U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2013, 01:54 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,005,408 times
Reputation: 1798

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
maybe it has to do with the fact that Samar is near micronesia....maybe Samar has taken in some micronesian settlers
the only guy who could blend in was guy in 51

but in all honesty most visayans dont look micronesian


A DAY IN THE LIFE- DECEMBER 24,2012 - YouTube


and many tagalogs do look like melanesians
Yes, Samar is near Micronesia, so you would expect them to look closer to Micronesian, not East Asian like you said.

And I asked you to show me in the Manila video, which people look Melanesian (black) since you claimed that non-upper-class Manila people look Melanesian, so where are they in the video? Which ones even look Micronesian? I think maybe one, but I'm not even sure.

 
Old 01-18-2013, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,327,091 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Yes, Samar is near Micronesia, so you would expect them to look closer to Micronesian, not East Asian like you said.

And I asked you to show me in the Manila video, which people look Melanesian (black) since you claimed that non-upper-class Manila people look Melanesian, so where are they in the video? Which ones even look Micronesian? I think maybe one, but I'm not even sure.
considering everyone in that video looked to be filmed in the more suburban side of manila...I shall have to say none.....

I expect samar to have some micronesian migrants...though the majority of eastern visayas is still non-micronesian looking..most of the people in your samar video did not look micronesian

this woman from eastern visayas sure as hell doesnt look micronesian


neither do they

Last edited by ejay1; 01-18-2013 at 02:17 PM..
 
Old 01-18-2013, 06:34 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,403,340 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This girl looks more Chinese than most Chinese (if that makes sense lol). Obviously mixed. I highly doubt any native Filipino can get as pale as the Muslim woman.
That is a Chinese girl in the photo, isn't it ejay?
 
Old 01-18-2013, 06:35 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,005,408 times
Reputation: 1798
^ There were obvious slums in the background of the video, not all nice suburban niehgborhoods. Yes, the nicer parts had Chinese-looking people as expected. But the people in the slums didn't look Melanesian. They looked Southeast Asian.

And those weren't Micronesian immigrants. I've never heard of Micronesians immigrating to the Philippines. Since Samar is close to Micronesia, you'd expect the native people to look similar because people dont just abruptly change phenotype unless they were affected by large scale immigration or slavery, or if one group was isolated from the other. That's not the case here because Micronesians came from the Philippines. Mindanao's native people look like people on Sulawesi, and some look like Moluccans because those areas are close to it. And people in the North Philippines look like Taiwanese Aborigines. You dont see abrupt changes in phenotype in this region, usually

And even if you dont think they look Micronesian, they sure as hell dont look like the pics you always post. Notice how you post the same ones over again, including the ones you just posted.

Western Visayas


Eastern Visayas


And if you say something like "they're just tanned versions of the pics I post" Well then why the hell don't you post tan people? That's more typical of the region than the people you post over and over.

Last edited by Smtchll; 01-18-2013 at 06:43 PM..
 
Old 01-18-2013, 06:40 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,403,340 times
Reputation: 11862
This is obvious pt 2 of the thread that got closed. Not sure if I'll get a straight answer but why are y'all arguing so much? The Philippines seems to have a very interesting mix of humanity, it would be great to visit one day. It's a pity that some people consider others lesser just because of their genes, it's so silly.
 
Old 01-18-2013, 06:43 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,005,408 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This is obvious pt 2 of the thread that got closed. Not sure if I'll get a straight answer but why are y'all arguing so much? The Philippines seems to have a very interesting mix of humanity, it would be great to visit one day. It's a pity that some people consider others lesser just because of their genes, it's so silly.
I agree. The whole point of him making this thread was to show that Visayans look like Southern Chinese, when most of them dont. Most Filipinos (doesnt matter which part of the country) could not blend-in in Southern China.
 
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,403,340 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I agree. The whole point of him making this thread was to show that Visayans look like Southern Chinese, when most of them dont. Most Filipinos (doesnt matter which part of the country) could not blend-in in Southern China.
I'm sure many Chinese have settled there long enough and consider themselves Visayans. Isn't the fact they can live in harmony a good thing? Who cares how long you've been in a place, humans always move around. It's just a matter of relativity. We all came from the same place. In fact we all come from a point small than this full stop. Yes, hard to believe, we are all a global family in the literal sense whether we like it or not and we better learn to get along for our own sakes!
 
Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,327,091 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
That is a Chinese girl in the photo, isn't it ejay?
no
 
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,403,340 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
no
And how would you know that?
 
Old 01-18-2013, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,327,091 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
^ There were obvious slums in the background of the video, not all nice suburban niehgborhoods. Yes, the nicer parts had Chinese-looking people as expected. But the people in the slums didn't look Melanesian. They looked Southeast Asian.

And those weren't Micronesian immigrants. I've never heard of Micronesians immigrating to the Philippines. Since Samar is close to Micronesia, you'd expect the native people to look similar because people dont just abruptly change phenotype unless they were affected by large scale immigration or slavery, or if one group was isolated from the other. That's not the case here because Micronesians came from the Philippines. Mindanao's native people look like people on Sulawesi, and some look like Moluccans because those areas are close to it. And people in the North Philippines look like Taiwanese Aborigines. You dont see abrupt changes in phenotype in this region, usually

And even if you dont think they look Micronesian, they sure as hell dont look like the pics you always post. Notice how you post the same ones over again, including the ones you just posted.

Western Visayas


Eastern Visayas


And if you say something like "they're just tanned versions of the pics I post" Well then why the hell don't you post tan people? That's more typical of the region than the people you post over and over.
the western visayan pic you posted is actually eastern visayan..not like it matters since you always seem to mix things up

lol and what is cherry picking doing for you?? ...posting chinese-filipino upperclass rich people to prove that native manilenos dont look melanesian hybrid??

LOL in visayas you have siblings where one does not look chinese at all and the other one does

which would be impossible in manila....due to the fact that many of them are actually melanesian hybrids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top