Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 09:28 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,173,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
there are non-mixed asiatic looking filipinos

people seem to forget that urban poor folks are mixed with negrito....a pure austronesian filipino would look closer to southern chinese
I'm familiar with 'Negrito' of the PHilippines, but it's not very common at all.

Just looked it up, says around 15,000.

Same reference mentions that the Mongoloid look of Filipinos outnumbers the Negrito look by 4000:1.

Philippine Negritos -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,460,490 times
Quote:
there are non-mixed asiatic looking filipinos

people seem to forget that urban poor folks are mixed with negrito....a pure austronesian filipino would look closer to southern chinese
the aboriginal people of Taiwan look very similiar to the austronesian filipino people

Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,996,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
the aboriginal people of Taiwan look very similiar to the austronesian filipino people

southern chinese/ taiwanese aboriginal/austronesian filipino people are genetically and phenotype wise very similiar

Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I'm familiar with 'Negrito' of the PHilippines, but it's not very common at all.

Same reference mentions that the Mongoloid look of Filipinos outnumbers the Negrito look by 4000:1.

Philippine Negritos -
if we are talking about the entire Philippines then that would be true....similar to the USA...majority of the US population is white....but the inner city is made up of minorities

Most of the Philippines is mongoloid....the capital area and its surroundings are mostly of negrito ancestry

the red light district areas are known to be areas populated by remontados....negrito hybrids

the Philippines was basically an archipelago with many different people who were forced to be united as one country by an outside power

you have more mongoloid people from northern luzon and western and eastern visayas having to share the same identity as more negrid people from manila and southern luzon

it would make sense that when a more oriental looking visayan or northern luzon woman would find a partner outside of her ethnic group...that she be paired with someone who is similar to her race

while southern luzon negrito hybrids would have no qualms with dating a black man...because lets face it...they are pretty much black anyway

Last edited by ejay1; 11-28-2012 at 11:46 AM..

Old 11-28-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
if we are talking about the entire Philippines then that would be true....similar to the USA...majority of the US population is white....but the inner city is made up of minorities

Most of the Philippines is mongoloid....the capital area and its surroundings are mostly of negrito ancestry

the red light district areas are known to be areas populated by remontados....negrito hybrids

the Philippines was basically an archipelago with many different people who were forced to be united as one country by an outside power

you have more mongoloid people from northern luzon and western and eastern visayas having to share the same identity as more negrid people from manila and southern luzon

it would make sense that when a more oriental looking visayan or northern luzon woman would find a partner outside of her ethnic group...that she be paired with someone who is similar to her race

while southern luzon negrito hybrids would have no qualms with dating a black man...because lets face it...they are pretty much black anyway
It seems like you're implying that there is this massive 'negrito' underclass in Manila, with an extremely similar US experience. I just don't see that at all.

Having spent a lot of time in Manila, it's a heavily Tagalog area there, hence the Tagalog language that was forced upon the rest of the country. Tagalogs are Mongoloids, with origins from East and Southeast Asia. There are plenty of non-Tagalog people throughout Manila too, but most don't look all that different. I wouldn't readily be able to differentiate a Tagalog speaker from a Visayan speaker from a Ilicano speaker, for example.

On the very rare occassion that I've thought I've seen a possible Papau New Guinea person in the Philippines, in retrospect, I might have encountered a Filipino of Negrito stock. But that occurence of seeing such a person throughout Manila, is extremely uncommon.

If the above post is really about who and who wouldn't date a black man in the Philippines. I don't think that would be much of a problem. Without going back through the thread, I believe you had a quote of something like 20% would?

I was just thinking of when I lived in Korea, it seemed like Koreans that would date outside of Koreans, might be a similar statistic. Most foreigners in Korea, also complain about the 'racial hangups', yet while 80% might not want to date a foreigner, the 20% that do is still a lot.

It would also be interesting to see how that 'research' was conducted regarding black american men and filipino women. Who conducted the research, what kinds of other questions were on the poll, who did they poll (all females regardless if married and old and such, or what?), etc.

When you are in the Philippines, it certainly doesn't seem like Filipina women have racial hangups. The majority of Filipinos are poor themselves, and any American who has some money and looking to date or take a girl out, won't be receiving many rejections.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:13 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,741,556 times
Quote:

Philippine Negritos -
I've seen estimates from 15,000 to 150,000 but the most common number I've seen is around 50,000. But that's only people who identify as Negrito. There are millions of "regular" lowland Filipinos who have strong Negrito features but they're not considered Negrito because they don't identify as such. But I agree, I don't think that these people are concentrated in Manila. They're scattered all over because Negritos inhabited almost all of the Philippines.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
It seems like you're implying that there is this massive 'negrito' underclass in Manila, with an extremely similar US experience. I just don't see that at all.

Having spent a lot of time in Manila, it's a heavily Tagalog area there, hence the Tagalog language that was forced upon the rest of the country. Tagalogs are Mongoloids, with origins from East and Southeast Asia. There are plenty of non-Tagalog people throughout Manila too, but most don't look all that different. I wouldn't readily be able to differentiate a Tagalog speaker from a Visayan speaker from a Ilicano speaker, for example.

On the very rare occassion that I've thought I've seen a possible Papau New Guinea person in the Philippines, in retrospect, I might have encountered a Filipino of Negrito stock. But that occurence of seeing such a person throughout Manila, is extremely uncommon.

If the above post is really about who and who wouldn't date a black man in the Philippines. I don't think that would be much of a problem. Without going back through the thread, I believe you had a quote of something like 20% would?

I was just thinking of when I lived in Korea, it seemed like Koreans that would date outside of Koreans, might be a similar statistic. Most foreigners in Korea, also complain about the 'racial hangups', yet while 80% might not want to date a foreigner, the 20% that do is still a lot.

It would also be interesting to see how that 'research' was conducted regarding black american men and filipino women. Who conducted the research, what kinds of other questions were on the poll, who did they poll (all females regardless if married and old and such, or what?), etc.

When you are in the Philippines, it certainly doesn't seem like Filipina women have racial hangups. The majority of Filipinos are poor themselves, and any American who has some money and looking to date or take a girl out, won't be receiving many rejections.

the so called negrito underclass in manila is basically hybrids...tagalogs mixed with negrito
we call them remontados...many tagalogs are remontados
there are some non-tagalogs in manila...but they are easily discernable

there are different levels of poor....you have urban poor and you have rural poor
rural poor isnt as bad as urban poor

urban poor is really dirt poor...going hungry...live in a shanty town(these are the desperate women who would marry any american) much of these women are negrito hybrids

rural poor is basically your family is self sufficient in everyday necesties....but a sibling needs money for college tuition or the family needs an extra income source
many of these women are actually of mongoloid descent

filipinas who marry interracially are usually negrito hybrid looking...most are tagalog origin

there is a big difference why these poor rural girls who marry koreans are very mongoloid in appearance

Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 PM

^^^^^^^^

If those are photos of mixed negrito and another of purely mongoloid. Than, yeah, the mass majority of Filipinas in the Philippines definitely look very much like the women in the top 2 photos. The two Filipinas marrying Koreans, are definitely the more uncommon Filipina look. Generally, I've always thought Filipinas were of 'Malay' stock, more than anything else, but I suppose Malaysia also has that 'Negrito element'.

I guess what's confusing to me, is that 'darker look' just seems typical southeast asian from most all of Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand, the Philippines....and I just see the two lighter skinned ones, and anywhere I see the more lighter-skinned ones, I just think they've been more mixed with Chinese (for example, Thailand and Vietnam both have a lot of Chinese blood mixed in), and you see that particular look more frequently there.

Generally speaking, it seems that northeast asians are obsessed with finding lighter-skinned southeast asian girls. Whereas it seems that western men generally seek out darker-skinned southeast asian women. Ilsan girls in Thailand seemed to be the poorest and darkest of Thailand by far, but have an extremely high rate of international marriages/relationships, etc.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:41 AM

Quote:
^^^^^^^^

If those are photos of mixed negrito and another of purely mongoloid. Than, yeah, the mass majority of Filipinas in the Philippines definitely look very much like the women in the top 2 photos. The two Filipinas marrying Koreans, are definitely the more uncommon Filipina look. Generally, I've always thought Filipinas were of 'Malay' stock, more than anything else, but I suppose Malaysia also has that 'Negrito element'.

I guess what's confusing to me, is that 'darker look' just seems typical southeast asian from most all of Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Thailand, the Philippines....and I just see the two lighter skinned ones, and anywhere I see the more lighter-skinned ones, I just think they've been more mixed with Chinese (for example, Thailand and Vietnam both have a lot of Chinese blood mixed in), and you see that particular look more frequently there.

Generally speaking, it seems that northeast asians are obsessed with finding lighter-skinned southeast asian girls. Whereas it seems that western men generally seek out darker-skinned southeast asian women. Ilsan girls in Thailand seemed to be the poorest and darkest of Thailand by far, but have an extremely high rate of international marriages/relationships, etc.
LOL the mass majority do not look like the top 2 photos...the top 2 are tagalogs, the equivalent of inner city minorities in the USA....and the most commonly found in the manila area..

the bottom 2 pictures is a girl from a rural village in western visayas...majority of the population in the Philippines live in rural areas....only 30% live in urban areas like the tagalogs(tagalogs make up 30% of the population/but are the most visible filipinos overseas)

its not just about skin color...but features ...most filipinos do not look like the top 2 photos
hell the only place where features like that are common place is East Timor..isaan girls from thailand generally dont look like that

all in all.....westerners seek out negrito admixed SEAsians(which are a minority in SEAsia) women
and northeast asians seek pure SEAsian women

Last edited by ejay1; 11-29-2012 at 04:50 AM..

Old 11-29-2012, 12:01 PM

255 posts, read 565,315 times
ejay1 - you have made this thread completely unreadable waffling about crap no-one is interested in. Go and take a rest somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia