Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 08:44 AM

15 posts, read 26,419 times

Advertisements

Let us talk about luxury properties...

Jakarta Is World’s Hottest Luxury Property Market

Liam Bailey, Knight Frank’s global head of residential research, cited “very limited supply” and “very strong” demand as factors driving Jakarta’s high luxury property prices, “even if the Indonesian economy isn’t as strong as it was maybe two years ago.”

It’s the second year in a row Jakarta has topped the list. In 2012, the city saw its upper echelon of homes jump 38% in price from 2011.

1. Jakarta 37.7%
  2. Dublin 17.5%
  3. Beijing 17.1%
  4. Dubai 17.0%
  5. Los Angeles 14.0%
  6. Tel Aviv 12.7%
  7. Bangkok 12.3%
  8. San Francisco 10.4%
  9. New York 10.4%
  10. Sydney 9.3%
  11. Tokyo 7.9%
  12. London 7.5%
  13. Shanghai 7.3%
  14. Monaco 6.0%
  15. Vienna 5.5%
  16. Kuala Lumpur 5.5%
  17. Vancouver 5.3%
  18. Madrid 5.0%
  19. Nairobi 4.9%
  20. Miami 4.3%
  21. Mumbai 3.0%
  22. Moscow 2.1%
  23. St Petersburg 0.6%
  24. Cape Town 0.2%
  25. Rome 0.0%
  26. Singapore -0.8%
  27. Zurich -2.0%
  28. Hong Kong -2.2%
  29. Paris -4.0%
  30. Geneva -8.0%
source

Indonesia and Philippines middle class...

Jakarta #51
Manila #63

I will not say that Jakarta is better than Manila even if these data shows that Jakarta almost outranked Manila in every indicators...

Old 07-06-2014, 09:13 AM

282 posts, read 708,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
What? Pindad produce weapon that ph buys lol.

Now the entire Singapore isle generates more gdp than an entire nation of 100 million.
how pitty

It seems you got a problem in reading boy. or you don't understand somehow. or you're just slow to comprehend? I said NAVY.. I didn't say small arms / riffle, it seems you know nothing in your own military industry..

Anyway let me educate you.
here is your shipyard industry that offers Makassar Logistics Vessel based on Korean Design

PAL INDONESIA : : :

Old 07-06-2014, 09:14 AM

15 posts, read 36,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Two of the biggest Swedish stores in the world are Ikea and H&M. H&M is globally as big as Zara, I don't think we already have it in the Philippines.
Ikea is the biggest furniture store in the world ( also sells almost everything for the house ). It is present in 43 countries in all continents. What makes these stores very popular is that these stores cater to the middle working class. Swedish products are affordable but sturdy.
PH will have its first H&M store at SM Megamall Fashion Hall, it will be PH's largest retail store when it opens next month. Rumor has is that David Beckham will grace the opening event. Three more H&M stores will open later this year(or next year) within the SM shopping malls, at SM Mall of Asia, SM North and SM Makati. H&M will also be having a stand alone store at Bonifacio High Street next year.

Three-level H&M in Mega Fashion Hall. Photo by Peter C. Marquez, InterAksyon.com.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:20 AM

15 posts, read 26,419 times
Global City

A global city (also called world city or sometimes alpha city or world center) is a city generally considered to be an important node in the global economic system. The concept comes from geography and urban studies and rests on the idea that globalization can be understood as largely created, facilitated, and enacted in strategic geographic locales according to a hierarchy of importance to the operation of the global system of finance and trade.

Jakarta is Alpha- Global City while Manila is Beta+, it means that Jakarta more recognized as global city...

Meet the New Indonesian Consumer Class of 2020

Asia’s middle class is on track to comprise 52 percent of the region’s population by 2020, with the fastest emerging middle classes hailing from Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, according to Nielsen estimates. With US$5.3 trillion in new household consumption, expenditures are up for grabs. Are you ready for the next big “shopportunity”?

Indonesia is at the forefront of this trend, with a middle-income segment that we expect to more than double in size by 2020. Much attention has been focused on Asia’s two biggest growth engines—China and India—but now is the time to get better acquainted with what drives and motivates Indonesian shoppers.

Indonesian shopping baskets are increasingly dominated with premium-type products, reflecting their rising aspirations. Analysis undertaken by Nielsen of 13 fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) categories revealed almost half (46%) of the products were categorized as premium, 32 percent were mainstream, and 22 percent were value-oriented. About 60 percent of the products that make up the super-premium basket are discretionary items in categories such as chocolates, biscuits and moisturizing creams dominated by multinational companies

Luxurious living- the MACs of Jakarta

The number of MACs in Jakarta has been soaring in recent years, and it’s not the one that you’re probably using right now. Instead, this is referring to the members of a rapidly burgeoning middle class and affluent consumer -MAC- that is dramatically changing the physical urban landscape of Jakarta, Indonesia’s largest city.

Despite the retraction of many Western economies in the wake of the global financial crisis, after 2008 Indonesia continued to report relatively stable economic growth. Between 2008 and 2013, inflation levels dropped from a peak of 9.8 to less than 5.5%, unemployment levels dropped to the lowest rates in the previous five years to 6.1%, and GDP expanded by more than 6%. As a result, Indonesia now has about 74 million MACs, which is set to grow to roughly 141 million people by 2020. This, combination with the availability of cheap mortgages and the augmentation of individual’s purchasing power, has perpetuated the mass development of high-end retail, restaurants and leisure to quench consumers’ insatiable thirst for all things fine. But in particular, Jakarta has enjoyed a burgeoning luxury residential property market as the MACs seek to find an abode befitting of their new socioeconomic status.

Estimates from Indonesia’s central bank (Bank Indonesia) show that luxury property prices increased by 15% in central Jakarta in the third quarter of 2013. Impressively, in central Jakarta 74% percent of new condominiums were sold even before construction had begun, and by the time the project was completed nearly ninety percent had been sold. Throughout the city, demand for units increased from 15,281 in 2011 to 16,198 in 2012. Correspondingly, the supply of apartments in Jakarta rose from 19% in 2011 to 20.2% in 2012, the highest supply since 2008.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:39 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,653,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
how pitty

It seems you got a problem in reading boy. or you don't understand somehow. or you're just slow to comprehend? I said NAVY.. I didn't say small arms / riffle, it seems you know nothing in your own military industry..

Anyway let me educate you.
here is your shipyard industry that offers Makassar Logistics Vessel based on Korean Design

PAL INDONESIA : : :
You mean we sell ships to the Philippines?

Jual Kapal Perang ke Filipina, PT PAL Bersaing dengan 6 Negara

Translate it

And we shouldn't be thanking the Philippines either, the global market itself is huge, the Philippines should be thankful because the country could use new navies to protect its isles from China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by userid42 View Post
I will not say that Jakarta is better than Manila even if these data shows that Jakarta almost outranked Manila in every indicators...
True true... and idk why he keep insisting they're better lol.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:57 AM

nice figure on that userid42! =)

As discussed here, middle class volume of your country is not a question, it a fact actually. great you have the data on the rankings as guide to our future conversation. now we need to study and analyze these presented data.

Just a few revert on some if you don't mind sir.
1. who are those middle class buyers of luxury properties in your city? indonesian citizen?
2. since when this purchase path started?
3. what is luxury in your country? like how luxury in usd? just a ball park figure would do with simple basis..
4. do you have other data on the lifestyle of those people aside from purchased properties?

re: global city economic index, to be honest I'm not that convinced on that. Take a look on our ranking @ Beta+ which is higher / better than Detroit, Seattle Cities of US?? how come, those 1st world cities of US don't have real poor people, slums, and better probably on wages and benefits.. Same with Jakarta that surpasses Miami, Melbourne, Philadelphia?? those were 1st world cities.. who don't have real poor people, slums, etc. He he he M I right? big question mark as I said.

What's your thought on that sir? I believe you have some parameters as well I'm sure.

cheers =)

Old 07-06-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
nice figure on that userid42! =)

As discussed here, middle class volume of your country is not a question, it a fact actually. great you have the data on the rankings as guide to our future conversation. now we need to study and analyze these presented data.

Just a few revert on some if you don't mind sir.
1. who are those middle class buyers of luxury properties in your city? indonesian citizen?
2. since when this purchase path started?
3. what is luxury in your country? like how luxury in usd? just a ball park figure would do with simple basis..
4. do you have other data on the lifestyle of those people aside from purchased properties?

re: global city economic index, to be honest I'm not that convinced on that. Take a look on our ranking @ Beta+ which is higher / better than Detroit, Seattle Cities of US?? how come, those 1st world cities of US don't have real poor people, slums, and better probably on wages and benefits.. Same with Jakarta that surpasses Miami, Melbourne, Philadelphia?? those were 1st world cities.. who don't have real poor people, slums, etc. He he he M I right? big question mark as I said.

What's your thought on that sir? I believe you have some parameters as well I'm sure.

cheers =)
I can answer you
1) Yes the Indonesians are the buyers sir, not our "Fil-Am' expats counterpart.
2) i don't know quiet well actually, property prices has been rising sharply these 3 years, that's why the condos number are rising simply because the availability of supply are dropping.
3) Indonesian population are materialist, they love luxury and expensive stuff to show off (or pretend to be classy). It's also a reason why the domestic market consumption are strong, Indonesians are demanding people and will not hesitate to buy. They're the biggest buyer of luxury items in Singapore and recently it attracts more foreign brand to establish in the country, the amount of luxury market worth $800million.
It's behind Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand, but its mainly because Jakarta don't receive that much tourist as comparison the other nation's capital.
4) Lifestyle: As Asia Slows, Luxury Grows in Indonesia - Luxury Society - Postcard from...
Indonesia Luxury Goods Market | Business

Even if you think Detroit is first world city (which actually is not, because its the sh*thole of USA), or in this matter other developed country's cities, doesn't mean that other nation's POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC CAPITAL, couldn't surprass US' "not-as-important" cities. Indonesia is a huge economy whether you like it or not, so obviously the capital's rank would be up there, same goes with Mumbai. Actually i find it shameful that we didn't go that far up, and only are slightly more important to San Fransisco. On the other hand the so called Asia's BPO capital ranked far below, because the business activities aren't that much compared to other cities on the list.

Stop praising the first world country lol! Those data are made and acquired by expertise from FIRST WORLD nation too.

Last edited by Goshio22; 07-06-2014 at 11:28 AM..

Old 07-06-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22;35532264[B
]You mean we sell ships to the Philippines?[/b]

Jual Kapal Perang ke Filipina, PT PAL Bersaing dengan 6 Negara

Translate it

And we shouldn't be thanking the Philippines either, the global market itself is huge, the Philippines should be thankful because the country could use new navies to protect its isles from China.

True true... and idk why he keep insisting they're better lol.
Hoookey boy.. so slow..

What do know about global market if simple "selling" and "comprehension" are hard for you...

Ohh really PT PAL doesn't need our requirements? how come they joined the bidding? how come they're so proud of the project for that 2 navy vessels? how come they lowered the prices against the Koreans and Australians? ha ha ha ha...

Old 07-06-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Hoookey boy.. so slow..

What do know about global market if simple "selling" and "comprehension" are hard for you...

Ohh really PT PAL doesn't need our requirements? how come they joined the bidding? how come they're so proud of the project for that 2 navy vessels? how come they lowered the prices against the Koreans and Australians? ha ha ha ha...
Lowered the price? duh because the production price is cheaper here, that's why the cost are cheaper, no one is holding the Phil back from buying it from other nation lol! Are we that proud really to sell it to Phil, who has been buying our weaponry? not really, but its an achievement because we make profit.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Lowered the price? duh because the production price is cheaper here, that's why the cost are cheaper, no one is holding the Phil back from buying it from other nation lol!
how come they joined the bidding? and they're so proud that they got the project?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia