U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Japan - they treat foreigners very respectfully.

Vietnam - like you're a walking ATM machine.

Korea - kind, helpful, honest, give you the umbrella if it's raining.

Malaysia - very kind. Treat you like anybody else.

Thailand - income.
Yes your are right , but what about INDIA ??

Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,384,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
Japan has always been different from most asian countries...whats true for Japan is not true for other countries
Japan definitely does feel like a world unto itself in many ways.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 PM

10,424 posts, read 12,419,193 times
Japan:

Caucasian (Canada, US, Western EU): english teacher/student/representative/entrepreneur
Caucasian (Eastern Europe): bartender/waiter/stripper/prostitute

Black African (Nigeria, Ghana etc.): drug dealer/tout/bouncer/pimp
Black African-American: rapper/athlete/dj

Japanese are so competitive with their strong mentality it's almost impossible for a gaijin who is not an expert or genius to make good money in the day time.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:43 PM

4,811 posts, read 4,438,884 times
What about Latino Americans?

Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,169,523 times
Quote:
for the Philippines it would depend were you were

Mindanao- unwanted...
Most of Visayas- dont care attitude
Manila- everyone is going to crowd all over you...
I liked the people the most in Mindinao. They were the friendlist, and kindest. I recall a couple times where I had street children following me around, and other Mindinao people told them to stop bothering the foreigners.

As opposed to Manila, where is no shame whatsoever in harrassing and following around a foreigner all day long if you wanted. If anyone else saw it, they'd quickly join in, if anything.

In short...

Mindinao - most overlooked, most sincere, most honest, most kind, etc.
Visayas - the gem for traveling, the most to see. People are generally honest, kind, friendly, as well.
Luzon - foreigners are walking ATM machines.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,169,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_cobra1212 View Post
Yes your are right , but what about INDIA ??
I've only been to Mumbai. Generally, it seems that foreigners are walking ATM machines in India. But, first hand experience in Mumbai, I met a lot of great Indian people. It was only near the tourist areas of Mumbai that I felt like I was a walking dollar sign. Everywhere in Mumbai, people just treated me with respect, kindness, etc.

I heard outside of Mumbai, it's pretty much full-on ATM machine though.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:06 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
What about Latino Americans?
Japan has a very large latin american community...most brazilians though

Japanese Samba Carnival in Asakusa,Tokyo - 2009 - YouTube

Old 01-18-2013, 02:07 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I liked the people the most in Mindinao. They were the friendlist, and kindest. I recall a couple times where I had street children following me around, and other Mindinao people told them to stop bothering the foreigners.

As opposed to Manila, where is no shame whatsoever in harrassing and following around a foreigner all day long if you wanted. If anyone else saw it, they'd quickly join in, if anything.

In short...

Mindinao - most overlooked, most sincere, most honest, most kind, etc.
Visayas - the gem for traveling, the most to see. People are generally honest, kind, friendly, as well.
Luzon - foreigners are walking ATM machines.

Visayas and Mindanao share a common cultural bond compared to Manila////we are both provincial people

Old 04-06-2013, 12:27 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,850,272 times
Quote:
Japan has a very large latin american community...most brazilians though

Japanese Samba Carnival in Asakusa,Tokyo - 2009 - YouTube
Because there are so many Japs in Brazil too.. There ste 1.5 million and many were already born there.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:38 AM

110 posts, read 215,673 times
In Singapore - You will be treated with mostly respect, there is an increasing anti-foreign sentiment here but its mostly kept the the forums and aimed at the government and the PRC Chinese which I also find strange since majority of Singaporeans are Chinese.

Malaysia - As a white person they think you have money so will try to charge you extra for everything since I visit frequently its not so much of an issue now but if you have never been although you will be treated with respect you would need to be careful not to be cheated, taxis are a menace.

Thailand - They are nice and friendly overall but on a side note I have seen a few fights here and what I have noticed is that the Thai's will always help the their own regardless of the situation so usually they will just join in and the foreigner will get his ass kicked.

Philippines - Probably the most friendly place I have ever been in the world they even call you sir everywhere you go, English in the Philippines is very high standard even better than in Singapore so its easy to interact with the locals and they like to ask questions its like they are happy that you chose the Philippines to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or