U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2013, 11:06 AM
 
55 posts, read 97,654 times
Reputation: 18

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Hmm...I've spent time in both cities....and I'm a 1st world person.

Manila has a running sewage system.

Manila slums - YouTube

Are you sure about that?

 
Old 01-27-2013, 05:14 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,002,580 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
I dont think you get it....they are different because they are of a different race....not because of economic differences....lmao
the reason those ati descent people look similar to tagalogs is bevause they are ati descent...just brcause you found out how to cherrypick proves nothing
No, you dont get it. It's not that Tagalogs are more Negrito overall and Visayans are more East Asian. That's what you want to believe. In both places, the wealthier people are usually more East Asian and the poor people are usually more Negrito/other Australoid. It's not always the case though. That's why it was so easy to find pics of poor Visayan who looked just like the sidewalk Manileno pic that you love to use over and over again as a typical Manileno. Notice that I never have to use the same pics twice. I've probably posted 30 different images and you always have some excuse

And it's not cherrypicking. Look at this dude's album from Iloilo. He's from Iloilo. See the diverse looks? You have a couple real Atis, some people who you think look Ati (but theyre really just lowlanders who are poor), some Malay types, and some East Asian types. His family in particular looks more East Asian, but there are diverse looks with the other people. Is he cherrpicking, or is it you? I see a big difference in the pics you post here and the pics he has. You post 1 type all the time. So who's cherrypicking??????
 
Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
No, you dont get it. It's not that Tagalogs are more Negrito overall and Visayans are more East Asian. That's what you want to believe. In both places, the wealthier people are usually more East Asian and the poor people are usually more Negrito/other Australoid blood. It's not always the case though. That's why it was so easy to find pics of poor Visayan who looked just like the sidewalk Manileno pic that you love to use over and over again as a typical Manileno. Notice that I never have to use the same pics twice. I've probably posted 30 different images and you always have some excuse

And it's not cherrypicking. Look at this dude's album from Iloilo. He's from Iloilo. See the diverse looks? You have a couple real Atis, some people who you think look Ati (but theyre really just lowlanders who are poor), some Malay types, and some East Asian types. His family in particular looks more East Asian, but there are diverse looks with the other people. Is he cherrpicking, or is it you? I see a big difference in the pics you post here and the pics he has. So who's cherrypicking??????
again thats onyy your perception that economic situation can change your race

atis and people who look ati are both ati descent....racially different from malay and east asian types
you have some mixed ati living in town...begging for money..yea they live with lowlanders...but they are not racially lowlanders....its like a mullato moving into a white neighborhood...he may be accepted by the community...but you can still tell he isnt exactly the same race....'since the poorest people in Iloilo are ati descent people....in iloilo these ati and their hybrid descandants can be seen peddling for money
so please stop using ati mixed minorities in visayas to prove there is no difference with manilenos...if ati hybrids were 90% majority over malay and EA types then you can use it as part of your argument...but they are not...he probably took pictures of those people because they looked interesting as they stood out...durr

difference is I posted a picture of my cousin...and you posted ati people...who is the one cherry picking now??

regular people in western visayas San Jose Antique (its not even a city...its a freaking rice field farmers village)



regular people in streets of Manila




no bias group shots here

Last edited by ejay1; 01-27-2013 at 05:34 PM..
 
Old 01-27-2013, 05:44 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,002,580 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
again thats onyy your perception that economic situation can change your race

atis and people who look ati are both ati descent....racially different from malay and east asian types
you have some mixed ati living in town...begging for money..yea they live with lowlanders...but they are not racially lowlanders....its like a mullato moving into a white neighborhood...he may be accepted by the community...but you can still tell he isnt exactly the same race....'since the poorest people in Iloilo are ati descent people....in iloilo these ati and their hybrid descandants can be seen peddling for money
so please stop using ati mixed minorities in visayas to prove there is no difference with manilenos...if ati hybrids were 90% majority over malay and EA types then you can use it as part of your argument...but they are not...he probably took pictures of those people because they looked interesting as they stood out...durr

difference is I posted a picture of my cousin...and you posted ati people...who is the one cherry picking now??
You always come up with some BS excuse. E-mail him and tell him to stop taking pictures of the "racially inferior ethnic minorities" in your province. He clearly knew the difference between the real Atis, because he labeled them as such, and the regular lowlanders. He's from Iloilo, so dont claim that he's an ignorant foreigner

Like the poor in the Visayas, the poor in Manila probably have more Negrito blood. But regular people in Manila have a mix of looks. You're trying to convince us that the average person in Manila looks like the person on the sidewalk. If that's the case, then why cant you find a group pic of a bunch of Manilenos who look like him???? You still havent. Even the little girl next to him doesn't look like him. You havent convinced anyone that the average Manileno looks like the sidewalk dude and the average Visayan looks like your cousin. You have convinced NO ONE. So you pretty much failed at your job. Go somewhere else.


Most of these people would stand out in East Asia. Sorry bout it...


There are 4 people looking at the camera in this pic and none look Negrito, at all. They have dark skin, but that's it. If this pic were taken in the Visayas, you'd say "oh they're just dark Malays"

And it's funny that once you find a pic that you think works, you use it over and over and over and over. If 90% of Manilenos look like Negritos, why cant you use different pics every time? I dont use the same pics over again.
 
Old 01-27-2013, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
You always come up with some BS excuse. E-mail him and tell him to stop taking pictures of the "racially inferior ethnic minorities" in your province.

Like the poor in the Visayas, the poor in Manila probably have more Negrito blood. But regular people in Manila have a mix of looks. You're trying to convince us that the average person in Manila looks like the person on the sidewalk. If that's the case, then why cant you find a group pic of a bunch of Manilenos who look like him???? You still havent. Even the little girl next to him doesn't look like him. You havent convinced anyone that the average Manileno looks like the sidewalk dude and the average Visayan looks like your cousin. You have convinced NO ONE. So you pretty much failed at your job. Go somewhere else.


Most of these people would stand out in East Asia. Sorry bout it...


There are 4 people looking at the camera in this pic and none look Negrito, at all. They have dark skin, but that's it. If this pic were taken in the Visayas, you'd say "oh they're just dark Malays"

And it's funny that once you find a pic that you think works, you use it over and over and over and over. If 90% of Manilenos look like Negritos, why cant you use different pics every time? I dont use the same pics over again.
its not just skin color.....look at those jutting ridges over their eyes...its clearly australoid
use this woman and her parents as a comparison
http://www.dramastyle.com/show/Love-in-asia/2012-12-11/

lol the point is visayas is mostly a variation of malay and east asian phenotypes....ethnic minorities like ati...and ati hybrid beggars are extremely atypical

Manilenos....well they look like the people in the photo...this isnt some fantasy of yours where everyone in manila is chinese and every other region is some kotowing negrito

lol you have been using the same source- flickr
I change my pics up every once in a while....anyways my goal here is to make you understand that becoming rich or becoming poorer does not change your race

Last edited by ejay1; 01-27-2013 at 06:01 PM..
 
Old 01-27-2013, 06:00 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,002,580 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
its not just skin color.....look at those jutting ridges over their eyes...its clearly australoid

lol the point is visayas is mostly a variation of malay and east asian phenotypes....ethnic minorities like ati...and ati hybrid beggars are extremely atypical

Manilenos....well they look like the people in the photo...this isnt some fantasy of yours where everyone in manila is chinese and every other region is some kotowing negrito slaves for you

lol you have been using the same source- flickr
I change my pics up every once in a while....anyways my goal here is to make you understand that becoming rich or becoming poorer does not change your race
He looks like a Taiwanese Aborigine, and most Filipinos are the same as Taiwanese Aborigines


http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploa...e-Image-23.jpg

No, race will not directly determine your social status, but in many countries, race correlates closely with status, like the Philippines. It's common knowledge that the Chinese & Spanish are the wealthiest people in the Philippines, the Negritos and other tribal groups are the poorest. So I dont see why it's hard to believe that the wealthy people all over the Philippines are more likely to look more Chinese and the poor people all over the Philippines are more likely to look Negrito. Whadya know, the first indigenous group is the most marginalized, just like in many countries.

Last edited by Smtchll; 01-27-2013 at 06:19 PM..
 
Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,002,580 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
lol you have been using the same source- flickr
Because with flickr, it's easy to verify where the pic was taken, not so with google because you clearly had the locations wrong on many many many pics
 
Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
He looks like a Taiwanese Aborigine, and most Filipinos are the same as Taiwanese Aborigines


http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploa...e-Image-23.jpg

No, race will not directly determine your social status, but in many countries, race correlates closely with status, like the Philippines. It's common knowledge that the Chinese & Spanish are the wealthiest people in the Philippines, the Negritos and other tribal groups are the poorest. So I dont see why it's hard to believe that the wealthy people all over the Philippines are more likely to look more Chinese and the poor people all over the Philippines are more likely to look Negrito. Whadya know, the first indigenous group is the most marginalized, just like in many countries.
again no rich people were posted here....again you clearly love stating that people with certain phenotype is rich or poor..its only in your mind that this woman is rich or that man is poor so their race is like that
if that manila dude won the lottery...will his race change to looking EA?

the only taiwanese aboriginnal group that is connected with Philippines ....Amis of taiwan does not look like that
 
Old 01-27-2013, 06:42 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,002,580 times
Reputation: 1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
again no rich people were posted here....again you clearly love stating that people with certain phenotype is rich or poor..its only in your mind that this woman is rich or that man is poor so their race is like that
if that manila dude won the lottery...will his race change to looking EA?
Hahahaha. I like how you didn't say anything about my response about the man looking JUST like those Taiwanese Aborigines. Your theory is DEAD. Stop posting that pic now because you fail

And I already explained what I meant. There are always exceptions, but it's not like all the exceptions are in the Visayas. I have poor relatives in Bicol who look East Asian, wealthier ones who look more Australoid. Always exceptions, and the middle class has a variety of looks so it's not surprising to see East Asian-looking people in the middle class, along with Australoid-looking people. But you dont compare a middle class person to someone living on the sidewalk....

And you can say "Negritos are the poorest and most marginalized group in the Philippines" (very common knowledge) without meaning that every single Negrito is poor and that they can never go anywhere in life and that their race determined their social status, and could never even win the lottery because it's impossible for Negritos to be rich.

How hard is it to understand?
 
Old 01-27-2013, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,326,039 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Hahahaha. I like how you didn't say anything about my response about the man looking JUST like those Taiwanese Aborigines. Your theory is DEAD. Stop posting that pic now because you fail

And I already explained what I meant. There are always exceptions, but it's not like all the exceptions are in the Visayas. I have poor relatives in Bicol who look East Asian, wealthier ones who look more Australoid. Always exceptions, and the middle class has a variety of looks so it's not surprising to see East Asian-looking people in the middle class, along with Australoid-looking people. But you dont compare a middle class person to someone living on the sidewalk....

And you can say "Negritos are the poorest and most marginalized group in the Philippines" (very common knowledge) without meaning that every single Negrito is poor and that they can never go anywhere in life and that their race determined their social status, and could never even win the lottery because it's impossible for Negritos to be rich.

How hard is it to understand?
you just contradicted yourself,

you even thought this well groomed woman with a gucci bag and 4 wheeler truck was a poor woman based on her race

....you clearly think just because someone looks a certain way is due to their social standing in their life....you clearly thought my cousin was a college graduate because she was rich....it never entered your mind that she actually worked her way up to that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top