U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 11:21 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,144,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
how come they joined the bidding? and they're so proud that they got the project?

Again because they received profit, lol! Philippines are just one of the buyer, who doesn't like having more clients.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:26 AM

282 posts, read 606,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Again because they received profit, lol!
Hahaha laughing stock

win the project first before profit.

they need the project as simple as that.

check the meaning of bidding and buyer, its helpful for you.

okeeey, til we laugh again mr. comedian

Old 07-06-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Hahaha laughing stock

win the project first before profit.

they need the project as simple as that.

check the meaning of bidding and buyer, its helpful for you.

okeeey, til we laugh again mr. comedian
Laughing stock? atleast we produce our own military lol, we don't get ships from let's say "daddy USA" and didn't equip it with proper radar, don't worry our ship is equipped with it ;P even if we didn't win, does it even matter? how sure are you that we need the project? are there any prove that Ph really matters for the co? i doubt so :P, so why does the Philippines need to by ship from Indonesia? is it because they're budget conscious or didn't have enough cash to buy it from other nation?

China even commented on the company: http://www.scwz.com/scdd/2014617105532.asp

Anyway Jakarta's position globally is firmly proved from the data in the previous page, need we say more? or do you still want to prove Manila is better than Jakarta and keep cloning account to add up the poll?

Old 07-06-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Wow look at this data from 2014! i was surprised myself, compare the city's position since 2012!

2012 Global Cities Index - Past Report - A.T.*Kearney

And also very interesting wealth report 2014 by Knight Frank! http://www.thewealthreport.net/resou...report2014.pdf

Last edited by Goshio22; 07-06-2014 at 12:08 PM..

Old 07-06-2014, 01:52 PM

68 posts, read 185,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62914 View Post
The good thing about Philippine set-up is that, even though economic activity is concentrated in Metro Manila, there are other Philippine cities duplicating what Manila has achieved. SO that by 2050, Philippines will be the 5th largest economy in Asia and the largest in SEA.

Source:

News | Multiplan International
30 years from now is a long time. Don't believe in these 'guestimmates'.

The reason why Jakarta holds merely 15% of the GDP is because many parts of the outer islands consistently do grow faster than the national average. Each part of Indonesia is developing its own unique industrial cluster. Medan, for instance, is the center for the palm oil industry. Balikpapan is home to the largest coal mines in Indonesia. Bali is successful as a tourist center and Makassar is successful as the industrial center for eastern Indonesia. Many other cities in Indonesia are developing rapidly, some even more rapid than Jakarta.

Here's a couple of pics from other Indonesian cities.

Surabaya

Some Malls in Surabaya

Tunjungan Plaza

Galaxy Mall

Ciputra World

Grand City Surabaya

Makassar

Old 07-06-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
nice figure on that userid42! =)

re: global city economic index, to be honest I'm not that convinced on that. Take a look on our ranking @ Beta+ which is higher / better than Detroit, Seattle Cities of US?? how come, those 1st world cities of US don't have real poor people, slums, and better probably on wages and benefits.. Same with Jakarta that surpasses Miami, Melbourne, Philadelphia?? those were 1st world cities.. who don't have real poor people, slums, etc. He he he M I right? big question mark as I said.

What's your thought on that sir? I believe you have some parameters as well I'm sure.

cheers =)
Hi Rajko

The global city economic index doesn't care whether there is poor people or slums. It cares about HOW IMPORTANT A CITY IS IN THE INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC NODE. The global economy is interconnected. The alpha node means that it is more interconnected and more important as a node in the global economy. Jakarta is counted as being as a very important node in the global economy similar to other cities in the alpha level.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Hoookey boy.. so slow..

What do know about global market if simple "selling" and "comprehension" are hard for you...

Ohh really PT PAL doesn't need our requirements? how come they joined the bidding? how come they're so proud of the project for that 2 navy vessels? how come they lowered the prices against the Koreans and Australians? ha ha ha ha...
Sorry, but I don't follow your logic. PT PAL's main buyer is the Indonesian government and we have money to procure new ships from them. That they join the bidding is because they want buyer. Why is that weird? All companies need buyer.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
no worries on the tone.

Yes i know your palm industry, (in fact we used to have a chance to bid for a project for Indo me foods in the Phils. their Bimoli oil..) and coal as major trade in asia, though you import alot on finished products such GASOLINE same as we do. Also, Palm industry will take place eventually in Ph, by First Pacific of MVP (who controlled PT Indofood).. though SMC would be their rival in Ph.
Lol. This is the other way around. MVP is nothing but a front man for Indonesia's Sudono Salim to control parts of the Philippine economy.

First Pacific, part of the Salim conglomerate, controls a lot of Philippine economy, including its electricity sector. For an economy that says that it wants to protect its ownership from foreigners, the Phil is doing a baad job at it.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Laughing stock? atleast we produce our own military lol, we don't get ships from let's say "daddy USA" and didn't equip it with proper radar, don't worry our ship is equipped with it ;P even if we didn't win, does it even matter? how sure are you that we need the project? are there any prove that Ph really matters for the co? i doubt so :P, so why does the Philippines need to by ship from Indonesia? is it because they're budget conscious or didn't have enough cash to buy it from other nation?

China even commented on the company: ???? ?? ? ? ? ??

Anyway Jakarta's position globally is firmly proved from the data in the previous page, need we say more? or do you still want to prove Manila is better than Jakarta and keep cloning account to add up the poll?

Laughing stock - a person subjected to general mockery or ridicule.

Bidding - the offering of particular prices for something, especially at an auction. (process)

Bidder/Supplier - someone who competes with others to get the opportunity to do work or provide a service for someone else by offering to do it for a particular amount of money (PT PAL)

Client - Phil NAVY

Requirements - 2 medium lift vessel (transport logistic vessel)

as I've said check the dictionary, don't be lazy sometimes..

Cloning? check my i.p. address if you want, ask the mod...

As the rest of your talk **** doesn't deserve my answer. Move on and do your homework.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoberry View Post
Sorry, but I don't follow your logic. PT PAL's main buyer is the Indonesian government and we have money to procure new ships from them. That they join the bidding is because they want buyer. Why is that weird? All companies need buyer.
Hi Indoberry

Let me give you a quick answer as i could.

PT PAL is one of the bidders in that NAVY requirements, luckily the won the project by merit of i don't know.. probably price, because the requirement was just a transport vessel.

yes you are right. PT PAL needs client, work, project etc. and that's how business runs.

Nothing is weird, I've reacted accordingly based on the Goshio's comment that PT PAL doesn't NEED our Navy requirements.. that's why i asked him why PT PAL instead joined the bidding if they don't need the project. Simple logic isn't? apparently logic is not that simple to him.

Quote:
And we shouldn't be thanking the Philippines either, the global market itself is huge, the Philippines should be thankful because the country could use new navies to protect its isles from China.

Anyway, I'll get back to you on the other things soon.

Let me give you credit on those images of surabaya. impressive love it.

Last edited by Coach Rajko; 07-06-2014 at 06:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia