U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-03-2012, 08:17 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,007,201 times
Reputation: 1798

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
thats impossoble....I have seen siblings where one looks malay and one looks east asian in the Philippines

I have never seen siblings where one looks psuedo australian aborignal and the other looks east asian..too big a leap...

australian skull to the left.....eurasian skull to the right
The difference between Filipinos isn't the same as Australian and Eurasian... Even "pure" Negrito Filipinos are shown to have significant Austronesian blood. Stop trying to be an anthropologist. And you didn't address the fact that you're completely wrong about Jasmine Trias. You turn assumptions into fact.

Anyone can cherrypick photos. Look how long it took me to find these pics of Visayan women.

Boracay
posting a link because I can't post the pic

Panay

Woman, Panay, 1978


DSC02234

Your theory is dead. Now you'll think of some BS excuse like always

 
Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,328,135 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
People on a farm in Kansas usually have big houses and large lots of land - land wealthy.

In the provinces though, people are so poor in the Philippines.
not in this economy....some farmers are just getting by....being replaced by big corporations

farmers in the Philippines are usually self sufficient....they arent rich....but they arent starving either
 
Old 12-03-2012, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,328,135 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
The difference between Filipinos isn't the same as Australian and Eurasian... Even "pure" Negrito Filipinos are shown to have significant Austronesian blood. Stop trying to be an anthropologist. And you didn't address the fact that you're completely wrong about Jasmine Trias. You turn assumptions into fact.

Anyone can cherrypick photos. Look how long it took me to find these pics of Visayan women.

Boracay
posting a link because I can't post the pic

Panay

Woman, Panay, 1978 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/answerw...n/photostream/

Your theory is dead. Now you'll think of some BS excuse like always

lol of course posting pictures of ethnic minority ati women from visayas (ati are the negrito minority in visayas)

again they are not commonplace...they are an ethnic minority for a reason

btw I didnt post cherrypicked photos of aetas in luzon...I posted actual tagalogs

a mongoloid skull from the Philippines would be similar to the eurasian skull

while a tagalog skull from the Philippines would be similar to the australian skull
 
Old 12-03-2012, 08:26 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,007,201 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
lol of course posting pictures of ethnic minority ati women from visayas (ati are the negrito minority in visayas)

again they are not commonplace...they are an ethnic minority for a reason

btw I didnt post cherrypicked photos of aetas in luzon...I posted actual tagalogs

a mongoloid skull from the Philippines would be similar to the eurasian skull

while a tagalog skull from the Philippines would be similar to the australian skull
Nowhere in the pic information does it say these women are Ati. If you search "ati" on flickr, you get very different results.



You say I'm posting pics of Ati, I could say you're posting pics of Chinese-Filipinos. One excuse for another...

And the lady in the pic you always post isn't Tagalog. I'll send you a PM for proof, and you'll have to stop posting the pic.
 
Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,328,135 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Nowhere in the pic information does it say these women are Ati. If you search "ati" on flickr, you get very different results.



You say I'm posting pics of Ati, I could say you're posting pics of Chinese-Filipinos. One excuse for another...

And the lady in the pic you always post isn't Tagalog. I'll send you a PM for proof, and you'll have to stop posting the pic.
she is ati....just because you cant find it in flickr doesnt mean she isnt ati

the results you are getting are pictures of pure ati.....she is a mixed ati...which would still be ati and a ethnic minority
 
Old 12-03-2012, 08:36 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,007,201 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
she is ati....just because you cant find it in flickr doesnt mean she isnt ati

the results you are getting are pictures of pure ati.....she is a mixed ati...which would still be ati and a ethnic minority
You're assuming the women are Ati, just like people assume that the women you post pics of are Chinese. Except you're faaar off on that assumption. Clearly
 
Old 12-03-2012, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,328,135 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
You're assuming the women are Ati, just like people assume that the women you post pics of are Chinese. Except you're faaar off on that assumption. Clearly
having been to panay I would know this ...I am not assuming here
those are part of the ati tribe
 
Old 12-03-2012, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,328,135 times
Reputation: 129
the first picture...having missed it at first does look visayan as in non-ati visayan
Boracay woman with cigar | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

the other 2 are definitely ati or part of the ati tribe...ethnic minority
not an excuse...just reality...like looking for a needle in a heystack with you
everytime reality is shown in front of you...you have a new excuse
posting ethnic minorities is not going to change the fact that tagalogs are hybrids....what is the result other then showing tagalogs look like negrito minorities from other regions of asia??

Last edited by ejay1; 12-03-2012 at 09:24 AM..
 
Old 12-03-2012, 10:37 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,007,201 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
the first picture...having missed it at first does look visayan as in non-ati visayan
Boracay woman with cigar | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

the other 2 are definitely ati or part of the ati tribe...ethnic minority
not an excuse...just reality...like looking for a needle in a heystack with you
everytime reality is shown in front of you...you have a new excuse
posting ethnic minorities is not going to change the fact that tagalogs are hybrids....what is the result other then showing tagalogs look like negrito minorities from other regions of asia??
Actually I just typed in "Panay woman" on flickr and found them just like that, in like 5 minutues. I didn't have to search high and low, or take pictures from people's facebooks, or take screenshots of random youtube videos. It was that easy. I'm not saying that all people on that island look like that, I was just showing how easy it was for me to cherrypick.

And your definition of Ati must be very very broad. Sure, those women might have some Ati ancestry, but a lot of Filipinos do. That's why many look Micronesian. Even in the Visayas. You're trying to convince us that Negrito-mixed people are concentrated in Manila but they're virtually absent from the Visayas. You have no proof. Anytime I post a picture that proves you wrong, you come up with some excuse.
 
Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,328,135 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Actually I just typed in "Panay woman" on flickr and found them just like that, in like 5 minutues. I didn't have to search high and low, or take pictures from people's facebooks, or take screenshots of random youtube videos. It was that easy. I'm not saying that all people on that island look like that, I was just showing how easy it was for me to cherrypick.

And your definition of Ati must be very very broad. Sure, those women might have some Ati ancestry, but a lot of Filipinos do. That's why many look Micronesian. Even in the Visayas. You're trying to convince us that Negrito-mixed people are concentrated in Manila but they're virtually absent from the Visayas. You have no proof. Anytime I post a picture that proves you wrong, you come up with some excuse.

again those women are an ethnic minority....I never claimed they were virtually absent...but negrito-admixed people in visayas are grouped together with ati..why is that...because they are small in number..and are visually different from the majority

while negritos in southern luzon dont look much different from tagalogs...because tagalogs themsleves are negrito hybrids
you pick out maybe 1 or 3 atis in the visayas who look similar to the masses of australian aboriginal looking people in southern luzon

your comparing a minority in visayas (ati and mixed ati) with a major ethnic group in manila(tagalogs who look australoid)

its comparable to saying most black people would vote for romney because you found a couple of black conservatives...it doesnt change the fact that 95% of african americans voted for obama

your looking for a needle in a heystack....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top