U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 08:08 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,669,994 times

Advertisements

My goodness! Enough already of this nonsense. With millions of Filipinos overseas, it's not like people outside the Philippines have never seen Filipinos that we have to resort to all these photo posting nonsense.

I could care less if the people from Antique or the entire island of Panay do in fact have lighter skin than the other Filipinos. I haven't noticed it, but so what if it is true? I don't care if it's because the Spanish priests there raped all the women in the island, there were more Chinese admixture there, or they're all descendants of Datu Puti from Borneo who probably had fairer skin based on his name. It really doesn't matter.

ejay1 and clarah211 probably should just post their own photos here. We can recommend what type of cosmetic surgery both of you can undergo so you will never be mistaken for Manileño or Vietnamese respectively.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:08 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,967,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarah211 View Post

The one on the left and right look very Pinay.

Anyways this what we call misrepresentation because the majority of native Filipinos do not attend college. They would rather hang in Subic Bay trying to hustle GI Joes for green cards and a few pesos.
lol... are you sure about that. We are more than 100 Million, any source?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:11 PM

55 posts, read 97,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
My goodness! Enough already of this nonsense. With millions of Filipinos overseas, it's not like people outside the Philippines have never seen Filipinos that we have to resort to all these photo posting nonsense.

I could care less if the people from Antique or the entire island of Panay do in fact have lighter skin than the other Filipinos. I haven't noticed it, but so what if it is true? I don't care if it's because the Spanish priests there raped all the women in the island, there were more Chinese admixture there, or they're all descendants of Datu Puti from Borneo who probably had fairer skin based on his name. It really doesn't matter.

ejay1 and clarah211 probably should just post their own photos here. We can recommend what type of cosmetic surgery both of you can undergo so you will never be mistaken for Manileño or Vietnamese respectively.
It is considered an insult to be mistaken for a Vietnamese or Filipino.

My friend once introduced me to her American born Vietnamese friend. When I first met her I knew immediately she wasn't Korean, Chinese, or Japanese. It turns out she was Vietnamese. I can tell, just like with Filipinos, if someone is South East "Asian." They have a very distinct Negrito/mixed Negrito look to them.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:19 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,326,592 times
Quote:

My friend once introduced me to her American born Vietnamese friend. When I first met her I knew immediately she wasn't Korean, Chinese, or Japanese. It turns out she was Vietnamese. I can tell, just like with Filipinos, if someone is South East "Asian." They have a very distinct Negrito/mixed Negrito look to them.
yup so distinctive

yup this filipina sure does look negrito
[Mod cut: copyrighted picture]

Last edited by elnina; 01-27-2013 at 10:25 PM..

Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 PM
kyh

383 posts, read 1,062,359 times
Quote:

The one on the left and right look very Pinay.

Anyways this what we call misrepresentation because the majority of native Filipinos do not attend college. They would rather hang in Subic Bay trying to hustle GI Joes for green cards and a few pesos.
Care to explain your definition of native Filipinos? The negritos? The Tagalogs? The Visayans? The Bajaus? The Tausugs? The Marawis?

And you seem to know Philippines - since you've mentioned about Subic Bay and places like that (which rarely gets mentioned by non-Filipinos, not even me) - is it by any chance that you are a Filipino yourself, who happens to live in America?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
yup so distinctive

yup this filipina sure does look negrito

Henry Sy moved to PH when he was 11 years old. Does that mean he's Filipino???

If I move to France does that mean I'm white all of a sudden?

There are white and black people living in Hong Kong - are they now CHINESE???

Last edited by elnina; 01-27-2013 at 10:24 PM..

Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,326,592 times
Quote:

nobody mentioned henry sy

according to you...this filipina looks negrito...because all filipinas look negrito...according to you

Old 01-27-2013, 08:36 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,669,994 times
Quote:

You have serious issues.

I don't think it's an insult to say one looks like Angela Phuong Trinh, in fact, I prefer how she looks compared to the celebrities from mainland China.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:38 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,967,579 times
Quote:

The question is Henry Sy MIGHT be a descendant of a Mestizo de Sangley, He wasn't born in the Philippines
but there might be a chance that he is a descendant.

Just like Jesus Tambunting

Old 01-27-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
You have serious issues.

I don't think it's an insult to say one looks like Angela Phuong Trinh, in fact, I prefer how she looks compared to the celebrities from mainland China.
You may not, but I know many others who do find it insulting. Anyways, I prefer how East Asian celebs look. I do not like the prehistoric look that many Vietnamese women have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or