Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 03:45 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times

Advertisements

delete. Ridiculous conversation

Last edited by Smtchll; 12-04-2012 at 04:50 AM..

Old 12-04-2012, 03:48 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,995,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
They're only atypical because you don't like how they look. These people definitely exist, in large numbers. And I used a lot of Samar & Leyte pics because those islands dont have Negrito populations, so you cant give me the ethnic minority BS. I'm showing that even though you can cherrypick some pics that go with your theory, anyone else can do the exact same and show the opposite of your theory. Neither is concrete proof. They're just pics that anyone can go and cherrypick to fit their "theories"

And this pic

comes from this article about K-Pop cover groups, so the pic is full of kids who are trying to look like Korean celebs. So it's not a good representation. Just like I wouldn't post a pic from Ati-Atihan because the people are trying to look black
it has nothing to do with liking what they look like they are just atypical
again you chose to show photos with regular people and atypical people in the same picture...to try to make it seem as the atypical ones are common because they are posted with pictures of regular people

and yes you purposely cherrypicked, you even forementioned it before you posted...I didnt

I could do the same to you....these are what typical tagalogs look like and if you dont agree its just because you dont like the way they look

the aeta ethinc group stretches all the way down to southern luzon....they could very much well be tagalog

Last edited by ejay1; 12-04-2012 at 04:06 AM..

Old 12-04-2012, 03:49 AM

Quote:
No, they are cover groups. So of course they're going to try to fit the K-Pop look. And address the first part of my post, not just the second
doing covers of kpop songs doesnt magically change your phenotype ...you can be so ignorant

Old 12-04-2012, 03:53 AM

Last edited by Smtchll; 12-04-2012 at 04:50 AM..

Old 12-04-2012, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Of course I cherrypicked. That's the whole point of the post. You cherrypick certain types (although you dont admit it), and I can easily do the same, which I did. I wasn't out to prove that all Visayans look like that, I was proving that anyone can go and find pics to fit their agenda. You can find pics of light East Asian-looking Filipinos, and you can find dark, Micronesian-looking ones. It's not hard. Most Visayans dont look completely like the pics you posted or the pics I posted, they're a mixture, just like the rest of the Philippines. You completely missed the point.

I dont agree that they're Tagalogs because this picture was taken in Pampanga...
cgstock.com - thumbnails of Aeta People of the Philippines pictures
LOL if I wanted to cherrypick I could do better...but Im not as shameless as you

LOL so you posting ethnic minorities and atypical pictures you cherrypicked from visayas somehow make it equal to a region where what would be considered an ethnic minority or atypical in visayas would be the norm in southern luzon

the point is you cannot find pictures of light east asian looking tagalogs because there is no such variety in southern luzon...if you want to find an east asian looking person in manila you will have to go to chinatown or find a chinese-filipino subdivision

example: Southern Brazil is mostly European...Northern Brazil is mostly black
just because you can find mullatos, or black populations in southern brazil doesnt mean southern brazil is the same demographically a northern brazil...

Last edited by ejay1; 12-04-2012 at 04:11 AM..

Old 12-04-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Of course I cherrypicked. That's the whole point of the post. You cherrypick certain types (although you dont admit it), and I can easily do the same, which I did. I wasn't out to prove that all Visayans look like that, I was proving that anyone can go and find pics to fit their agenda. You can find pics of light East Asian-looking Filipinos, and you can find dark, Micronesian-looking ones. It's not hard. Most Visayans dont look completely like the pics you posted or the pics I posted, they're a mixture, just like the rest of the Philippines. You completely missed the point.

I dont agree that they're Tagalogs because this picture was taken in Pampanga...
cgstock.com - thumbnails of Aeta People of the Philippines pictures

And again, Samar & Leyte have no Ati groups, so you can't use that excuse. I concede a lot of things just so you can have the benefit of the doubt, but you keep coming up with more excuses.
there is a group in leyte/samar related to the ati

Quote:
[Mountaineers.] There are no ati/aeta either in Samar or Leyte, but Cimarronese, who pay no tribute, and who do not live in villages, but independently in the forests. Unfortunately I have had no personal intercourse with them, and what I have learned respecting them from the Christian inhabitants of Samar is too uncertain to be repeated. But it does seem certain that all these Cimarronese or their ancestors have traded with the Spaniards, and that their religion has appropriated many Catholic forms. Thus, when planting rice, and, according to ancient practices, setting apart some of the seed to be offered in the four corners of the field as sacrifice, they are accustomed to repeat some mutilated Catholic prayers, which they appear to consider as efficacious as their old heathenish ones.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:10 AM

Last edited by Smtchll; 12-04-2012 at 04:49 AM..

Old 12-04-2012, 04:15 AM

Quote:
And I'm sure that all the people I posted pics of are descended from this remote tribe. Ok. You really have an excuse for everything. Even if that population is Negrito (which it doesn't say if it is or isnt) They aren't nearly as common as on Panay & Negros. They're probably extinct, that article was written awhile ago. So I picked those islands, where you couldn't use your excuses, but you use them again. You live in an alternate reality
no they arent extinct....lol you f-ing crazy if you think using atypical people and ethnic minorities justifies the demographics in both regions as being similar

tell me why you cant find east asian looking people amongst the regular people of southern luzon...by regular I dont mean the chinese-filipino familes you can find in manila

because I have pointed out that you can find regular visayans who look east asian(not of chinese descent) who can even have malay looking siblings...in the visayas...the rural parts as well

tell me why you use pictures of atypical or ati descent people/ethnic minorities to show that visayans and regular tagalogs dont look any different

Old 12-04-2012, 04:15 AM

delete

Old 12-04-2012, 04:22 AM

delete

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia