U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 12:22 PM

3,644 posts, read 9,000,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
I assure you nobody in Iloilo or Negros speaks tagalog unless they are talking to a aloof manileno looking for directions to boracay

did you even read what I posted...tagalogs are a significant ethnic group in pangasinan

is it really that hard to accept that in some regions you would find more of a certain ethnic/racial group then others???
is it really hard to accept that your race is not due to your economic situation??
The point I'm making is you cant go on a wikipedia page and see "Tagalog" and then assume that any random person from there is Tagalog. Because Tagalog is listed as the 3rd language in Iloilo as well. That's my point. How can you argue with that?

Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 PM

351 posts, read 550,509 times
Jakarta vs. Manila?
Another potentially good thread ruined by this ridiculous
argument over if Filipinos are different races.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 PM
kyh

383 posts, read 1,061,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
Jakarta vs. Manila?
cant agree more.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:54 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,325,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
The point I'm making is you cant go on a wikipedia page and see "Tagalog" and then assume that any random person from there is Tagalog. Because Tagalog is listed as the 3rd language in Iloilo as well. That's my point. How can you argue with that?
nowhere did it say tagalogs were a siginificant ethnic group in iloilo

tagalog or Filipino is taught in schools in Iloilo....but they arent an ethnic group like the tagalog ethnic groups present in Pangasinan
Quote:
Pangasinan is spoken as a second-language by many of the ethnic minorities in Pangasinan. The most significant minority ethnic groups in Pangasinan are the Ilocano, Bolinao, and Tagalog.
you still havent said why would your race be determined by your economic status...and how are you able to change races if your economic status changes

Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb05f View Post
Jakarta vs. Manila?
can you really argue against the fact that a east asian or malay looking individual is a seperate race from a african/australian abo individual???

Smtchl does not believe that they are seperate..he is the type to believe Michael Jackson became caucasian

Old 02-18-2013, 01:01 PM

anyways this was decided long ago...Manila is crap (stinks, high crime rate, polluted, untrustworthy people, did I mention it stinks??)...go to Jakarta

the only reason I ever go to Manila is because there is no internation flights from USA to Iloilo

The mall is the only thing to do there...the only expats who hang out there are loser sex tourists

Old 02-18-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
nowhere did it say tagalogs were a siginificant ethnic group in iloilo

tagalog or Filipino is taught in schools in Iloilo....but they arent an ethnic group like the tagalog ethnic groups present in Pangasinan

you still havent said why would your race be determined by your economic status...and how are you able to change races if your economic status changes
You're seriously arguing over the details of a wikipedia page? And because Tagalog was mentioned on the page about Pangasinan, you somehow know that this random lady from Pagasinan is Tagalog? Tell me how that makes sense. And then you use her picture all over the internet and say that she's Tagalog. You dont even know

Old 02-18-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
You're seriously arguing over the details of a wikipedia page? And because Tagalog was mentioned on the page about Pangasinan, you somehow know that this random lady from Pagasinan is Tagalog? Tell me how that makes sense. And then you use her picture all over the internet and say that she's Tagalog. You dont even know
the lady's picture was used because you were always ranting about someone's race was correlated to their economic status

and anyways if you can read...it clearly said ethnic groups

Quote:
The most significant minority ethnic groups in Pangasinan are the Ilocano, Bolinao, and Tagalog.
anyways I prefer to use this picture as they are in Manila and there are countless numbers of them
http://www.christophmohr-fotografie....anila_60_1.jpg

but then you would say I was being biased because they are poor and comparing them to a college graduate

Old 02-18-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
the lady's picture was used because you were always ranting about someone's race was correlated to their economic status

and anyways if you can read...it clearly said ethnic groups

anyways I prefer to use this picture as they are in Manila and there are countless numbers of them
http://www.christophmohr-fotografie....anila_60_1.jpg

but then you would say I was being biased because they are poor and comparing them to a college graduate
Like I said, read further and you'll see that Pangasinese & Ilocanos are 91% of the population. So Sambal (Bolinao), Tagalogs, and others split a 9% share of the population. Very significant, huh? Significant enough for you to assume that a random lady is Tagalog and use her picture all over the internet. Nope... Can you justify that??? I dont think you can

Old 02-18-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Like I said, read further and you'll see that Pangasinese & Ilocanos are 91% of the population. So Sambal (Bolinao), Tagalogs, and others split a 9% share of the population. Very significant, huh? Significant enough for you to assume that a random lady is Tagalog and use her picture all over the internet. Nope... Can you justify that??? I dont think you can
yes...just like finding a haitian american in maine....its not so hard to find out if they stick out like a sore thumb

either way your still dodging the question

why do you think you race correlates to your economic status???

when the pictures posted clearly show otherwise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia