Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 09:34 PM

96 posts, read 214,492 times

Advertisements

Old 07-05-2014, 09:43 PM

Default Eastwood Mall - Metro Manila

Old 07-05-2014, 09:49 PM

Default Did you know that Metro Manila is the BPO Center of SEA?

Old 07-05-2014, 10:34 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times
What is the point of spamming the thread with craploads of the most mundane photos possible?

Old 07-05-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
What is the point of spamming the thread with craploads of the most mundane photos possible?
In order not to be accused of making blind statements.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:30 PM

282 posts, read 707,897 times
Welcome to Battlefield Jakarta-Manila Senor 62914!

Nice posts senor! Love those premium malls...

Just a quick revert, sorry I'm kinda swap into so many errands... upon reviewing images here and in scc for both cities. One thing I've noticed. Yes Jakarta has improved a lot in terms economy, expenditures, market, etc.. they've got malls, shops, signature retails, etc.. Speaking of malls, one thing is lacking them that Metro Manila has.. and that is "premium concept malls, bars, hotels etc.." and these are one of the remarks I'm getting from expats when I got time to ask about SE Asian shopping, gimmicks, leisure. Probably because American culture is very familiar/Embraced by the us Filipinos ( I could be wrong), being their former colony and almost became their 54th STATE during the 30s era..

Here are some what I'm talking to, that would challenge them:

SM AURA has that futuristic design, very conceptual.. the likes of structures in shanghai.

POWER PLANT MALL - originated from a real electric power plant building and has that "premium Gatsby" aura and feel.very hollywood though, very california.

Century City Mall - Another futuristic structure, designed by the british archi firm not the typical premium box.

HIGH STREET MALL in BGC - Premium shopping in a al fresco community wherein works of art is exhibited at the center. plus extension up to SERENDRA COMMUNITY wherein European ambiance are located.

Silver City AutoMall and Alchemy Bar - Literally sells Autos and accessories, cars exhibit center mall.

RESORTS WORLD MANILA - Premium shopping plus Theater for perfomance arts and culture

McKinley Hills' VENICE PIAZZA
- Italian inspired community shopping mall.

Centris Walk - Larger than life Flora Mushrooms and Laser TAG studio

while OTHER PREMIUM MALLS in M. Manila such Greenbelt 1, 2, 3, Glorietta malls, Podium Mall, Robinsons Magnolia, Lucky China Town Plaza, Eastwood City Mall, Trinoma Mall, AYALA Alabang Town Center, Gataway Araneta Mall, Rustan's, PROMENADE greenhills, Fairview terraces, among others I missed... I believe are just the comparison of their Malls. or even Greenbelts are better..

Shops and SPOTS that will blow your mind in M.Metro
- NBA Cafe, Hooters Bar of America, PEGASUS Q.C. - Hot Russian chicks are located, O-Bar, Orange Place - premium GAY Bars in the Metro, Sci Fi Cafe, H20 UNDER WATER HOTEL, Mind Museum of Taguig - Futuristic Museum, UP observatory - for orbital sight seeing, Heroes Hobby Lunge - MARVEL HEROES inspired, LUDO Board Game Cafe, MovieStar Cafe- Ph version of Planet Hollywood Cafe... and a lot more conceptual spots and gimmick places. I don't If Jakarta could have counter parts of these.

Also foreign brands like:
Mc Donalds in Ph since 1981 has near to reach its 500 stores in Ph, Starbucks, JCO, Krispy Kreme, TGIF, California Pizza Kitchen, Sbarro, KFC, DeliFrance, UCC Cafe, Coffee Bean, Family Mart of Japan, Kenny Rogers Roosters, Wendys, Burger King, Taco Bell, Yoshinoya, Sabrett, Pizza Hut, Shakeys, Popeyes Chicken of New Orleans, Papa John's Pizza, Johnny Rockets, Carls Jr., Texas Chicken, chillis, Outback of Australia, Italiannis a lot more mostly compilation of American brands from WEST to EAST coastS are common in the Philippines (even our provinces have those).. Not to include local brands who's making names in the US and ASIA.

Restos such as Le Softtle, Je Suis Gourmand, Prince Albert Rotisserie, Senor Alba of Spain, RED resto, Russian Caviar @ 1000 USD per small plate dessert, Buddha Bar, Auberdine @ BGC, LEMURIA @ Horseshoe drive, not to include those Italian restos.

Just saying senor, and for everyone's appreciation

Old 07-05-2014, 11:52 PM

Thanks for welcoming me coach. You are the first one to welcome me in this thread! Hope others would welcome me too.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:37 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,614 times
What we don't have premium malls connected with hotels and bars? Didn't you even know that pacific place is associated with a hotel complete with bars and nighclub? Or grand indonesia with kempinski? Or the premium luxurious plaza indonesia? The 3 of them are better than greenbelt when it comes to level of premium brands and shopping ambience.

Bars, museum, observatories or fast food restaurant chains? All of those we have it, most of the listing you wrote about the restaurant chains are available in Jakarta. Did you have laudree macaroon shop? Or Paul restaurant in manila? I doubt so. And did you know JCO are indonesians?

Old 07-06-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
What we don't have premium malls connected with hotels and bars? Didn't you even know that pacific place is associated with a hotel complete with bars and nighclub? Or grand indonesia with kempinski? Or the premium luxurious plaza indonesia? The 3 of them are better than greenbelt when it comes to level of premium brands and shopping ambience.

Bars, museum, observatories or fast food restaurant chains? All of those we have it, most of the listing you wrote about the restaurant chains are available in Jakarta. Did you have laudree macaroon shop? Or Paul restaurant in manila? I doubt so. And did you know JCO are indonesians?
Did you read well my post maestro? I said "concept malls and etc" or do you want me to define first the meaning?

Again obviously your not getting the essence, I've included JCO as foreign brand in Ph, and I said "mostly compilation of American brands" meaning not all of them are American, but all of them are foreign brand for PH.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62914 View Post
Thanks for welcoming me coach. You are the first one to welcome me in this thread! Hope others would welcome me too.
Cheers to that maestro!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia