U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:50 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,148,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
So success for you is being able to buy BRANDED names? I myself don't like brand names because we ALL know we pay for the freaking name and NOT the quality of the clothes which we all KNOW are ALL made in China! Not even kidding whenever me and my husband go to stores, we have a running joke to see where it is made.

And it is ALLLLLL made in china. It is unfreaking unbelievable. No wonder China is the new sh-it. And honestly that's what I want my country to be next........

Manufacture all those branded names in the Philippines. So we will be the new China.
omg we're arguing about which are supposed to be tagged as luxury malls, nvm that i will put that aside.

Pff my friend went to Paris few years ago to buy this LV stuff because its cheaper there, and its tagged "made in Indonesia" and she put it back to the shelf, lol.

Not necesarily all made in China, many of the shops like of Topman, Zara and many others of this brands are made in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Turkey, Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil and occasionally i would see an African country names. I heard you can buy Armani jeans and clothing dirt cheap in Bangladesh lol, its almost the same in here for some of the items which you can easily and cheaply find in the factory outlets of Bandung. Don't worry with the rise of China comes higher cost, sooner or later many factories will relocate to cheaper areas and Philippines happens to be full of laborers.

Quote:
Actually I will bet you $10,000 look at your Ipod, open it and look where the battery is made - it is made in the PHILIPPINES!!!
Nope wrong guest, you better give me that $10,000

Old 07-07-2014, 09:54 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,857,765 times
Quote:
So success for you is being able to buy BRANDED names? I myself don't like brand names because we ALL know we pay for the freaking name and NOT the quality of the clothes which we all KNOW are ALL made in China! Not even kidding whenever me and my husband go to stores, we have a running joke to see where it is made.

And it is ALLLLLL made in china. It is freaking unbelievable. No wonder China is the new sh-it. And honestly that's what I want my country to be next........

Manufacture all those branded names in the Philippines. So we will be the new China.

In fact I will make a bet - look at your hermes, or gucci or whatever brand clothes you have look where it is made -

I will bet you 100 pesos it is made in china! LOOOOOOL!
Zara and other Spanish boutiques are not really Made in China. Most are made in Portugal, Spain and Mexico.

Swedish brand H&M are mostly made in Bangladesh, India and Turkey.

Irish brand Primark are all still made in Ireland.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:55 AM

1,234 posts, read 1,185,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Philippines happens to be full of laborers.

Yeah. But remember that's how EVERYONE sees China in the beginning and look where they are now!! You are full of sh-it and all I really want is for my country to be the new China. I have no time for your arrogance and vanity because it will lead you NOWHERE!!

Old 07-07-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
omg

Nope wrong guest, you better give me that $10,000
Nope I didn't GUESS. I saw it myself when my niece's Ipod broke and it was open, I was shocked to learn the battery is made in the PHILIPPINES! You give me that $10,000.

I actually want to ask the Pinoy posters here. Coz I asked it myself when I saw it, anyone of you know where the Ipod factory is in the Philippines?!!

Old 07-07-2014, 10:01 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,148,875 times
Quote:
Yeah. But remember that's how EVERYONE sees China in the beginning and look where they are now!! You are full of sh-it and all I really want is for my country to be the new China. I have no time for your arrogance and vanity because it will lead you NOWHERE!!
Lol arrogance? im sorry if you see it that way, but it was all the truth and whether you like it or not my country happens to be big producer of textiles and also housed designer brands (i didn't say that we are better either because its not). I didn't buy it and there is no pride in it to me either, im not that rich but i know a lot of people who does. I just proved that we have more store available that is all. Philippines do have high number of laborer and what is wrong with that? you can dream of your country to be the new China and there is nothing wrong with it.

Quote:
Nope I didn't GUESS. I saw it myself when my niece's Ipod broke and it was open, I was shocked to learn the battery is made in the PHILIPPINES! You give me that $10,000.

I actually want to ask the Pinoy posters here. Coz I asked it myself when I saw it, anyone of you know where the Ipod factory is in the Philippines?!!
Yes but mine isn't made in the Phils lol.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Lol arrogance? im sorry if you see it that way, but it was all the truth and whether you like it or not my country happens to be big producer of textiles and also housed designer brands (i didn't say that we are better either because its not). I didn't buy it and there is no pride in it to me either, im not that rich but i know a lot of people who does. I just proved that we have more store available that is all. Philippines do have high number of laborer and what is wrong with that? you can dream of your country to be the new China and there is nothing wrong with it.

Yes but mine isn't made in the Phils lol.
Pictures or you lie. Did you open your Ipod? I actually am not sure if it was Ipod or Iphone? But definitely the older model. The fat one.

I am talking about the battery not the Ipod/Iphone itself. Did you open yours?

Old 07-07-2014, 11:19 AM

96 posts, read 180,138 times
Some people here just can't accept the fact that the Philippines is really moving. All they thought Metro Manila is just a so so Metro. When in fact it has so much things to offer, has a nitch as compared to those tagged as Alpha city.

Aside from those big Shopping Malls, BPO, Entertainment Centers, Arena, another nitch of the greater Metro Manila are the hidden Eco-zones not every travellers can enter into/see.

So those lambasting Metro Manila. You better watch out. I have nothing against any other city in the world, but I am here to let others know more about Metro Manila and the whole Philippines.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:43 PM

68 posts, read 186,135 times
Mal in Bandung

Transstudio

Paris van Java, Bandung

Semarang

Bali DFS Galleria

Pacific Place Jakarta

Last edited by indoberry; 07-07-2014 at 03:28 PM..

Old 07-07-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62914 View Post
Some people here just can't accept the fact that the Philippines is really moving. All they thought Metro Manila is just a so so Metro. When in fact it has so much things to offer, has a nitch as compared to those tagged as Alpha city.

Aside from those big Shopping Malls, BPO, Entertainment Centers, Arena, another nitch of the greater Metro Manila are the hidden Eco-zones not every travellers can enter into/see.

So those lambasting Metro Manila. You better watch out. I have nothing against any other city in the world, but I am here to let others know more about Metro Manila and the whole Philippines.
What is wrong with you? Take some anger management class. lol. Do you see how silly and stupid you look?

Anyway, people can make up their own mind. We just show facts here. There is no need to feel so mad about things like this. Stop being hysterical.

Anyway, as you can see, Indonesian love to shop. Not just in Jakarta, but in many malls across the country, they have great brands available.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:13 PM

Major projects outside Jakarta that are underconstruction

Surabaya

One City Superblock

Tunjungan Plaza 5 & 6

Marvell City

Voila Apartment and Skyloft Tower at Ciputra World

Praxis

Medan

Podomoro City

Grand Jati Junction

Hallvard Hendry

Semarang

Warhol Residences

The Pinnacle

Marquis de Lafayette

Lippo Setiabudi

Semarang Town Square

Makassar

St. Moritz

J.W. Marriot

Balikpapan

Balikpapan Superblock

Ambon

Lippo Ambon

Lampung

Grand Mercure

Golden Tulip

Bandung, lots of construction everywhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia