U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 11:36 PM

6,782 posts, read 5,139,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Says a Taiwanese who never missed a chance to smear China.
In fact only you are always arguing with me.

Why are you involved to begin with? You must know the Chinese idiom "a dog who chases rats". Enemy's enemy is a friend? lol
Whenever one of you posts,the thread always turns into a China vs the world arena.I'm so not the only one arguing with you.

I agreed with what Tdiva posted,so I joined,that's all.There's no "enemy's enemy" to begin with.Btw who's the first "enemy" and who's the second "enemy" anyway?Care to explain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 11:53 PM

6,730 posts, read 6,623,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Whenever one of you posts,the thread always turns into a China vs the world arena.I'm so not the only one arguing with you.

I agreed with what Tdiva posted,so I joined,that's all.There's no "enemy's enemy" to begin with.Btw who's the first "enemy" and who's the second "enemy" anyway?Care to explain?
I joined only after that Korean guy posted a bunch of crap attacking Chinese people.
I am not particularly interested in any other thing people say here.

Even IF that Chinese poster is racist, it is his personal view. I am not happy with what that Korean guy said. That is all.
You Taiwanese often badmouth Koreans too (don't assume I do not know), and even more than mainlanders do. East Asians all have nasty things to say about each other. However, that Korean guy started it here. I merely pointed out he is hypocritical this time.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:01 AM

6,782 posts, read 5,139,654 times
Like you know Taiwanese well.
The relations between Taiwan and Korea is nowhere near as bad as the ones between Korea and Japan or Korea and China or China and Japan.Some Taiwanese don't like Korea,but the level of resentment is nowhere near the one in Japan or China.You can ask any Taiwanese or Korean about how they feel about each other.I for one have nothing against the Koreans.

East Asians have nasty things to say about each other,yes I agree,but the one that started the whole racist comment was that 北洋艦隊(what kind of username is this?).He said the whole group of people in SE Asia were brown monkeys,so Tdiva felt disturbed and posted something bad about China to REMIND THE GUY what he said was totally uncalled for and tasteless.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:16 AM

6,730 posts, read 6,623,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Like you know Taiwanese well.
The relations between Taiwan and Korea is nowhere near as bad as the ones between Korea and Japan or Korea and China or China and Japan.Some Taiwanese don't like Korea,but the level of resentment is nowhere near the one in Japan or China.You can ask any Taiwanese or Korean about how they feel about each other.I for one have nothing against the Koreans.

East Asians have nasty things to say about each other,yes I agree,but the one that started the whole racist comment was that 北洋艦隊(what kind of username is this?).He said the whole group of people in SE Asia were brown monkeys,so Tdiva felt disturbed and posted something bad about China to REMIND THE GUY what he said was totally uncalled for and tasteless.
According to you, the best way to "correct" some racist person is to generate a (pretended) racist attack against him? Are you ok if someone "pretends" to insult your parents, for example?

You are not quite right about China vs Korea too. In fact many people in China almost never think about Korea. For those who live in Sichuan or Gansu, Korea is as distant as Pakistan. Most of them have never seen a Korean in their life and do not care what happens there.

Basically two groups of people in China are interested in (South) Korea (1) some nationalists who do not like Koreans, (2) some young people interested in Korean pop culture. Because China has too many people, you can always see some extremist views online. However the truth is the vast majority usually do not think bout Korea, neither positively nor negatively. Japan does have a much stronger influence.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:54 AM

183 posts, read 210,517 times
You still going?
Sweetie I am a girl.
And good that you got offended that I bad mouth China.
See, that is how other people feel whenever your people trash some other country, or in this case, an entire region, so don't take your nationalism to an ugly level.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:01 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,149,962 times
Ahh yes they also say white people as "white monkey" i remember this one well from my china guide.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:06 PM

1,024 posts, read 900,811 times
Speaking of gross, I try to be not so bias.

Chinese may find SEA people gross while eating their meal with their bare hands. I am into this and I enjoy eating my food with my bare hands. I believe, Chinese believes that hands are dirty and must not be used for picking up food.

But me personally, what I find gross about Chinese is their table manners in general. Sorry for the term, but it is comparable to "pig" because of that noise coming out when they eat with their mouth wide open and how they just spit the bones on the table. Not a racist here, infact I love mainland chinese people, they are one of the nicest among other chinese nationalities I've met. But I just can't stand the way they eat, it loses my appetite sorry

Old 06-24-2014, 04:20 PM

1,024 posts, read 900,811 times
Seems like nobody answers the topic.

Here's how I view other SEA people (I'm Filipino):

1. Singaporeans - I find them smart, confident and outspoken. Generally snobbish and cold towards SEA neighbors.
2. Malaysians - just like Singaporeans but less smarter. Malays are friendlier, they know some tagalog words probably because of Filipino TV series being shown in Malaysia.
3. Indonesians - I have few Indonesian friends. They are friendly and love to talk about Indonesia-Philippine cultural similarities. Some of them are extremely smart. Seems like they want to prove something (?)
4. Thais - friendliest and the most hygienic SEA people I met. Too bad, communication is a big barrier.
5. Vietnamese - they are like the China of SEA. Economy is booming. Can't really comment on the people.
6. Laos/Cambodian/Burmese - they are in the same bowl. But we Filipinos are threatened because these are the next nations to overtake Philippines

Old 06-25-2014, 06:07 PM

318 posts, read 408,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Speaking of gross, I try to be not so bias.

Chinese may find SEA people gross while eating their meal with their bare hands. I am into this and I enjoy eating my food with my bare hands. I believe, Chinese believes that hands are dirty and must not be used for picking up food.

But me personally, what I find gross about Chinese is their table manners in general. Sorry for the term, but it is comparable to "pig" because of that noise coming out when they eat with their mouth wide open and how they just spit the bones on the table. Not a racist here, infact I love mainland chinese people, they are one of the nicest among other chinese nationalities I've met. But I just can't stand the way they eat, it loses my appetite sorry
It's most Malays and Indians living in SEA who eat with their bare-hands, I'm talking things like rice with curry and stuff.

It's not just Chinese, Vietnamese too.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:09 PM

318 posts, read 408,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Seems like nobody answers the topic.

Here's how I view other SEA people (I'm Filipino):

1. Singaporeans - I find them smart, confident and outspoken. Generally snobbish and cold towards SEA neighbors.
2. Malaysians - just like Singaporeans but less smarter. Malays are friendlier, they know some tagalog words probably because of Filipino TV series being shown in Malaysia.
3. Indonesians - I have few Indonesian friends. They are friendly and love to talk about Indonesia-Philippine cultural similarities. Some of them are extremely smart. Seems like they want to prove something (?)
4. Thais - friendliest and the most hygienic SEA people I met. Too bad, communication is a big barrier.
5. Vietnamese - they are like the China of SEA. Economy is booming. Can't really comment on the people.
6. Laos/Cambodian/Burmese - they are in the same bowl. But we Filipinos are threatened because these are the next nations to overtake Philippines
Yeah in terms of culture and personality Vietnamese are the most Chinese.

Singaporeans are basically like westerners in terms of personality, a lot of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or