U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,997,592 times
Reputation: 1798

Advertisements

delete

Last edited by Smtchll; 12-04-2012 at 05:19 AM..

 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,997,592 times
Reputation: 1798
........
 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,425 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Not wrong, because you agreed with exactly what I said

I said...


You said...
and you omitted the other parts...you claimed in the Philippines if your light and east asian looking your going to be part of the upperclass

thats where you are wrong.......well for visayas at least...though your probably right that in southern luzon all the light skinned people who look EA are probably upperclass chinese
 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:16 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,997,592 times
Reputation: 1798
........
 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:16 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,425 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
and you admitted that the lower class was more heavily Australoid. Are you saying that there aren't poor people in the Visayas?



If poor people are heavily Australoid, then the Visayas has a lot of Australoid-looking people

poor in visayas is basically counted by how much money you make...farmers & fishermen dont make much in philippines..but poor in visayas is not exactly poor like manila...in manila they are practically begging in the streets...thats not always the case in rural visayas....while there are beggars...its not a common sight
 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,425 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
You have my sentence mixed up. I said, if you're upper-class, you're light-skin and East Asian-looking (generalization of course) HOWEVER, I didn't say "If you're East Asian-looking, you're upper-class" Learn some reading comprehension
thats also a bad generalization...alot of the upperclass in visayas are also malay looking
 
Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 AM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,997,592 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
poor in visayas is basically counted by how much money you make...farmers & fishermen dont make much in philippines..but poor in visayas is not exactly poor like manila...in manila they are practically begging in the streets...thats not always the case in rural visayas....while there are beggars...its not a common sight
Please respond in the PM i sent, that's why I sent it. This is too ridiculous for people to read.
 
Old 12-04-2012, 08:04 AM
 
Location: In the heights
22,119 posts, read 23,634,230 times
Reputation: 11611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
doing covers of kpop songs doesnt magically change your phenotype ...you can be so ignorant
Actually, makeup, hair and wardrobe styling make really dramatic changes to people including softening or enhancing facial features to a large extent. I worked in film for about a decade, part of it in East Asia, and I know how strongly altered features can be with just a few touchups. Regardless, I have no idea how you continue to maintain your assertions. You grabbed a few nice, happy photos for non-Tagalogs and then get some unhappy rioting ones for Tagalogs. I don't get it. How did you come to this conclusion? It just seems to be more based on some kind of underlying dislike or resentment rather than anything real. Do a lot of people in the Philippines believe this theory or is this a personal one? I've never heard such a thing before.
 
Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,425 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Actually, makeup, hair and wardrobe styling make really dramatic changes to people including softening or enhancing facial features to a large extent. I worked in film for about a decade, part of it in East Asia, and I know how strongly altered features can be with just a few touchups. Regardless, I have no idea how you continue to maintain your assertions. You grabbed a few nice, happy photos for non-Tagalogs and then get some unhappy rioting ones for Tagalogs. I don't get it. How did you come to this conclusion? It just seems to be more based on some kind of underlying dislike or resentment rather than anything real. Do a lot of people in the Philippines believe this theory or is this a personal one? I've never heard such a thing before.
only plastic surgery can do that...and let me tell you...plastic surgery is non-existant for the sons and daughters of farmers..besides they are just fans of kpop they are not trying to look like a korean race...they are just copying the fashion because they think its cool

it impossible to look racially asian even if you try

magibon- famous youtube personality who acts like she is japanese


yellowface from the 1900s trying to look chinese


just a visayan girl who is racially asian...not trying to look anything...in fact is wearing western style clothes


its out there in the minds of people...but we dont speak about it outright...since we are all filipinos
kind of like how americans know they are of different races but all come together as americans

reason why tagalogs are unhappy?? because they are always perpetually unhappy....visayans are more satisfied by simple means....tagalogs live in slums...usually polluted as hell and smelly.....most visayans live in smog free, open field farmland with majestic mountains as the overdrop...where the water is so clean you can see through it...where they grow their own food or buy it really cheap in the public market

Last edited by ejay1; 12-04-2012 at 08:43 AM..
 
Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 AM
 
Location: In the heights
22,119 posts, read 23,634,230 times
Reputation: 11611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
only plastic surgery can do that...and let me tell you...plastic surgery is non-existant for the sons and daughters of farmers..besides they are just fans of kpop they are not trying to look like a korean race...they are just copying the fashion because they think its cool

it impossible to look racially asian even if you try

magibon- famous youtube personality who acts like she is japanese


yellowface from the 1900s trying to look chinese


just a visayan girl who is racially asian...not trying to look anything...in fact is wearing western style clothes


its out there in the minds of people...but we dont speak about it outright...since we are all filipinos
kind of like how americans know they are of different races but all come together as americans

reason why tagalogs are unhappy?? because they are always perpetually unhappy....visayans are more satisfied by simple means....tagalogs live in slums...usually polluted as hell and smelly.....most visayans live in smog free, open field farmland with majestic mountains as the overdrop...where the water is so clean you can see through it
No, not plastic surgery. Makeup, hair and wardrobe styling. This is pretty well documented unlike what you've been saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top