U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 PM
 
3,644 posts, read 9,015,596 times
Reputation: 1798

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
again no rich people were posted here....again you clearly love stating that people with certain phenotype is rich or poor..its only in your mind that this woman is rich or that man is poor so their race is like that
if that manila dude won the lottery...will his race change to looking EA?

the only taiwanese aboriginnal group that is connected with Philippines ....Amis of taiwan does not look like that
Im not playing this picture game again. the point is, you were trying to prove that Manila people look like Negritos and you chose a pic where none looked anything like Negritos and one man who you claimed looked Negrito actually looked like Taiwanese Aborigines, who dont look like Negritos at all. So you fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
you just contradicted yourself....you clearly think just because someone looks a certain way is due to their social standing in their life....you clearly thought my cousin was a college graduate because she was rich....it never entered your mind that she actually worked her way up to that...

not everyone was born with a sliver spoon in their mouth....
When did I say she was poor? She lives in the US. Not on a sidewalk...

And your cousin graduated college and somehow she's comparable to someone living on a sidewalk? That's insulting to her. I dont play like that because I dont hold onto a theory that has no basis. Your cousin is middle-class, not living on a sidewalk. And anyone who looks East Asian in Manila, according to you is wealthy Chinese-descent, or if they're living in a dump, then they must be from non-Tagalog provinces. As if you know their life story.

 
Old 01-27-2013, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,330,551 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Im not playing this picture game again. the point is, you were trying to prove that Manila people look like Negritos and you chose a pic where none looked anything like Negritos and one man who you claimed looked Negrito actually looked like Taiwanese Aborigines, who dont look like Negritos at all. So you fail.



When did I say she was poor? She lives in the US. Not on a sidewalk...

And your cousin graduated college and somehow she's comparable to someone living on a sidewalk? That's insulting to her. I dont play like that because I dont hold onto a theory that has no basis. Your cousin is middle-class, not living on a sidewalk. And anyone who looks East Asian in Manila, according to you is wealthy Chinese-descent, or if they're living in a dump, then they must be from non-Tagalog provinces. As if you know their life story.
my cousin worked her way from a simple rural background to becoming a college graduate...just like my mom
today my mom makes 150k a year job....she almost didnt finish college but the town mayor gladly helped finance the last year

btw there is no class society in rural western visayas......your income is based on how much you grew that year
 
Old 01-27-2013, 07:15 PM
kyh
 
Location: Malaysia & Singapore
383 posts, read 1,063,795 times
Reputation: 143
I think you guys should just compare apple to apple - beggar to beggar, homeless to homeless, doctor to doctor, college grad to college grad, tycoon to tycoon.
 
Old 02-18-2013, 04:46 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,330,551 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyh View Post
I think you guys should just compare apple to apple - beggar to beggar, homeless to homeless, doctor to doctor, college grad to college grad, tycoon to tycoon.
oh shall we then??

rich tagalog woman


simple visayan woman
 
Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,464,371 times
Reputation: 11862
Who gives a rat's arse how they look? Does it change anything? Sorry but you folks need to get over this hang-up you have!
 
Old 02-18-2013, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,330,551 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Who gives a rat's arse how they look? Does it change anything? Sorry but you folks need to get over this hang-up you have!
of course not...the man thought it was unfair I was comparing a college graduate to a slummer(which is just ignorant to stereotype college graduates...like rich people are the only ones who could graduate college LOL...if that was the case we would never advance as a society)

so I am comparing a nicely dressed woman sporting a branded purse and riding a 4 wheeler SUV as well as a nice home at a subdivision in Luzon....to a normally dressed woman standing in front of farmland in the provinces somewhere


lol smtchl is one of those people who believe ones economic situation in life can change your race...he probably believed Michael Jackson really did turn caucasian...LMAO
 
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,464,371 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
of course not...the man thought it was unfair I was comparing a college graduate to a slummer(which is just ignorant to stereotype college graduates...like rich people are the only ones who could graduate college LOL...if that was the case we would never advance as a society)

so I am comparing a nicely dressed woman sporting a branded purse and riding a 4 wheeler SUV as well as a nice home at a subdivision in Manila....to a normally dressed woman standing in front of farmland in the provinces somewhere


lol smtchl is one of those people who believe ones economic situation in life can change your race...he probably believed Michael Jackson really did turn caucasian...LMAO
If he's so deluded why are you so obsessed in trying to prove him wrong (and I could pose the same question to him, about you)?

It is what it is, why are you trying so hard to prove your point? What's the underlying motive?
 
Old 02-18-2013, 06:41 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,330,551 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
If he's so deluded why are you so obsessed in trying to prove him wrong (and I could pose the same question to him, about you)?

It is what it is, why are you trying so hard to prove your point? What's the underlying motive?
he created a 10 page thread in another forum directed at me while I was suspended here...thats why
 
Old 02-18-2013, 06:50 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 45,464,371 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
he created a 10 page thread in another forum directed at me while I was suspended here...thats why
Again, why have both of you got so much invested in this issue? Is it racism?
 
Old 02-18-2013, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Charlotte North Carolina
1,527 posts, read 2,330,551 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Again, why have both of you got so much invested in this issue? Is it racism?
for me no....I dont believe in superior or inferior...I believe all races are human beings....but Im also a realist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top