Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,987,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
No, not plastic surgery. Makeup, hair and wardrobe styling. This is pretty well documented unlike what you've been saying.
yellow face you mean???

...more likely then not its just a gross exageration

and those kids werent yellow facing...they just wore clothes styles similar to their favorite kpop stars

if a mexican girl listens to taylor swift and dresses like her...does that mean she is trying to be white??

Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 AM

36,993 posts, read 39,037,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
yellow face you mean???

...more likely then not its just a gross exageration

and those kids werent yellow facing...they just wore clothes styles similar to their favorite kpop stars

if a mexican girl listens to taylor swift and dresses like her...does that mean she is trying to be white??
No, makeup. Do you understand? If a Mexican girl is putting on makeup and trying to dress and look like Taylor Swift then she is trying to be Taylor Swift to some extent. She will also look different. Do you have any idea how much alteration makeup can give you?

Anyhow, still not the point. Also, have you been outside of Manila in Tagalog speaking places? Manila's the big bad urban city that exists all over the world. Tagalogs are not restricted to just Manila though.

Here are some non-pros, amateurs:

Chinese Girls Before and After Makeup – chinaSMACK

The changes here are way less drastic than the ones I've seen on set. Also, do you know how long ago Broken Blossoms was filmed?

Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
No, makeup. Do you understand? If a Mexican girl is putting on makeup and trying to dress and look like Taylor Swift then she is trying to be Taylor Swift to some extent. She will also look different. Do you have any idea how much alteration makeup can give you?

Anyhow, still not the point. Also, have you been outside of Manila in Tagalog speaking places? Manila's the big bad urban city that exists all over the world. Tagalogs are not restricted to just Manila though.

Here are some non-pros, amateurs:

Chinese Girls Before and After Makeup – chinaSMACK

The changes here are way less drastic than the ones I've seen on set. Also, do you know how long ago Broken Blossoms was filmed?
none of them are wearing makeup to look any different

I have been to places outside of Manila where tagalogs settled in...Lipa City in Batangas...
thats why I said southern luzon since tagalogs are present in those places as well

those chinese girls still look the same...only more glammed up

Old 12-04-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
none of them are wearing makeup to look any different

I have been to places outside of Manila where tagalogs settled in...Lipa City in Batangas...
thats why I said southern luzon since tagalogs are present in those places as well

those chinese girls still look the same...only more glammed up
i think those pictures had some pretty significant differences with highlighting some features and softening others

anyhow, what's your agenda? why do you seem to dislike manila/luzon so much?

Old 12-04-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
i think those pictures had some pretty significant differences with highlighting some features and softening others

anyhow, what's your agenda? why do you seem to dislike manila/luzon so much?
they highlighted their best features...thats what makeup does for you...the same applies when westerners put on makeup

it wasnt meant to insult...but more of teaching experience...

especially for our dear tagalog friends who have the IMSCF syndrome

Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
they highlighted their best features...thats what makeup does for you...the same applies when westerners put on makeup

it wasnt meant to insult...but more of teaching experience...
It is hard to understand what you are saying, but oh well.

Makeup also conceals or softens features. I know makeup pretty well. It works differently for different faces but the general trend for women across the board is generally the same with a stronger pop for the eyes with various ways of making them look larger, the rounding for the bone structure above the eyes, and smoothing of out of the skin and the jawline. I think the only thing I've learned is that there are weird racial politics in the philippines with at least one person who is super invested in a pet theory.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:

Makeup also conceals or softens features. I know makeup pretty well. It works differently for different faces but the general trend for women across the board is generally the same with a stronger pop for the eyes with various ways of making them look larger, the rounding for the bone structure above the eyes, and smoothing of out of the skin and the jawline. I think the only thing I've learned is that there are weird racial politics in the philippines with at least one person who is super invested in a pet theory.
oh btw the chinese girls werent only wearing makeup they were wearing circle lenses as well

there is no such thing as racial politics in the Philippines...its more class based

Old 12-04-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:

actually I am just interested in it after seeing a couple of videos from different sources

I watched this one video where an african american man was claiming filipinos werent asian but mullato....while watching it I said wait a minute this isnt right...none of my relative or me look mullato or anywhere near it

then it hit me....he was talking about tagalogs.....that is what is so interesting.....the Philippines is so diverse ethnic wise..your race could be determined by what ethnic group you grew up in

this is why the Philippines is so interesting...I have seen mixed families where the mother is visayan and the father is japanese and the kids look 100% japanese...

and I have seen families where the mother is tagalog and the father is black and the kids look 100% black

Last edited by ejay1; 12-04-2012 at 11:12 AM..

Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 PM

3,636 posts, read 10,713,529 times
Quote:
actually I am just interested in it after seeing a couple of videos from different sources

I watched this one video where an african american man was claiming filipinos werent asian but mullato....while watching it I said wait a minute this isnt right...none of my relative or me look mullato or anywhere near it

then it hit me....he was talking about tagalogs.....that is what is so interesting.....the Philippines is so diverse ethnic wise..your race could be determined by what ethnic group you grew up in

this is why the Philippines is so interesting...I have seen mixed families where the mother is visayan and the father is japanese and the kids look 100% japanese...

and I have seen families where the mother is tagalog and the father is black and the kids look 100% black
It's really that your ashamed of Filipinos who don't have your ideal East Asian look so you've made up this big fantasy in your head that it's mainly just the Tagalogs who have that look you don't like, while your ethnic group, the Visayans look the most East Asian. It's self hate. And I think it makes you feel better when you spread this all over the internet, that's why you never give up, as if it's what you live for. (I really think this issue is what you live for) Unfortunately, you're fighting this battle alone

Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,887,197 times
Why don't you two ust argue by Direct messaging? Please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia