U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2014, 01:54 AM

96 posts, read 180,091 times

Advertisements

Old 07-07-2014, 02:16 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,147,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62914 View Post
I was able to back-up all my claims. And if you notice, I never threw negative things about Jakarta. Unlike you. You have thrown so much garbage about the Philippines. Look what kind of person are you.
I didn't throw any garbage about the Phil, i just threw facts because you keep saying "we are better", i wouldn't argue about the BPO industry. But since you blabber alot about your industry, i just say what's our industries are. I didn't throw garbage about the Philippines either.

Quote:
Philippines!

Better in terms of Shopping!
Better in terms of BPO!
Better in terms of Entertainment!

These three claims I was able to back-up. Not just claim.
I argue we have better selection of designer brands and the selections are more complete, thus making our mall better for shopping, the price is surprisingly lower than KL too from my experience.

you want evidence of the listing of the brands so here it is:
Complete list of Indonesian brand (please see only luxury brands): SkyscraperCity - View Single Post - Luxury Store Façades in Jakarta - Part 5
Complete list of Filipinos luxury brands: SkyscraperCity - View Single Post - Metro Manila Malls

Old 07-07-2014, 04:56 AM

Hence, you've got wrong facts about the Philippines. (E.g. We are the poorest?).

Make sure your facts are right so you wont sound boastful. I know Singapore is a very much progressive country but never tell that they have a bigger economy. Remember that Philippine economy is bigger, atleast in terms of PPP.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
I didn't throw any garbage about the Phil, i just threw facts because you keep saying "we are better", i wouldn't argue about the BPO industry. But since you blabber alot about your industry, i just say what's our industries are. I didn't throw garbage about the Philippines either.

I argue we have better selection of designer brands and the selections are more complete, thus making our mall better for shopping, the price is surprisingly lower than KL too from my experience.

you want evidence of the listing of the brands so here it is:
Complete list of Indonesian brand (please see only luxury brands): SkyscraperCity - View Single Post - Luxury Store Façades in Jakarta - Part 5
Complete list of Filipinos luxury brands: SkyscraperCity - View Single Post - Metro Manila Malls
Why not include all brands, whether luxury or not. Afterall, not all will buy luxurous things. There are more shopping malls in the Philippines (and Metro Manila) isn't it? And these shopping malls are even bigger than malls in Indonesia. I already gave support for this.

Anyways, I know Indonesia is really really promissing. But never belittle the Philippines, more particularly Metro Manila. hehe.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Hence, you've got wrong facts about the Philippines. (E.g. We are the poorest?).

Make sure your facts are right so you wont sound boastful. I know Singapore is a very much progressive country but never tell that they have a bigger economy. Remember that Philippine economy is bigger, atleast in terms of PPP.
Yeah i should've included "one of", anyway i wouldn't include ppp since its very innacurate to indicate a country's wealth. Singapore's GDP is currently bigger so no Ph's economy is smaller than Singapore alone, atleast for now.

Quote:
Why not include all brands, whether luxury or not. Afterall, not all will buy luxurous things. There are more shopping malls in the Philippines (and Metro Manila) isn't it? And these shopping malls are even bigger than malls in Indonesia. I already gave support for this.

Anyways, I know Indonesia is really really promissing. But never belittle the Philippines, more particularly Metro Manila. hehe.
People are consumptive, that's how Singapore become a prime luxurious shopping destination, while Philippines with all its big malls simply didn't become attractive destination. Look at HK or Times Square of NYC too, how these 2 becomes such a famous shopping hub and how many designer brands are on the streets and shopping centers. So again even if Ph's mall is bigger, but it doesn't host these famous global designer brands, it simply won't be a better shopping destination.

Does Metro Manila have 174 malls and shopping centers in a city alone? Jumlah Mall di Jakarta 2014 | Kumau Info (numbers of mall in Jakarta). Actually i doubt there are more malls in Philippines, since in the country's cities there tend to be atleast one minor malls, and Philippines is much smaller country.

Last edited by Goshio22; 07-07-2014 at 06:48 AM..

Old 07-07-2014, 06:11 AM

15 posts, read 22,229 times
LOL just like what I've said before... Philippines is always the best in everything (yes I mean EVERYTHING!), the largest, the biggest, the best people, the biggest mall, bla bla bla...

you know what?!... that is the reason why so many people really mad at you... ignorance at its best... pinoy pride

Old 07-07-2014, 06:17 AM

282 posts, read 606,842 times
Here are the updated lists of LUXURY Malls and walkways including strips.

LUXURY MALLS of METRO MANILA

MAKATI CITY

1. GREENBELT 1
2. GREENBELT 2
3. GREENBELT 3
4. GREENBELT 4
5. GREENBELT 5
6. GLORIETTA MALL
7. GLORIETTA 5
8. POWER PLANT MALL
9. CENTURY CITY MALL
10. RUSTAN'S DEPT. STORE
11. ALPHALAND SOUTHGATE TOWER MALL (More on Computers,Appliances,Italian Furniture)

QUEZON CITY

12. TRINOMA MALL
13. GATEWAY ARANETA MALL
14. FAIRVIEW TERRACES
15. U.P. TOWN CENTER
16. U.P.-AYALA LAND TECHNO HUB
17. SM NORTH EDSA (THE BLOCK AND ANNEX BLDG)
18. ROBINSONS MAGNOLIA
19. FISHER MALL PANTRANCO
20. EASTWOOD CITY MALL
21. RUSTAN'S CUBAO

CITY OF MANILA
22. LUCKY CHINATOWN MALL
23. ROBINSONS PLACE MANILA
24. CITYPLACE SQUARE MALL
25. UNIVERSITY MALL DE LA SALLE MANILA

PASIG CITY

26. SILVER CITY AUTO MALL

MANDALUYONG CITY

27. SM MEGAMALL THE ATRIUM CLUSTER, FASHION FORWARD EXTENSION
28. PODIUM MALL
29. SHANGRI-LA MALL

TAGUIG CITY
30. BONIFACIO HIGH STREET
31. MC KINLEY HILL VENICE PIAZZA
32. SM AURA MALL

MUNTINLUPA CITY
33. ALABANG TOWN CENTER

SAN JUAN CITY

34. PROMENADE 1
35. PROMENADE 2

PASAY CITY

36. NEWPORT BOULEVARD
37. RESORTS WORLD MANILA
38. SM MALL OF ASIA SMX BLDG. AND IMAX CLUSTER

SEMI - LUXURY MALLS (Around 40% of shops are luxury) AND ALLEY STRIPS
1. STA. LUCIA EAST MALL ANNEX BLDG.
2. EATON CENTRIS WALK (RESTAURANTS STRIPS)
3. ROBINSONS GALLERIA @ EDSA SHRINE
4. FILINVEST MALL ALABANG
5. THE HUB GREENFIELD MANDALUYONG
6. AYALA ARCA SOUTH FTI - TAGUIG CITY (To be started)

WAREHOUSE TYPE BOX MALLS BUT EXCLUSIVELY SELLING 100% AMERICAN GOODS (Ph version of WALLMART in the U.S.)
1. S&R MEMBERSHIP SHOPPING - Q.C.
2. S&R MEMBERSHIP SHOPPING - BGC TAGUIG CITY
3. S&R MEMBERSHIP SHOPPING - ALABANG
4. S&R MEMBERSHIP SHOPPING - PARANAQUE CITY
5. S&R MEMBERSHIP SHOPPING - MANDALUYONG

Not to include DUTY FREE SHOPS AROUND M.M.

ALSO, PLUS LUXURY MALLS SUBURB OF METRO MANILA, WITHIN GREATER MANILA AREA
1. AYALA MARQUEE MALL - ANGELES CITY, PAMPANGA
2. AYALA HARBOR POINT - SUBIC BAY FREEPORT
3. PASEO CENTER NUVALI - STA. ROSA CITY, LAGUNA
4. THE DISTRICT - DASMARINAS, CAVITE
5. GREENFIELD DISTRICT - LAGUNA (Under construction)

Outside of Greater Manila Area is not included - North luzon, South Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao.

Last edited by Coach Rajko; 07-07-2014 at 06:28 AM..

Old 07-07-2014, 06:23 AM

So far we don't have exact latest directory of Signature brands in the entire Greater Metro Manila area , even in scc Philippine section. But you can check guys over the net. thanks.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
Here are the updated lists of LUXURY Malls and walkways including strips.

LUXURY MALLS of METRO MANILA

MAKATI CITY

1. GREENBELT 1
2. GREENBELT 2
3. GREENBELT 3
4. GREENBELT 4
5. GREENBELT 5
6. GLORIETTA MALL
7. GLORIETTA 5
8. POWER PLANT MALL
9. CENTURY CITY MALL
10. RUSTAN'S DEPT. STORE
11. ALPHALAND SOUTHGATE TOWER MALL (More on Computers,Appliances,Italian Furniture)

QUEZON CITY

12. TRINOMA MALL
13. GATEWAY ARANETA MALL
14. FAIRVIEW TERRACES
15. U.P. TOWN CENTER
16. U.P.-AYALA LAND TECHNO HUB
17. SM NORTH EDSA (THE BLOCK AND ANNEX BLDG)
18. ROBINSONS MAGNOLIA
19. FISHER MALL PANTRANCO
20. EASTWOOD CITY MALL
21. RUSTAN'S CUBAO

CITY OF MANILA
22. LUCKY CHINATOWN MALL
23. ROBINSONS PLACE MANILA
24. CITYPLACE SQUARE MALL
25. UNIVERSITY MALL DE LA SALLE MANILA

PASIG CITY

26. SILVER CITY AUTO MALL

MANDALUYONG CITY

27. SM MEGAMALL THE ATRIUM CLUSTER, FASHION FORWARD EXTENSION
28. PODIUM MALL
29. SHANGRI-LA MALL

TAGUIG CITY
30. BONIFACIO HIGH STREET
31. MC KINLEY HILL VENICE PIAZZA
32. SM AURA MALL

MUNTINLUPA CITY
33. ALABANG TOWN CENTER

SAN JUAN CITY

34. PROMENADE 1
35. PROMENADE 2

PASAY CITY

36. NEWPORT BOULEVARD
37. RESORTS WORLD MANILA
38. SM MALL OF ASIA SMX BLDG. AND IMAX CLUSTER

SEMI - LUXURY MALLS (Around 40% of shops are luxury) AND ALLEY STRIPS
1. STA. LUCIA EAST MALL ANNEX BLDG.
2. EATON CENTRIS WALK (RESTAURANTS STRIPS)
3. ROBINSONS GALLERIA @ EDSA SHRINE
4. FILINVEST MALL ALABANG
5. THE HUB GREENFIELD MANDALUYONG
6. AYALA ARCA SOUTH FTI - TAGUIG CITY (To be started)

WAREHOUSE TYPE BOX MALLS BUT EXCLUSIVELY SELLING 100% AMERICAN GOODS (Ph version of WALLMART in the U.S.)
1. S&R MEMBERSHIP SHOPPING - Q.C.
2. S&R MEMBERSHIP SHOPPING - BGC TAGUIG CITY
3. S&R MEMBERSHIP SHOPPING - ALABANG
4. S&R MEMBERSHIP SHOPPING - PARANAQUE CITY
5. S&R MEMBERSHIP SHOPPING - MANDALUYONG

Not to include DUTY FREE SHOPS AROUND M.M.

ALSO, PLUS LUXURY MALLS SUBURB OF METRO MANILA, WITHIN GREATER MANILA AREA
1. AYALA MARQUEE MALL - ANGELES CITY, PAMPANGA
2. AYALA HARBOR POINT - SUBIC BAY FREEPORT
3. PASEO CENTER NUVALI - STA. ROSA CITY, LAGUNA
4. THE DISTRICT - DASMARINAS, CAVITE
5. GREENFIELD DISTRICT - LAGUNA (Under construction)

Outside of Greater Manila Area is not included - North luzon, South Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao.
It seems my definiition of luxury mall with you is different, i am talking about Patek Philippe, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Hermes, Dior, Mulberry or the likes of that, not just random street wear or famous brand like Zara or H&M. Its narrowed down to: Greenbelt 4, Shangrila Plaza, Powerplant Mall, Resort world mall (although this one is very small). If it doesn't have those labelled as "luxury" then its just another mall.

In Jakarta these are the big 5 are: Plaza Senayan, Senayan City, Grand Indonesia, Pacific Place and the Plaza Indonesia.

In Surabaya only Ciputra World Surabaya and Grand City Surabaya i would consider upscale, in Bandung there is Transtudio mall although it barely have luxury designer brand.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:31 AM

LUXURY MALLS OF MINDANAO ISLAND DOWN SOUTH
even though infested with Muslim rebels, the island is still promising

SM LANANG PREMIER - DAVAO CITY

AYALA ABREEZA MALL DAVAO CITY

Centrio Mall Cagayan De Oro City

Corrales Wing Lounge

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.