U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,730 times
Reputation: 129

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
yeah there are less beggars in Iloilo than Manila because there are 12 million people in Manila compared to 500,000 in Iloilo.

And they were not clearly from the same social class because I don't equate someone living on the sidewalk with someone who is clearly not living on a sidewalk. If you had a picture of her eating dinner on a sidewalk, then I'd say they were from the same social class.
why dont you compare the manila guy to him then.....they must be of the same social status if he is eating his dinner on the sidewalk
http://www.thestrokers.com/images/Ca...n_Sidewalk.JPG

or better yet

compare
http://www.pbase.com/image/61886840/original.jpg
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...s.cityroom.jpg

are they the same race due to social standing??

 
Old 02-19-2013, 02:28 PM
 
Location: In the heights
22,123 posts, read 23,642,005 times
Reputation: 11611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
because Im a realist...I speak about what I see

some people look through the world in rose colored glasses...

to someone like Smtchl...he would believe Michael Jackson would pass as a native in Sweden

why?? he only believes in black and white

to him there is no difference between
Vietnamese God: Kids In Ha Long Bay

and

HowStuffWorks "What was Australia's Stolen Generation?"
You mean you're a real racist because you really do believe the stuff you say? Awesome!
 
Old 02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,730 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
You mean you're a real racist because you really do believe the stuff you say? Awesome!
wrong again
a racist believes one race is superior to another....

a realist just knows how to tell an orange from an apple
 
Old 02-19-2013, 02:42 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,998,915 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
why dont you compare the manila guy to him then.....they must be of the same social status if he is eating his dinner on the sidewalk
http://www.thestrokers.com/images/Ca...n_Sidewalk.JPG

or better yet

compare
http://www.pbase.com/image/61886840/original.jpg
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...s.cityroom.jpg

are they the same race due to social standing??
I dont even know what we're talking about anymore. So pointless

Please lay out exactly what you're trying to argue overall
 
Old 02-19-2013, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,324,730 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I dont even know what we're talking about anymore. So pointless

Please lay out exactly what you're trying to argue overall
Im calling you out on your ignorance to think that someone form a lower class would not be able to graduate school

you think race in Philippines is due to social standing

your an elitist

do you even know there is an aeta member in the Philippine congress???
 
Old 02-19-2013, 04:06 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 8,998,915 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
Im calling you out on your ignorance to think that someone form a lower class would not be able to graduate school

you think race in Philippines is due to social standing

your an elitist

do you even know there is an aeta member in the Philippine congress???
I said lay out what you're arguing overall, don't tell me what I'm arguing, I'll tell you.

I simply said that I personally don't equate someone living on a sidewalk to someone who graduated college. I guess that makes me crazy... I'm sure your cousin would be thrilled to know that you said that she's from the same socioeconomic class as the Manila guy living on the sidewalk. NO ONE buys that they are from the same social class. Coming from humble beginnings (like most Filipinos) isn't the same class as someone who is homeless.

All I was saying is it's clearly not a good comparison. Like Kyh said before, compare college grads to college grads, homeless people to homeless people, etc. That's much easier than posting a college grad and then explaining later that they were homeless and living on a sidewalk just like the Manila guy you always post. Not sure why thats hard to understand, but again, maybe we're crazy.

And no, phenotype doesn't determine someone's social class in the Philippines because it's not an apartheid state, but there is correlation. Everyone knows that Negritos are very economically disadvantaged and that Chinese control the wealth. If you cant agree with that, then we cant continue this conversation. You cant honestly tell me that they're on the same socioeconomic level. No, they're not STUCK in those classes. It's not a Hindu caste system. They can go up or down. And there are always exceptions. There are lots of poor people who look East Asian and wealthy people who look Australoid. How many times have I explained this point?
 
Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
 
1,099 posts, read 1,668,250 times
Reputation: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
okay I give up....we are all the same.....happy??....lol

Philippines is just one big mega race that goes from completely black looking to completely EA looking
And I thought you meant this post! Good thing I waited before increasing your rep.
 
Old 08-11-2013, 09:23 PM
 
5 posts, read 20,571 times
Reputation: 14
MNL is better tha JKT.

MAKATI, METRO MANILA
PHILIPPINES





MNL has the best CBD in ASEAn. It can be mistaken as major North American City.
 
Old 08-11-2013, 09:28 PM
 
5 posts, read 20,571 times
Reputation: 14
METRO MANILA, PHILIPPINES



 
Old 08-27-2013, 10:30 PM
 
31 posts, read 89,228 times
Reputation: 51
I'd love to hear more from the Jakartan side, and please someone, anyone, post pics of jakarta for a fair comparison.

Let's get on topic guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top