U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 09:10 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,324,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarah211 View Post
I can tell when a Filipino is mixed but I'm not rude about it like many Hong Kong people can be. If I can tell I guarantee you that they can tell. Ejay1 is really setting himself up for a life of cruelty in HK. They can be ruthless and very mean. I have no problem with Filipinos even though the overwhelming majority of them have been really rude towards me. During the summer I was at Jollibee here in NY, with my dad, and the people there were giving me rude looks and being very mean. And this big Negrita Pinay was yelling at me that I was taking too long in the wrong. All I wanted was a nice two piece. My dad wanted a hamburger.

Ejay1 keeps harping that Filipinos are of East Asian ancestry and that they can pass as Chinese even though the native Filipinos are of Negrito ancestry. The better question would be though - can they pass in Japan or Korea? There are Koreans that can pass as Chinese. Chinese that can pass as Korean. Japanese that can pass as Korean. The reason why because they all come from the same RACE (there are three major races of man - negroid, mongloid, and causcoid).

Anyways, if you think Hong Kong Chinese people are bad - Koreans are the worst. Hong Kong people may talk behind your back and just be an azz. Koreans though will straight up not even give you service. They won't even speak to you.
lol first you live in california...now your in new york?? set your story straight pls

Old 01-27-2013, 09:12 PM

55 posts, read 97,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
Actually when the last time when I was in Hong Kong after a week long vacation without sunscreen in Taiwan and growing up in southern California, I was mistaken for a filipina or SE Asian for more than a few time until they look at my features, then they start wondering if I was a Chinese mainlander (who couldn't even speak Mandarin well without a give away Hong Kong accent ) who didn't shower.

Unless one of my grandmothers had a little extramarital fun somewhere, I'm pretty sure I'm more of a Hong Konger by blood and birth than people whose grandparents moved there from Taishan and elsewhere.

Personally, I think Hong Konger and Taiwanese and probably lots of East Asians have taken sniffing out the foreigner to the level of witch hunting.
Lmfao, I'm sorry but I just find this whole story funny.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I can tell when a Filipino is mixed but I'm not rude about it like many Hong Kong people can be. If I can tell I guarantee you that they can tell. Ejay1 is really setting himself up for a life of cruelty in HK. They can be ruthless and very mean. I have no problem with Filipinos even though the overwhelming majority of them have been really rude towards me. During the summer I was at Jollibee here in NY, with my dad, and the people there were giving me rude looks and being very mean. And this big Negrita Pinay was yelling at me that I was taking too long in the wrong. All I wanted was a nice two piece. My dad wanted a hamburger.

Ejay1 keeps harping that Filipinos are of East Asian ancestry and that they can pass as Chinese even though the native Filipinos are of Negrito ancestry. The better question would be though - can they pass in Japan or Korea? There are Koreans that can pass as Chinese. Chinese that can pass as Korean. Japanese that can pass as Korean. The reason why because they all come from the same RACE (there are three major races of man - negroid, mongloid, and causcoid).

Anyways, if you think Hong Kong Chinese people are bad - Koreans are the worst. Hong Kong people may talk behind your back and just be an azz. Koreans though will straight up not even give you service. They won't even speak to you.

half japanese-half filipinas could definitely pass in japan

dont know about amy chua though...she definitely doesnt look korean or japanese

Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
lol first you live in california...now your in new york?? set your story straight pls
It's called traveling and moving. I know you Filipinos would know nothing about that because that would require more than the 2 pesos a day that you get from hustling in Subic Bay. Maybe work harder trying to get at these GI Joes and you'll be able to enjoy the finer things in life.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
It's called traveling and moving. I know you Filipinos would know nothing about that because that would require more than the 2 pesos a day that you get more hustling in Subic Bay. Maybe work harder trying to get at these GI Joes and you'll be able to enjoy the finer things in life.
lmao I have never been to subic bay...most filipinos have never been there...so I wouldnt know what you are talking about

Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
half japanese-half filipinas could definitely pass in japan

dont know about amy chua though...she definitely doesnt look korean or japanese
LOL. I'm sorry but if you think a Pinay can pass as Japanese you are really in for a very very rude awakening. Hong Kong Chinese can be rude as **** - I'll admit that. But Koreans and Japanese take it to a whole different level.

Can these Pinoys pass as Korean? The Pinoy father has a very common Pinoy look. Dark brown skin, frizzy afro hair, and a very African looking nose.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:22 PM

Here is a mixed Chinese/Pinay baby. I can tell you immediately this child is mixed. What gives it away is the afro textured hair and wide set nose. Also the shape of the face is completely off and looks very Negrito (the shape of the face). The only thing Chinese baby about this baby is its light complexion.

A friend of mine has a Japanese coworker. We were gossiping and he was remarking on how brown Hispanic the kid looked. The mixed East Asian/Negrito Filipinos I see usually look very Hispanic or mulatto black. Very prehistoric.

Here's a mixed Pinay baby. She looks very Hispanic/Negrito.

Compare that baby to this one.

Anyways, there's nothing wrong with being Negrito. Be brown and PROUD!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:

Here is a mixed Chinese/Pinay baby. I can tell you immediately this child is mixed. What gives it away is the afro textured hair and wide set nose. Also the shape of the face is completely off and looks very Negrito (the shape of the face). The only thing Chinese baby about this baby is its light complexion.

Compare that baby to this one.

Anyways, there's nothing wrong with being Negrito. Be brown and PROUD!

the baby is a spanish-chinese-filipino baby ..baby looks more mestizo then anything else

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jae_nj/2234005972/
half puerto rican half filipino...what did you expect her to look like??
most likely a manileno parent by the looks of the kid

Old 01-27-2013, 09:28 PM

1,761 posts, read 6,965,031 times
There are some Filipino than can or may pass as one in East Asia

Alodia Gosiengfiao

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6149/6...a57d2711_z.jpg

Both Chinese Mestizo descendant.

her sister Ashley Gosiengfiao

http://doradoha.files.wordpress.com/...hley.jpg?w=640

Old 01-27-2013, 09:28 PM
kyh

383 posts, read 1,061,681 times
That reminds me of something...

I was in Myanmar for a two-weeks vacation and I met this Japanese dude at the bus terminal. We didn't really talk there but after we arrived at our destination, we warmed up and chatted. He told me he thought I was a Japanese and had wanted to speak Japanese to me (kinda amusing since I don't think I look Japanese in any way, and am slightly tanned too), while I thought he was a local Burmese since he was so tanned and had this rather rugged look lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or