U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 08:26 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,149,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post

Laughing stock - Defines myself.

Bidding - the offering of particular prices for something, especially at an auction. (process)

Bidder/Supplier - someone who competes with others to get the opportunity to do work or provide a service for someone else by offering to do it for a particular amount of money (PT PAL)

Client - Phil NAVY

Requirements - 2 medium lift vessel (transport logistic vessel)

as I've said check the dictionary, don't be lazy sometimes..

Cloning? check my i.p. address if you want, ask the mod...

As the rest of your talk **** doesn't deserve my answer. Move on and do your homework.
fixed it

Old 07-06-2014, 08:38 PM

15 posts, read 22,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62914 View Post
The good thing about Philippine set-up is that, even though economic activity is concentrated in Metro Manila, there are other Philippine cities duplicating what Manila has achieved. SO that by 2050, Philippines will be the 5th largest economy in Asia and the largest in SEA.

Source:

News | Multiplan International

I don't want to ruin your optimism, but to surpass Indonesia's total GDP the Philippines need to grow 2 times higher than Indonesia's economic growth, which is currently in the range of 5-6% growth per year, because the population of Indonesia is two times bigger than the Philippines... so your country have to grow more than 10% annually... I know you were referring to HSBC report which is unfortunately was the one and only report that projected the Philippines to be the biggest economy in ASEAN, because all of other projections (such as PWC, City Bank, UN, OECD, IMF, WB and many more) are contradict that report, for example, at that report, Indonesia projected to become the 17th largest economy in the world in 2050 and increased by 4 levels if I'm not mistaken, but the fact is, today, in 2014 Indonesia has already the 15th biggest economy in the world on GDP nominal, and the 9th biggest economy in the world by GDP PPP, Philippines is not even in top 20...

source: world bank

although we must always be optimistic, but we also have to be able to measure the ability of our own, not easily believe everything blindly...

Old 07-07-2014, 12:07 AM

96 posts, read 180,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by userid42 View Post
I don't want to ruin your optimism, but to surpass Indonesia's total GDP the Philippines need to grow 2 times higher than Indonesia's economic growth, which is currently in the range of 5-6% growth per year, because the population of Indonesia is two times bigger than the Philippines... so your country have to grow more than 10% annually... I know you were referring to HSBC report which is unfortunately was the one and only report that projected the Philippines to be the biggest economy in ASEAN, because all of other projections (such as PWC, City Bank, UN, OECD, IMF, WB and many more) are contradict that report, for example, at that report, Indonesia projected to become the 17th largest economy in the world in 2050 and increased by 4 levels if I'm not mistaken, but the fact is, today, in 2014 Indonesia has already the 15th biggest economy in the world on GDP nominal, and the 9th biggest economy in the world by GDP PPP, Philippines is not even in top 20...

source: world bank

although we must always be optimistic, but we also have to be able to measure the ability of our own, not easily believe everything blindly...
Let's see.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoberry View Post
30 years from now is a long time. Don't believe in these 'guestimmates'.

The reason why Jakarta holds merely 15% of the GDP is because many parts of the outer islands consistently do grow faster than the national average. Each part of Indonesia is developing its own unique industrial cluster. Medan, for instance, is the center for the palm oil industry. Balikpapan is home to the largest coal mines in Indonesia. Bali is successful as a tourist center and Makassar is successful as the industrial center for eastern Indonesia. Many other cities in Indonesia are developing rapidly, some even more rapid than Jakarta.

Here's a couple of pics from other Indonesian cities.

Surabaya

Some Malls in Surabaya

Tunjungan Plaza

Galaxy Mall

Ciputra World

Grand City Surabaya

Makassar

We all have these in Metro Manila. Much bigger, much better!

Old 07-07-2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
We all have these in Metro Manila. Much bigger, much better!
Yes they're on the 2nd and 5th tier city? None of these could be matched with anything outside metro manila.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Yes they're on the 2nd and 5th tier city? None of these could be matched with anything outside metro manila.
How sure are you? You know nothing about the Philippines really. That's why you just say what you want to say, even if self-serving. You only rely on what others would tell you! Hearsay it is. No first-hand knowledge.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:11 AM

Quote:
How sure are you? You know nothing about the Philippines really. That's why you just say what you want to say, even if self-serving. You only rely on what others would tell you! Hearsay it is. No first-hand knowledge.
It also apply to you

Old 07-07-2014, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
It also apply to you
I was able to back-up all my claims. And if you notice, I never threw negative things about Jakarta. Unlike you. You have thrown so much garbage about the Philippines. Look what kind of person are you.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:33 AM

Philippines!

Better in terms of Shopping!
Better in terms of BPO!
Better in terms of Entertainment!

These three claims I was able to back-up. Not just claim.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:34 AM

Did you know that Mega Manila is the home of the biggest Dome in the world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia