Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:00 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

The UAE seems a very love/hate place, and I've heard a lot of hate/negative opinions about it, so it's refreshing to hear something more positive. I hope to visit sometime soon - largely to see the Burj, but also to see what's happening. Of course, am sort of cynical in some respects about the whole place, but it's certainly quite a unique, interesting place, where you'll see women in burqas shopping at Louis Vuitton or Tiffany's or something.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:11 PM

5 posts, read 6,890 times
i think its

UAE (specially cuz of Dubai)
Qatar (becuase of the Fifa WC)
Kuwait (best economy)
Baharain

Old 03-30-2013, 11:18 PM

5 posts, read 6,890 times
i live in UAE, but dont like it much . I have spent approx half my life here living in several of its parts,studying first and now doing job , still dont like it this much!. Sure there is much to enjoy and everything. But you dont feel like home. Its like if you have money, you are king otherwise no1 cares. Plus the rules man o man! so weird rules that you feel like being trapped in a cage or something. Plus they have substituted natural beauty (plains and desert and beautiful mountains) with man-made piece of arts (Burj , and other buildings etc)... All in all what i am saying is its a good place to visit and enjoy but not a good place to live specially for people from sub continent and south east asia. you will never feel like home.no matter how long you live here

Old 11-21-2013, 03:37 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
UAE
Kuwait
Bahrain-Same as Qatar
Qatar-Not much tourism, Income is pretty much oil, no diversification, worst equality for citizens out of all the nation
Interesting! As now that I"ve been to UAE, Qatar, and Oman...I can understand why Qatar is so low! I was least impressed by Qatar of the three. I liked UAE and Oman quite a bit though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
I'm currently working in Saudi and have worked in Kuwait and Dubai and just came back from Doha. Here is how I would rate them:

1. UAE - you can maintain a Westerm lifestyle pretty-much.
2. Bahrain - Just a smaller version of UAE I would say. Not a bad place to party if you're stuck in Saudi and near the causeway (I am).
3. Qatar - I give Qatar edge over Kuwait because you can drink legally in Qatar.
4. Kuwait - a nicer version of Saudi but still no booze, pork, or non-Muslim religion.
Another with Qatar way down there, and makes Bahrain a bit more interesting to me, as I did like UAE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
Yeah UAE is the best in the Middle East and that includes both Abu Dhabi & Dubai...I know guys that prefer Abu Dhabi to Dubai.
I regret having missed seeing Abu Dhabi! That is on the list, if I get another chance!

Old 11-22-2013, 07:48 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Dubai is interesting for a quick visit, but if you like living it up, but I would hate to live there to be honest.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:39 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Dubai is interesting for a quick visit, but if you like living it up, but I would hate to live there to be honest.
I think it might be the best country in the region for 'living it up' though. A bit on the expensive side though.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:15 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I think it might be the best country in the region for 'living it up' though. A bit on the expensive side though.
Oh yeah no doubt...any kind of luxury one could desire. I personally just dislike the harsh desert climate (intolerably hot in summer), the fact everything is so spread out (the metro is new and awesome but still a bit limited), the lack of history/character and the consumerism. There's the small old town by Dubai creek which is more interesting, but that's really it.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:59 AM

9 posts, read 19,879 times
All the mentioned countries and Saudi Arabia have reached developed country level on economic data. None is considered a developed country by the developed western nations and are not given visa-free access to the EU, US, Canada, Australia and NZ.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:18 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanph View Post
All the mentioned countries and Saudi Arabia have reached developed country level on economic data. None is considered a developed country by the developed western nations and are not given visa-free access to the EU, US, Canada, Australia and NZ.
Not true anymore,developed or not,nobody can resist the power of money,they already own so many companies in Europe and around the world,visas have never been a problem for wealthy people,only the poor are subjected to restrictions.

"The British Home Office says visitors from Persian Gulf Arab states of Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will not need visas to enter the UK from next year."

PressTV - UK drops visas for visitors from Oman, Qatar, UAE

Old 01-14-2014, 01:50 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Agree,it's like asking an inuit to live in New york,that would be the end of his lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia