Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 05:43 PM

250 posts, read 661,547 times

Advertisements

As trimac said, as children we have probably fantasizes nations as contrary to their reality. What have your imaginations lead you to speciously believe about nations?

For example, I always thought that Singapore was a lush, tropical, utopia, eg, A high rise, Asian form of Irvine. The landscaping was like Mario World.

Actually, I even thought that anywhere from Kyushu, down the ryukyuan islands, Taiwan the Philippines, and Malaya/the Malay archipelago was a Mario-esque utopia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 07:24 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
What about Singapore doesn't fit that description? Apart from the Mario thing, I don't know where you get that from lol.

Well I got most of my info from books and tv and stuff so I think my perceptions were pretty realistic from the start.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:11 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,695,475 times
I thought China was just like Journey to the West. Where Japan had people that flew in the air with ease. And south asia was a mystery like an Indian Jones movie. Back to reality, I thought as a kid all peoples around the world were you unique, but everyone is the same. Looking for an avenue to survive through life at any cost.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,460,054 times
when I think of Vietnam , Cambodia, Laos , I think of the war from all those Vietnam war movies Ive seen

when I hear the distinct sound of Huey helicopter flying over it reminds me of the VN war

it's starting to fade away but the thought of war is still there

Last edited by mr bolo; 10-13-2012 at 08:59 AM..

Old 12-22-2012, 04:46 PM

7,034 posts, read 14,474,847 times
I thought there were ninjas and samurai all over Japan as a child... just like how I imagined people still living in castles and wearing medieval clothing in modern Europe.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:28 AM

261 posts, read 512,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I thought there were ninjas and samurai all over Japan as a child... just like how I imagined people still living in castles and wearing medieval clothing in modern Europe.
I dont care what anyone says.To this day I know for a FACT that their has to be some land mass in Europe that lives in such times with kings and queens and throne over taking--back stabbing and pretentious accents....And there are no minorities of course. I honestly cannot see Europe (me never been myself) with out the armor and horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia