Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 01:54 AM

9,255 posts, read 9,679,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag77845 View Post
From the political and historic perspective, Japan is culpable for the crime it did in WWII.

But dealing with Japanese people on personal level is totally another story. For example,if I had to choose a roommate from another country, I would definitely choose Japanese. Japanese people are very friendly and courteous. I haven't met a single Japanese people I dislike.
I would not live with a Japanese, unless I know him very well.
Usually Japanese people don't tell you what they really like or dislike, so problems are never solved. Therefore, you may think you are doing perfectly well but get hated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 06:12 AM

25,040 posts, read 27,794,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
no...they really do hate koreans....they also hate every other asian ...though they love white people

日少女嗆殺光韓 œ‹äººï¼šåƒå—京大å±*æ ®ºï¼ A Japanese girl shouts out for a massacre in Tsruhashi as in history - YouTube

they are just jealous of koreans.....lol

these are just the nationalists of course....
That's what I heard a lot before as well. The only foreigners that the Japanese like the most are white people, except for the residents in Okinawa Prefecture.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:01 AM

857 posts, read 1,648,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I would not live with a Japanese, unless I know him very well.
Usually Japanese people don't tell you what they really like or dislike, so problems are never solved. Therefore, you may think you are doing perfectly well but get hated.
At least, things Japanese roommate won't do:
- leave dirty plates in the sink for a week
- make excessive noise at night
- bring a dozen of his buddies to party day and night
- mess up the bathroom and never attemp to clean the toilet

Japense people are anything but annooying douchbags. I don't expect too much like genuine friendship from a roommate, all I need is someone who doesn't make troubles.

Americans are usually friendly, not trying to do any harm, but inconsiderate. Being selfish is the norm.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:50 PM

9,255 posts, read 9,679,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
And you think they give you beaners honorary status??? lmao
anyways the only ea group that hate on all those groups you mentioned are chinese
Most Chinese have no idea who Cambodians and Laos are, and there is absolutely no hate.

Chinese may be arrogant but generally speaking they do not behave like Nazis.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:59 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,794,165 times
Guys, what the hell does this have anything to do with East Asians?

Old 09-04-2014, 12:50 AM

5 posts, read 8,039 times
Mmm. I'd like to point our something.
You're looking at this matter from Japan's point of view.
Yes, Japan did help Korea somewhat in industrial means. But they wouldn't have come that far if Korea's BaekJae helped them in the past. Korea also had a longer history (dates back to B.C. 2000, with evidence), meaning that rather than Korea following Japan, Japan followed Korea- this was mainly thanks to the fact that Korea had trade relationships to China. Then again about the other things about korean names... they were actually banned, but WW2 happened soon enough. Also, while the Japanese slaughtered both Koreans and tons of Korean traditions, they also killed plenty of the tigers in the Korean mountains. They are now extinct.
Also, Japan's reign lasted barely 20~30 years- and while that wasn't enough to establish lasting monuements or anything, they destroyed Korea's most important SukGulAmm, sold off the very first copy made from metal lettering, and abused women.
I'm not trying to sound anti Japanese or anything, but they did do dome horrible stuff.
For all that 'evidence', Koreans actually had rebel forces- and these people were those who made those stuff. And if you haven't noticed, all those pictures are atually Chinese characters, not Korean.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:52 AM

5 posts, read 8,039 times
Also, there are tons of different races. Several aare from the North, some track back to India, and some come from near Korea.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:24 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,622,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideThistles View Post
In the US, most Chinese are wealthy or middle class. Silicon Valley has a lot of Chinese people, even though mostly from Taiwan and Hong Kong but some from the mainland, that are very wealthy and work for the companies there. The guy who founded Yahoo! is from Taiwan..
Not true. The vast majority of high-tech Chinese workers in the Bay area are from Mainland, probably over 90%.

Jerry Yang although born in Taiwan is practically an American because he moved to California at the age of 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideThistles View Post
Where is this "real hate" coming from? I don't understand. My cousin and aunt are from Shanghai and are living in Singapore and "hate" is the last thing they have ever encountered there. I mean, I don't know, maybe that ''hate'' is just from a small fraction of Singapore's population? Just like how a small fraction of Canadians hate Americans, I would assume.
I don't think many Chinese hate Singaporean... how is that possible. There is nothing to hate about Singapore. There are only who hate or strongly dislike Japan among all the Asian countries.

However, there are many Singaporeans and Hong Konger who act all superior with the Chinese, and that probably causes some spite, especially when they act all civil and polite once a white person talks to them (the arrogance disappears all of a sudden). -- that is truly despicable.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:44 AM

15 posts, read 19,162 times
Of course Chinese in China do not hate Singaporeans, most know little about Singapore and HK actually. People in Mainland China do not know much about the world like the Singaporeans. Singaporeans are very global. And you are right the people in China very dislike the Japanese, but a small minority of Chinese are into Japanese culture and language, the number of people is small. Production from Japan are almost never broadcasted on tv channels of China. But there are quite many production from South Korea, Taiwan Hong Kong and US on tv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I don't think many Chinese hate Singaporean... how is that possible. There is nothing to hate about Singapore. There are only who hate or strongly dislike Japan among all the Asian countries.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:54 AM

15 posts, read 19,162 times
South Korean popular culture has some fans in Japan. But I will say K-pop is currently more popular in China than Japan. The Japanse understand well the causes of tensions between their country and Korea & China. Taiwan is not as fussy as PRC and Korea over the islands dispute with Japan. Taiwanese are very into Japanese culture. Speak Japanese to youths in Taiwan, high chance they will reply back in good Japanese. The percentage is probably 5% only for the youths in HK and Singapore, who value English much over the Japanese language.

And for the Japanese and South Koreans. Russia is a country very close to them but not familiar just like North Korea. Russians and Chinese are more familiar with each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That's what I heard a lot before as well. The only foreigners that the Japanese like the most are white people, except for the residents in Okinawa Prefecture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia