U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-29-2013, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,850,272 times
Reputation: 796

Advertisements

It's their Chinese genes I guess.

 
Old 10-29-2013, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
1,022 posts, read 3,146,089 times
Reputation: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
^ I dont see how the Philippines is so low on obesity/overweight. That cant be right. Being a little fat is almost normal in the Philippines.
Just be glad that they're not fat and diabetic as Malaysians, actually Filipinos aren't that fat on general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
It's their Chinese genes I guess.
Their food is pretty healthy.
 
Old 10-30-2013, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Washington State
18,536 posts, read 9,580,194 times
Reputation: 15784
The food in Malaysia/Singapore is about the best anywhere that I've been and I've worked in 5 different continents. I noticed that the Asians in Malaysia/China/Korea eat at least twice the amount of food I eat and weigh about half my weight seemingly (I am 6'6" though). My thoughts are these possibilities:

1) Less processed crap food that we eat in the West
2) Cook with coconut oil rather than corn oil or other cooking oils common in west
3) Is there something in rice that limits gaining weight?
4) Just a different metabolism
 
Old 10-30-2013, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,850,272 times
Reputation: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The food in Malaysia/Singapore is about the best anywhere that I've been and I've worked in 5 different continents. I noticed that the Asians in Malaysia/China/Korea eat at least twice the amount of food I eat and weigh about half my weight seemingly (I am 6'6" though). My thoughts are these possibilities:

1) Less processed crap food that we eat in the West
2) Cook with coconut oil rather than corn oil or other cooking oils common in west
3) Is there something in rice that limits gaining weight?
4) Just a different metabolism
Rice fattens the belly, Filipinos eat so much rice and it always goes to the belly, but not the same with the Chinese though. In Shenzhen, chinese food is quite oily. I already tried many restaurants and all use so much oil but people are still very slim. I guess it has to do with drinking tea with the food or warm water. They don't drink cold drinks with their food. My daughter's friends told her cold drink is not good to go with a meal.
 
Old 11-04-2013, 04:52 PM
 
9,682 posts, read 15,864,806 times
Reputation: 16033
They probably have worms
 
Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 AM
 
39 posts, read 78,285 times
Reputation: 27
Small portion with mostly hot and spicy stuff will help...
 
Old 01-14-2014, 12:55 AM
 
4,654 posts, read 3,709,233 times
Reputation: 1408
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
When I was scanning thread titles and saw this thread, that is the first thought I had too. That may also apply to many countries that are closer to the equator.
Brasilians,nigerians can be very obese too for instance,it's more about personal diet and way of life
 
Old 01-14-2014, 11:00 PM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,850,272 times
Reputation: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Just be glad that they're not fat and diabetic as Malaysians, actually Filipinos aren't that fat on general.



Their food is pretty healthy.
Food in Guangdong is very oily. A Chinese Malaysian I met in Singapore said the same thing.
 
Old 01-15-2014, 12:02 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,244,676 times
Reputation: 2833
I think Singaporeans and Malaysians seem plumper than I remember. Thais too. In contrast I hardly saw any fat people in Vietnam. Dunno about Filipinos but they seem a bit stouter than Viets, like Indonesians.
 
Old 01-15-2014, 01:12 AM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,850,272 times
Reputation: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I think Singaporeans and Malaysians seem plumper than I remember. Thais too. In contrast I hardly saw any fat people in Vietnam. Dunno about Filipinos but they seem a bit stouter than Viets, like Indonesians.
Filipinos have more meat especially when they reach 30. They also have more chest and butt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top