U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 06:59 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,352,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
for me no....I dont believe in superior or inferior...I believe all races are human beings....
Then how come you can disagree so much about how x people look a certain way, and how y people look another way, and why do you care so much about it? If you're both familiar with these places, you should observe the same things, no? Your perceptions can't be that wildly different.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:01 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,324,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Then how come you can disagree so much about how x people look a certain way, and how y people look another way, and why do you care so much about it? If you're both familiar with these places, you should observe the same things, no? Your perceptions can't be that wildly different.
because Im a realist...I speak about what I see

some people look through the world in rose colored glasses...

to someone like Smtchl...he would believe Michael Jackson would pass as a native in Sweden

why?? he only believes in black and white

to him there is no difference between
http://vietnamesegod.blogspot.com/20...-long-bay.html

and

http://people.howstuffworks.com/stolen-generation.htm

Last edited by ejay1; 02-18-2013 at 07:09 AM..

Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,997,592 times
Quote:
oh shall we then??

rich tagalog woman

simple visayan woman
Didn't I send you a message about how the lady in the first pic is from Pangasinan? Stop posting her pic everywhere.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Didn't I send you a message about how the lady in the first pic is from Pangasinan? Stop posting her pic everywhere.
Pangasinan:

Pangasinan, Iloco, Bolinao, Tagalog

Old 02-18-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Pangasinan:

Pangasinan, Iloco, Bolinao, Tagalog
So?? Tagalog is spoken as a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th language all over the Philippines. It is the official language.

Quote:
According to the 2000 census, 47 percent of the population are Totoon Pangasinan and 44 percent are Ilocanos. Sambal settlers from Zambales also predominate in the westernmost municipalities of Bolinao and Anda.
So 9% of the population is neither Ilocano nor Pangasinese. That 9% includes Tagalogs, Kapampangans, Sambal, etc. And you know for sure that she's one of the maybe 3% that's Tagalog. OK.... How do you know that?

You originally said that she was from Southern Luzon. Then I pointed about that she's from Pangasinan. Now you're saying that you know for sure that she's one of the very few Tagalogs who's from Pangasinan. Very believable. Stop posting her pic everywhere and spreading lies

Old 02-18-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
So?? Tagalog is spoken as a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th language all over the Philippines. It is the official language.

So 9% of the population is neither Ilocano nor Pangasinese. That 9% includes Tagalogs, Kapampangans, Sambal, etc. And you know for sure that she's one of that maybe 3% that's Tagalog. OK.... How do you know that?

You originally said that she was from Southern Luzon. Then I pointed about that she's from Pangasinan. Now you're saying that you know for sure that she's one of the very few Tagalogs who's from Pangasinan. Very believable. Stop posting her pic everywhere and spreading lies

but wiki specifically said tagalog.....in the wiki link to areas with no tagalogs they did not include tagalog

well you are asking me how do I know? she is tagalog?? simple...how can you tell an haitian american living in Maine from the rest of the population given that they would be minorities in Maine???

anyways your past the point....I was arguing about your claim that someone's race is based on their economic situation...
so by your definition your race could change if you had a sudden change in your economic situation...

Old 02-18-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
but wiki specifically said tagalog.....in the wiki link to areas with no tagalogs they did not include tagalog

well you are asking me how do I know? she is tagalog?? simple...how can you tell an haitian american living in Maine from the rest of the population given that they would be minorities in Maine???

anyways your past the point....I was arguing about your claim that someone's race is based on their economic situation...
so by your definition your race could change if you had a sudden change in your economic situation...
I got my link from the same page. The difference is, you saw "spoken languages" and "Tagalog" and you ran with it to justify your assumption that she's a Tagalog. But if you scroll further down the page and actually read, it shows census information about the ethnic groups. Only 9% aren't Ilocano or Pangasinese, it also mentions Sambals. So 5% at the most are Tagalog, and you somehow know this lady and know that she's for sure Tagalog. You used to say that she was from Southern Luzon, so you must not know her very well. Stop posting her pic.

And if you believe in wikipedia so much. Read this

Quote:
The Tagalog homeland, or Katagalugan, covers roughly much of the central to southern parts of the island of Luzon—particularly in Aurora, Bataan, Batangas, Bulacan, Camarines Norte, Cavite, Laguna, Metro Manila, Nueva Ecija, Quezon, Rizal, and large parts of Zambales. Tagalog is also spoken natively by inhabitants living on the islands, Marinduque, Mindoro, and large areas of Palawan. It is spoken by approximately 64 million Filipinos, 96% of the household population.[19] 22 million, or 28% of the total Philippine population,[20] speak it as a native language.
Where is Pangasinan mentioned in there????? And even if it were mentioned, that wouldnt be enough to assume that someone you dont even know is Tagalog

AND IF THATS NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU....

Iloilo
Spoken languages Hiligaynon, Kinaray-a, Capiznon, TAGALOG, English

Negros Occidental
Spoken languages Hiligaynon, Cebuano,TAGALOG, English

So if I see that Tagalog is mentioned on the wikipedia page for Iloilo, I can grab some random pic from Iloilo and assume that the person is Tagalog??

You've run out of excuses on that one.....

Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I got my link from the same page. The difference is, you saw "spoken languages" and "Tagalog" and you ran with it to justify your assumption that she's a Tagalog. But if you scroll further down the page and actually read, it shows census information about the ethnic groups. Only 9% aren't Ilocano or Pangasinese, it also mentions Sambals. So 5% at the most are Tagalog, and you somehow know this lady and know that she's for sure Tagalog. You used to say that she was from Southern Luzon, so you must not know her very well. Stop posting her pic.

And if you believe in wikipedia so much. Read this

Where is Pangasinan mentioned in there????? And even if it were mentioned, that wouldnt be enough to assume that someone you dont even know is Tagalog

AND IF THATS NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU....

Iloilo
Spoken languages Hiligaynon, Kinaray-a, Capiznon, TAGALOG, English

Negros Occidental
Spoken languages Hiligaynon, Cebuano,TAGALOG, English

So if I see that Tagalog is mentioned on the wikipedia page for Iloilo, I can grab some random pic from Iloilo and assume that the person is Tagalog??

You've run out of excuses on that one.....
if tagallogs were a significant ethnic group in iloilo u could...but they arent

Pangasinan is spoken as a second-language by many of the ethnic minorities in Pangasinan. The most significant minority ethnic groups in Pangasinan are the Ilocano, Bolinao, and Tagalog.

Visayan
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._4794996_n.jpg

Manileno
http://www.christophmohr-fotografie....anila_60_1.jpg

seperate race...but equal
spoken from a realist

I dont rely on cherrypicked photos of minorities to prove my point either lol

Last edited by ejay1; 02-18-2013 at 11:53 AM..

Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
if tagallogs were a significant ethnic group in iloilo u could...but they arent

Pangasinan is spoken as a second-language by many of the ethnic minorities in Pangasinan. The most significant minority ethnic groups in Pangasinan are the Ilocano, Bolinao, and Tagalog.

Visayan
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._4794996_n.jpg

Manileno
http://www.christophmohr-fotografie....anila_60_1.jpg

seperate race...but equal
No, if you actually read the page, you'll see that Pangasinanese are the first largest group (47%), then Ilocano (44%), then it's a HUGE drop, and there's 9% left, it doesn't mention the percentages, but it mentions Sambal (Bolinao is a Sambal language) as being significant in some areas. Doesn't mention Tagalogs, but it has Tagalogs in the "spoken languages" category on the top, just like it has for most provinces, because it's an official language. You can check the wiki page for almost any province and Tagalog is listed as a spoken language. It's #4 in Pangasinan, and #3 in Iloilo & Negros Occidental. That's not proof that any random pic you find from those areas is a Tagalog. Not sure why this is so hard to understand

And thats extremely creepy that you posted that pic of the Visayan girl

Old 02-18-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
No, if you actually read the page, you'll see that Pangasinanese are the first largest group (47%), then Ilocano (44%), then it's a HUGE drop, and there's 9% left, it doesn't mention the percentages, but it mentions Sambal (Bolinao is a Sambal language) as being significant in some areas. Doesn't mention Tagalogs, but it has Tagalogs in the "spoken languages" category on the top, just like it has for most provinces, because it's an official language. You can check the wiki page for almost any province and Tagalog is listed as a spoken language. It's #4 in Pangasinan, and #3 in Iloilo & Negros Occidental. That's not proof that any random pic you find from those areas is a Tagalog. Not sure why this is so hard to understand

And thats extremely creepy that you posted that pic of the Visayan girl
I assure you nobody in Iloilo or Negros speaks tagalog unless they are talking to a aloof manileno looking for directions to boracay

did you even read what I posted...tagalogs are a significant ethnic group in pangasinan

is it really that hard to accept that in some regions you would find more of a certain ethnic/racial group then others???
is it really hard to accept that your race is not due to your economic situation??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia