Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:16 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,484,669 times

Advertisements

This pretty much will answer this type of question and more.

Asian Americans | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

Japanese are #1 in this category, and I believe Filipinos are #2.

Granted this is Asian Americans, but it can correlate well into Asians in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 11:20 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,499,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejarano View Post
Nowhere near as bad as the Koreans.
I am married to a Korean, its was a challenge and very different that is for sure.

When my wife first told her family she was engaged to be married to a white aussie. They slammed the phone down and refused to talk to her.

Alll is good now however

Old 11-26-2012, 12:08 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
The following thread was patterned after the one titled,"Are women in Latin America much less race conscious when dating?, in the Americas forum.

In general, are women on the Asian continent more or less race conscious when dating interracially then peoples (non-black persons) of not only of North America but South America too? Are they more or less likely to date and/or marry an African-American male? To those whom are African-American/Black and male, how are your experiences with women in Asia? Also, which Asian nationalities are more or less likely to interracially date?
I think it really really really depends on each individual family.

Some Asian families, almost completely prohibit dating outside of their culture - Indian, Korean, etc. Others seem to be a little more open to it.

Filipinos, for example, seem to have little issues dating outside of Filipino ethnicity. They'll marry whites, blacks, koreans, japanese, seemingly well before they'd marry their own.

Japanese, in my experience, seem to be more open to marrying outside of Japanese, than their counterparts in Korea, for example. Koreans can be very nationalistic and xenophobic when it comes to marrying outside of Korea. (An exception for older Korean males marrying southeast asian women though).

I'm assuming your a black guy, so you are most interested in best places for black men. I'd say Philippines, Indonesia, Japan, Thailand.

If you are a black guy, you'll probably get a lot of resistance from Koreans, probably Vietnamese as well. You can also forget about India/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh/Pakistanetc. over in South Asia.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
In Japan, girls are often found dating foreign men and these men are called "handbag boyfriends." That's because as the name implies, the men are there as a status symbol and a "different experience."

Of course the same can be said in many places. Most places, whether they are white, black, asian, hispanic, etc. they will date outside their race but not MARRY into it. Rare is the woman who can look past it. I'm a lucky SOB in that regard.

Korea is much the same, Thai much the same, China, etc. Same in much of Europe, Africa ... doesn't matter where you go.
That's what I've noticed in Japan as well. Black men are 'fashion accessories'. Japanese women simply like to be seen with a black male.

Korea, not at all. Occassionally, you'll see it. But, there seems to be more resistance. That said, there is also resistance against anyone who isn't Korean. That's not to say that non-Koreans don't date/marry Koreans, but there is a cultural resistance against it.

I haven't noticed much cultural resistance whatsoever in Japan.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
I would say Filipina and Thai women would prefer a Western man to date over a local...in fact, I would say it's a strong preference. As far as black men go, from what I saw, most had Asian gf.

Indonesian & Malay women like foreigners but most are Muslim so they can only marry you if you are Muslim also.

Indian women are a tough nut to crack if that's yor thing.
Yeah, definitely agree about Thai and Filipina.

Indonesians actually date/marry internationally quite a bit. They seem to seek out non-Indonesians.

Malaysians however, they seem to have very little interest in dating outside of Malaysia, at all.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art2ro View Post
Actually, if any man is somewhat presentable and has some worth responsibly by financial means and depending where they live can have a relationship with any race of women depending on the woman's culture, attitude and behavior towards other races besides their own race!
I think that's generally true, among educated people.

But, when it comes to countries like SOuth Korea, most Korean women are going to be marrying into more money and more wealth, if they marry Koreans.

All the many English teachers scrounging around Korea, are kind of well-known to be a bit on the cheap end of the financial spectrum.

That being said, if a person goes to Philippines/Thailand/Indonesia, than the girls will assume you're a walking ATM machine, so you'll get more of that 'he'll 100% support me and everyone I know, I've hit the jackpot, if this foreigner marries me!'

Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
This pretty much will answer this type of question and more.

Asian Americans | Pew Social & Demographic Trends

Japanese are #1 in this category, and I believe Filipinos are #2.

Granted this is Asian Americans, but it can correlate well into Asians in general.
That seems just about RIGHT!

I've been in and around Asia for about 15 years, and Japanese and Filipino definitely seem to be the most willing to date/marry internationally/interacially, etc.

I can't think of a 3rd country that would be as strong, but I'd probably nominate Thailand, if I did.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,997,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
The races that are more likely to interracially date are:

1/ Filipina women
2/ Thai women

Least likely would be:

3/ Indian women

I would say with Japanese, Korean or Chinese women, that it would depend on the individual, because I have seen both sides (e.g. - open to interracial dating and those who are not).
really depends on the situation...

most likely to date/marry a white man(chinese, thai and filipina- green card/white is right mentality)
though either filipina/thai would marry a japanese or korean due to the same circumstances

most likely to date/marry interacially all around(white/black/mexican/arab) is japanese

least likely to date/marry non-white non-asians.....koreans, thai, filipina

these are for asians in asia

Old 11-26-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
That seems just about RIGHT!

I've been in and around Asia for about 15 years, and Japanese and Filipino definitely seem to be the most willing to date/marry internationally/interacially, etc.

I can't think of a 3rd country that would be as strong, but I'd probably nominate Thailand, if I did.

those stats are asian americans.....basically people who have lived in the USA for generations...and have been around people of different races since birth

its a bit different in home countries....

Old 11-26-2012, 07:41 AM

anyways i think north americans and south americans are more open to dating interracialy
its the culture I think....race mixing is promoted in the west
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia