Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 04:36 PM

68 posts, read 215,551 times

Advertisements

Juanda Airport Terminal 2, Surabaya

Sultan Syarif Kasim, Pekanbaru

Samarinda Intl. Airport, Borneo (still under construction)

Old 07-03-2014, 04:45 PM

Depati Amir Airport, Bangka Belitung (under construction)

Haluleo Airport, Kendari

Old 07-03-2014, 04:55 PM

Jakarta Supertall

Signature Tower. 638 meters.
Unfortunately its taking forever for this tower to start u/c.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:58 PM

Jakarta Pertamina Tower 530 meters, 99 floors. (looks like a cross between a vagina and penis. lol.)

Old 07-03-2014, 05:15 PM

Jakarta's City Rail Network may not look like much, but its a very extensive metro rail network and does its job quite effectively connecting Jakarta with its surrounding suburbs.

Map:

Last edited by indoberry; 07-03-2014 at 05:29 PM..

Old 07-03-2014, 05:52 PM

Java's Railway Network is the most extensive in the country. Connecting Jakarta with all other parts of Java.

Map (the entire Java network):

New First Class Train

Cirebon Station

Surabaya Commuter Train Network

Old 07-03-2014, 06:50 PM

Jakarta Highway System

Map (for future expansion plan. No. 1 & 2 are finished. No. 10 is nearing completion. The yellow ones are already operational)

Jakarta Inner Ring Road

Jakarta Outer Ring Road

Airport Road

Jakarta - Cikampek Highway to Central Java and Bandung

Jakarta - Merat Highway to Sumatra

Jakarta - Bogor Highway

Old 07-03-2014, 11:15 PM

282 posts, read 707,949 times
Nice update for INDONESIA! Hats off Indoberry

Though if we may limit to just our capital region. this is Jakarta vs Manila. I understand you have a lot of development too in your country as we do.. I limit my posting here just to keep the thread fair. Good that you got those skyscrapers now, but we are discussing about the density of skyscrapers around the 2 metros, as a simple barometer @ 50fls and up. you may refer to my links, you can count if you wish too.

Wait for my updates if you wanna see other developments outside of metro manila as well, I will give a neck and neck images compilation. about airports outside of the metro, highways, ports, destinations etc. but not here, I've created new threads just to keep this thread objective

re: train, yes you might have the longest line but i find those coasters a bit old, and i believe some are diesel powered like our provincial trains too... though huge, and I appreciate the images again. any update on your metro system? its about time for Indonesia to have those, as we have those since 1981, though not that super modern as the Japan's JR subways.. I seen some images of monorail prototype for Jakarta btw..

Also our train are these: a traditional active trains @ around 500kms more or less in south of metro manila (provincial), the old system in the north were destroyed and not operational now a days (around 250kms), then a newly approved metro system for davao city in Mindanao, just don't know how long..(provincial line).

Goin back to the capital region metro system of around 150kms with some subway stations, plus ongoing experimental monorails around the metro (metro manila). not to include other proposed and APPROVED metro system trains going outside of metro manila.

Goin back to thread discussion, I'm inviting you to share your analysis on the matters, standards of living, skyline, if you could share us details on the condominiums in Jakarta, etc about your City please! I've posted my comparative study regarding GDP of the 2 metropolis.

Terima Kasih boss!

Old 07-04-2014, 01:28 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoberry View Post
Jakarta Pertamina Tower 530 meters, 99 floors. (looks like a cross between a vagina and penis. lol.)
nice pics,Don't Forget . 5-6-7 years Jakarta will have tool land transportation a that is super fast or the best, like MRT, Subway, Train quickly ( Jakarta-Surabaya, Jakarta - Bandung ) and Monorail,^^^^

Old 07-04-2014, 03:41 AM

Thanks Rajko

I don't think 500 kms is a good length for a train system. Indonesia's trainsets are continually being renewed with newer trains and I find the executive trains here to be one of the best in Southeast Asia. Java had just finished double-tracking over 1000 kms of line from Jakarta to Surabaya and several train route development is being started in Sumatra, Sulawesi and Borneo.

I don't understand why density of skyscrapers matter? Is having a taller skyscraper means having more development? Focusing on Manila versus Jakarta is a bit problematic to me, because Manila has 40% of the Phils GDP, while Jakarta has a little less than 15% of Indos GDP. Our economy is much more spread out. But we received 18 billion dollars of FDI for two years in a row, while the Phil received the lowest FDI amongst the ASEAN 6 right? Indonesia have a larger industrialized economy. For instance, our car industry produces over 1 million cars every year (next to Thailand in Southeast Asia), while the Phils is the smallest among the ASEAN 5, I think producing only 70.000 cars each year.

I will show some other infrastructural photos and perhaps also some of the skyscraper clusters being developed in Jakarta. Skyscraper development in Jakarta is not centralized into districts, so it looks a bit widespread. But later, I'm a bit busy at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia