U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 07:52 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,964,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
Well my lineage is jaro iloilo and sibalom antique....i also have some relatives living in bohol
i have no foreign ancestry....definitely no western ancestor...just simple probinsiyanos
How about maybe you have East Asian ancestry?

Old 01-26-2013, 07:59 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,324,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
How about maybe you have East Asian ancestry?
Not that i know of....

Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,352,353 times
Quote:
Not that i know of....
Ultimately, you do, since most Austronesians probably came from/through China. It's all about how far you go back.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 PM

84 posts, read 367,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Ultimately, you do, since most Austronesians probably came from/through China. It's all about how far you go back.
I think the group of people that came from China that far back like 4000-6000 years ago, would no longer represent to the modern day looks of Chinese.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Jack View Post
I think the group of people that came from China that far back like 4000-6000 years ago, would no longer represent to the modern day looks of Chinese.
Those old Chinese descendant of Mestizo de Sangley or better known today as Chinese Mestizos not the recent one don't claim that they are Chinese. But they have Chinese Ancestors.

One of the old Mestizo de Sangley descendants are the Limjoco & Sison
Some of these Mestizo de Sangley intermarried to Filipinos & others. Notice it has always CO at the end of their surname lol Cojuangco, Juatco, Tiangco, Cotengco, Tantoco, Tioseco

These are old Chinese Mestizo descendant who mixed the Philippine population since 17th-18th century or more. Well based also from our history, Chinese already trading in the Philippines even before the Spanish etc. came.

Last edited by pinai; 01-26-2013 at 09:20 PM..

Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Those old Chinese descendant of Mestizo de Sangley or better known today as Chinese Mestizos not the recent one don't claim that they are Chinese. But they have Chinese Ancestors.

One of the old Mestizo de Sangley descendants are the Limjoco & Sison
Some of these Mestizo de Sangley intermarried to Filipinos & others. Notice it has always CO at the end of their surname lol Cojuangco, Juatco, Tiangco, Cotengco, Tantoco, Tioseco

These are old Chinese Mestizo descendant who mixed the Philippine population since 17th-18th century.

Here is a Limjoco

Dad's 90th Bday | Facebook

Family Genealogy of the Limjoco
Ramon Arguelles Limjoco-son of Gregorio Limjoco Sr-> son of Santiago Limjoco of Batangas, Philippines

I read that they have family legend about Lim Ah Hong. The Chinese pirate who came to Northern luzon.
That they are the descendant of Lim Ah Hong (Limjoco)
Limjoco.net->Lim Ah Hong-Chinese corsair-pirate
quite funny that chinese filipinos seem more caucasian looking

Old 01-26-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Well the caucasian looking is recent mixed during the American Occupation? It's on the website, Her name is Helen.

Last edited by pinai; 01-26-2013 at 09:33 PM..

Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,352,353 times
Quote:
Why is this funny? I think SE Asians and NE Asians can look more/less Caucasians in different ways/areas.

I think NE Asians, particularly Japanese, can look almost psuedo-Euro, while full Austronesians are very different from Caucasoids and seldom look 'almost European' IMO, unless they have some Chinese blood or use skin whitening.

Austronesians have larger eyes and double-eyelids more like Caucasians, and deeper set eyes

While Northern Mongoloids have more Caucasoid noses (slimmer, sharper, aside from those mixed with Austros), face shape and skin colour.

Genetically both are probably equally distant from actual Europeans, although some in W. Mongolia, C.Asia and Western China are closer to Europeans than Austronesians.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 AM

55 posts, read 97,567 times
Filipinos really need to stop grasping at the straws trying their hardest to claim E Asian ancestry. Why isn't this a 24 page thread claiming how Filipinos are Melanesian? Which they are because never in my life have I seen a Chinese or Korean with black skin and Afro textured hair. But for Filipinos Afro hair is very common. Stop being ashamed of your roots. DARK BROWN IS BEAUTIFUL!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarah211 View Post
Filipinos really need to stop grasping at the straws trying their hardest to claim E Asian ancestry. Why isn't this a 24 page thread claiming how Filipinos are Melanesian? Which they are because never in my life have I seen a Chinese or Korean with black skin and Afro textured hair. But for Filipinos Afro hair is very common. Stop being ashamed of your roots. DARK BROWN IS BEAUTIFUL!
The average philippine person does not look like that....maybe the manilenos you dumpster dive with look like that..most dont..let me guess your ecperience of the philippines is manila...thats like saying every1 in the usa is black because you only been to harlem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or