U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,997,592 times
Reputation: 1798

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
again those women are an ethnic minority....I never claimed they were virtually absent...but negrito-admixed people in visayas are grouped together with ati..why is that...because they are small in number..and are visually different from the majority

while negritos in southern luzon dont look much different from tagalogs...because tagalogs themsleves are negrito hybrids
you pick out maybe 1 or 3 atis in the visayas who look similar to the masses of australian aboriginal looking people in southern luzon

your comparing a minority in visayas (ati and mixed ati) with a major ethnic group in manila(tagalogs who look australoid)

its comparable to saying most black people would vote for romney because you found a couple of black conservatives...it doesnt change the fact that 95% of african americans voted for obama

your looking for a needle in a heystack....
Needle in a haystack, yet I found those pics in 5 minutes. You have to search all over the place and use the same pics over and over again. I'm sure you know about looking for a needle in a haystack more than anybody. Please stop speaking like you have facts to back you up because you have NONE, other than the countless threads that you have made on the internet. You're only proof is what you say. Nobody else is saying it

 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,425 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Needle in a haystack, yet I found those pics in 5 minutes. You have to search all over the place and use the same pics over and over again. I'm sure you know about looking for a needle in a haystack more than anybody. Please stop speaking like you have facts to back you up because you have NONE, other than the countless threads that you have made on the internet. You're only proof is what you say. Nobody else is saying it
of course you didnt type down an ethnic group...you typed down a location expecting to find ethnic minorities
hell after searchin panay woman on flickr it returned in the first page a group of pictures wearing ethnic minority attire
I didnt even use the same pics in this thread

its reality...I didnt even have to look hard to find pictures..considering anyone with a hometown of southern luzon on their profile is bound to look australoid as hell....
 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:18 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,997,592 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
of course you didnt type down an ethnic group...you typed down a location expecting to find ethnic minorities
hell after searchin panay woman on flickr it returned in the first page a group of pictures wearing ethnic minority attire
I didnt even use the same pics in this thread

its reality...I didnt even have to look hard to find pictures..considering anyone with a hometown of southern luzon on their profile is bound to look australoid as hell....
I love how you use "ethnic minority" to describe people who don't fit your ideal look. You have some racial issues...
 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,425 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I love how you use "ethnic minority" to describe people who don't fit your ideal look. You have some racial issues...
learn the definition of ethnic minority

its not about ideal looks...its about which look fits which ethnicity

for example
when a japanese person says that a foreign guy living in japan who became a citizen and follows the custom is not ethnically japanese or is an ethnic minority...he is not doing it out of spite for the guy...but because that person is an ethnic minority in japan

jeez its always about ideal looks with you....

people who are an ethnic minority are an ethnic minority...they arent an ethnic minority because they dont fit the ideal look...they are an ethnic minority because they are of a different ethnicity or race to the majority

Last edited by ejay1; 12-03-2012 at 11:40 AM..
 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 AM
 
Location: San Francisco, California
1,953 posts, read 5,202,766 times
Reputation: 2294




Visayans sure are pretty, they are beauty queens
 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,997,592 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
learn the definition of ethnic minority

its not about ideal looks...its about which look fits which ethnicity

for example
when a japanese person says that a foreign guy living in japan who became a citizen and follows the custom is not ethnically japanese or is an ethnic minority...he is not doing it out of spite for the guy...but because that person is an ethnic minority in japan

jeez its always about ideal looks with you....

people who are an ethnic minority are an ethnic minority...they arent an ethnic minority because they dont fit the ideal look...they are an ethnic minority because they are of a different ethnicity or race
the thing is, you never admit that you're wrong because if someone doesn't fit your theory, you just say "oh, they're an ethnic minority" or "oh, they're a rare exception." You pick a few random pics and present them as proof. Anyone can do that. I just did. I could have used a pic of Jasmine Trias and said that all Tagalogs look like her. That's not proof. That's idealism trying to be presented as fact
 
Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,425 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
the thing is, you never admit that you're wrong because if someone doesn't fit your theory, you just say "oh, they're an ethnic minority" or "oh, they're a rare exception." You pick a few random pics and present them as proof. Anyone can do that. I just did. I could have used a pic of Jasmine Trias and said that all Tagalogs look like her. That's not proof. That's idealism trying to be presented as fact
well jasmine trias is ilocano...so why would all tagalogs look like her??

again you dont have much experience with this probably

try walking around Manila next time your there....and Im talking about the streets...not in some upperclass hotel
 
Old 12-03-2012, 12:09 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,997,592 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
well jasmine trias is ilocano...so why would all tagalogs look like her??

again you dont have much experience with this probably

try walking around Manila next time your there....and Im talking about the streets...not in some upperclass hotel
No her parents are from Cavite. And there's even a town called "General Trias" who was one of her ancestors. Last time I checked, Cavite was in the Tagalog region, far from Ilocos. There goes your theory...
 
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,425 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
No her parents are from Cavite. And there's even a town called "General Trias" who was one of her ancestors. Last time I checked, Cavite was in the Tagalog region, far from Ilocos. There goes your theory...
so she is cavitena...from my understanding the natives of cavite are cavitena.....but it has a sizable tagalog population as well

theory still stands....overwhelming majority of southern luzon look australoid until otherwise proven
as Im not the only one who has experienced this...Tiger Beer has experienced this as well...as have many other people who have been to Manila

Last edited by ejay1; 12-03-2012 at 01:24 PM..
 
Old 12-03-2012, 01:52 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,997,592 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
so she is cavitena...from my understanding the natives of cavite are cavitena.....but it has a sizable tagalog population as well

theory still stands....overwhelming majority of southern luzon look australoid until otherwise proven
as Im not the only one who has experienced this...Tiger Beer has experienced this as well...as have many other people who have been to Manila
Cavitena is just the name of someone from that city. Just like Manilena is someone from Manila. Both are still Tagalog because they speak Tagalog. Theres no separate language for Cavite. And yes, you're the only one who's experienced this. It's your own made-up reality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top