U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 02:48 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,384,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
maybe a possibility of both

again its not so easy to claim...oh she is part chinese so thats why she looks chinese

tell me trimac...have you ever seen a nigerian-chinese mix who looks full chinese??
one must look at both sides of the coins before coming with a conclusion
Well either that are an awful number of Chinese women wear the headscarves, which I'm not aware of, because many women wearing headscarves in Singapore could be Chinese (by looks), although I've heard many of them speaking Malay. A few could be converts, but I'm assuming most are Malay. Some of the men too wearing their Islamic caps.

Of course not, a Malay-Chinese mix isn't as obvious. Some wouldn't consider it 'interracial.' My cousin is half Malay and he could go either way.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:57 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Well either that are an awful number of Chinese women wear the headscarves, which I'm not aware of, because many women wearing headscarves in Singapore could be Chinese (by looks), although I've heard many of them speaking Malay. A few could be converts, but I'm assuming most are Malay. Some of the men too wearing their Islamic caps.

Of course not, a Malay-Chinese mix isn't as obvious. Some wouldn't consider it 'interracial.' My cousin is half Malay and he could go either way.
thats what Im trying to say...within the malay-EA scope in Southeast Asia its not so easy to know who is who
thats why I dont believe in this malay race crap.....
or nautpongs dumass theory of ethnic thai being racially EA and the rest of SEA does not..considering I have seen indonesians who look more EA then some of those true northern thai he talks about lol

the only race that is tellable in SEAsia are negritos and the hybrids that came from them.....
pretty much how your able to tell a nigerian-chinese halfbreed from a full chinese...but southern chinese dont look that different from northern chinese

Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,003,989 times
Quote:
that is just 1 example

there are some psuedo-EA looking visayans who have both parents looking malay

eh that video just shows the diversity within Samar....you would have a different diversity in manila though
Samar is Eastern Visayas, where you say it's typical for people to look East Asian. The video shows that East Asian isn't the typical look, but it's still present. And the same diversity is in his Manila video

Should the Philippines be a U.S. State? - YouTube

The main difference is there are more Chinese-looking people because it's a bigger city. This guy annoys me btw.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Samar is Eastern Visayas, where you say it's typical for people to look East Asian. The video shows that East Asian isn't the typical look, but it's still present. And the same diversity is in his Manila video

Should the Philippines be a U.S. State? - YouTube

The main difference is there are more Chinese-looking people because it's a bigger city. This guy annoys me btw.
notice how the EA looking people looks to be from upperclass in the manila video

just saying

Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 AM

Quote:
thats what Im trying to say...within the malay-EA scope in Southeast Asia its not so easy to know who is who
thats why I dont believe in this malay race crap.....
or nautpongs dumass theory of ethnic thai being racially EA and the rest of SEA does not..considering I have seen indonesians who look more EA then some of those true northern thai he talks about lol

the only race that is tellable in SEAsia are negritos and the hybrids that came from them.....
pretty much how your able to tell a nigerian-chinese halfbreed from a full chinese...but southern chinese dont look that different from northern chinese
All Asian groups aren't all that different. That's why they have the 'mongoloid' grouping. Most SE Asian groups migrated out of China starting about 10,000 years ago, with many in the last 2,000 years, the most recent being the Hmong barely 200 years ago. I remember old anthropologists talking about the Javanese and about how oriental they were, like their eyes and stuff, which I thought was surprising since I thought they would generally have 'rounder' eyes. Also regarding Thais, it's funny but compared to Saigon I actually thought more Thais had small eyes, in Bangkok at least, maybe it's the Chinese ancestry but a lot of Thais and Cambodians do look this way.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 AM

Quote:
notice how the EA looking people looks to be from upperclass in the manila video

just saying
yeah of course. And most of them are speaking English too. Filipinos of Chinese-descent are upper-class all over the Philippines, they own the Philippines. And that goes for the Visayas too. In the Samar video, the ones that could maybe pass as Chinese usually looked more well-off

Filipinos try to pronounce an American's Name - YouTube

but of course, not as well-off like the ones in Manila because Samar is one of the poorest places in the Philippines.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 AM

Quote:
yeah of course. And most of them are speaking English too. Filipinos of Chinese-descent are upper-class all over the Philippines, they own the Philippines. And that goes for the Visayas too. In the Samar video, the ones that could maybe pass as Chinese usually looked more well-off

Filipinos try to pronounce an American's Name - YouTube

but of course, not as well-off like the ones in Manila because Samar is one of the poorest places in the Philippines.
the ones in samar didnt look well off at all...the ones in samar all seem to be the same economic status
but I guess someone who looks EA would turn off a looks rich alarm to you since your from an area of the Philippines were someone who looks EA would more then likey come from a rich urban background

the ones in Manila you could see were well off...looks like the guy was taping them in front of one of the more affluent places in manila

Old 01-18-2013, 03:58 AM

Quote:
the ones in samar didnt look well off at all...the ones in samar all seem to be the same economic status
but I guess someone who looks EA would turn off a looks rich alarm to you since your from an area of the Philippines were someone who looks EA would more then likey come from a rich urban background

the ones in Manila you could see were well off...looks like the guy was taping them in front of one of the more affluent places in manila
It's relative. Like I said, it's one of the poorest places in the Philippines, so even the well-off people aren't that well-off. And what does it matter anyway? You always try to convince us that the Visayas has people who typically look more East Asian, but only a couple people in that video even look close to East Asian. So 75% of the people in the video are ethnic minorities?

Old 01-18-2013, 04:17 AM

Quote:
It's relative. Like I said, it's one of the poorest places in the Philippines, so even the well-off people aren't that well-off. And what does it matter anyway? You always try to convince us that the Visayas has people who typically look more East Asian, but only a couple people in that video even look close to East Asian. So 75% of the people in the video are ethnic minorities?
I said east asian look would be more common in visayas then in southern luzon/Greater Metro Manila
like you said EA looking people in Manila are only found amongst the upperclass...

okay Im going to try to be more simple for you
I consider the true manilenos to be not even malay(western indonesians, peninsular malays)....they seem to be more melanesian in phenotype

while visayans range from looking malay to EA...regardless of economic class

old filipino movie about eastern visayan family- anak ni waray

Last edited by ejay1; 01-18-2013 at 04:58 AM..

Old 01-18-2013, 04:27 AM

Some Javanese people:

Java 2009 - Javanese People photos on Fotopedia - Images for Humanity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or