon you'll see a lot of people who look Southern Chinese. It's one of the places in the Philippines where people noticeably look distinct

Old 12-02-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
The majority of the Philippines looks the same as same Thai or Southern Vietnamese. The next largest population looks more Micronesian, but they're not concentrated in one area, they're spread all over. Many times they're in the same families as people who look more Mongoloid. I agree that in North Luzon you'll see a lot of people who look Southern Chinese. It's one of the places in the Philippines where people noticeably look distinct

again thats for people outside of the metro-manila and southern luzon

southern luzon/manila people look like negrito hybrids/east timorese/ psuedo australian aboriginal/non-asian

Old 12-02-2012, 05:41 PM

115 posts, read 174,511 times
Wow, this thread is more racist than I imagined it to be. Good job, folks! Thanks for the entertainment.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:01 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Have you been to Saigon? Some look more Austronesian but definitely like other Viets, more East Asian. The ones that look Malay are likely Cham. In northern VN you could be in Southern China.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Have you been to Saigon? Some look more Austronesian but definitely like other Viets, more East Asian. The ones that look Malay are likely Cham. In northern VN you could be in Southern China.
this vietnamese woman doesnt look chinese IMO...just looks like a light skinned mainland SEAsian to me

Old 12-03-2012, 12:07 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
this vietnamese woman doesnt look chinese IMO...just looks like a light skinned mainland SEAsian to me
Vietnamese probably has one of the biggest mixed Chinese ancestory around. It's probably one of the least likely places to separate a chinese identity out of the people. It's just too Chinese ingrained and too Chinese mixed in already. Confucianism is equally huge in Vietnam as well.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Vietnamese probably has one of the biggest mixed Chinese ancestory around. It's probably one of the least likely places to separate a chinese identity out of the people. It's just too Chinese ingrained and too Chinese mixed in already. Confucianism is equally huge in Vietnam as well.
actually most ethnic kihn are not chinese hybrids...some are....maybe in the north

such looks can be found even in other SEAsian countries as well

this filipina from visayas looks vietnamese imo

Last edited by ejay1; 12-03-2012 at 12:40 AM..

Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
I see countless southern Chinese people who look like this, many people mistake my sister for Filipino though even though that type of look is found in Hanoi, I've never seen it in Beijing. The original Viets come from northern Vietnam and Southern China. They also endured numerous Chinese invasions.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Depends how you mean. If you mean many Viets were similar to the people that became the Han you are correct. In most cases the Hoa are recognised by name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia