Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I prefer...
Jakarta 50 43.48%
Manila 65 56.52%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 06:21 AM

68 posts, read 215,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
CEBU CITY AYALA CENTER PHASE 2 IN THE VISAYAS

For your second city, Cebu doesn't seem to have much luxury items.

Anyway, luxury cars in Jakarta is massive. With much more brands than in Manila. This is understandable, as there are more rich people living in Jakarta and the rich in Jakarta is much more richer than those in Manila.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:43 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoberry View Post
For your second city, Cebu doesn't seem to have much luxury items.

Anyway, luxury cars in Jakarta is massive. With much more brands than in Manila. This is understandable, as there are more rich people living in Jakarta and the rich in Jakarta is much more richer than those in Manila.
How can you say the rich people in Jakarta are way richer than the rich people in Manila ? Do you know how much money and assets they have ? Do you have access to their accounts and assets ? Don't underestimate the Filipinos. I agree that your population is way bigger, but it is wrong to say the rich ones are richer than the rich Filipinos when you know nothing about how much money they have in the bank.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:59 AM

68 posts, read 215,558 times
Look at the Frank Knight data and the data that has been posted in this site. Its based on real calculation, instead of pictures. There have been lots of data posted to show that that is the case.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:30 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
How can you say the rich people in Jakarta are way richer than the rich people in Manila ? Do you know how much money and assets they have ? Do you have access to their accounts and assets ? Don't underestimate the Filipinos. I agree that your population is way bigger, but it is wrong to say the rich ones are richer than the rich Filipinos when you know nothing about how much money they have in the bank.
Hermosa .. in Jakarta many rich people live there, no wonder we have a lot Asitektur buildings, malls, resto, hotel, offices, cars etc many luxurious and classy even now I've seen a with many of building luxury and Tower magnificent architecture under construction or that is being done at this time .today Jakarta City so much progress.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:53 AM

282 posts, read 708,013 times
Just a little info..

Many of rich people here in the Philippines don't declare their assets and liabilities. That's why black market here are big, that Port **** I've posted in the tip town of Northern Phils almost near to Taiwan is just one example, who disposed around 200 plus (on average per month) Luxury cars quietly. That's why Costoms Dept. here are always on hot seat of those unstoppable practice.

Like corrupt politicians who have billions in pocket (as eventually exposed to media), and yet not on the Top 50 lists of riches people of the country. or Chinese Filipinos who use dummy to hide their assets and to avoid taxes which is huge here, that;s sometimes reaches to 32% of your declared profit.

just saying.

Last edited by Coach Rajko; 07-08-2014 at 08:01 AM..

Old 07-08-2014, 08:10 AM

96 posts, read 214,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
Just a little info..

Many of rich people here in the Philippines don't declare their assets and liabilities. That's why black market here are big, that Port **** I've posted in the tip town of Northern Phils almost near to Taiwan is just one example, who disposed around 200 plus (on average per month) Luxury cars quietly. That's why Costoms Dept. here are always on hot seat of those unstoppable practice.

Like corrupt politicians who have billions in pocket (as eventually exposed to media), and yet not on the Top 50 lists of riches people of the country. or Chinese Filipinos who use dummy to hide their assets and to avoid taxes which is huge here, that;s sometimes reaches to 32% of your declared profit.

just saying.
You are exactly right.

In addition to that, Almost all big companies in the Philippines don't declare correct asset and income. They usually under-declare it to avoid taxes. So we can't really measure how rich every individual is in the Philippines exept those who handle the taxpayers' accounts.

Just saying.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:12 AM

I'm just curious on video actually. no offense

You have the data, the luxuries, etc.. how come you still have this scenario of life for a common hard working Indonesian family man? I thought it was a story of my fellowman... Or it was just a propaganda of world bank?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AijpJboSI5w

You have a 1000USD higher on PPP per year as compared to our working class masses.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:15 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,870 times
I just can't believe they sell MINI COOPER in the Philippines. I was thinking how I will ship my MINI back home so I will feel 'cool' with my US license plate driving it there. I thought I will be the only one with MINI.

But then again I think I will be scared driving my MINI coz the humps in some roads there are like hill mounds, LOL.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62914 View Post
You are exactly right.

In addition to that, Almost all big companies in the Philippines don't declare correct asset and income. They usually under-declare it to avoid taxes. So we can't really measure how rich every individual is in the Philippines exept those who handle the taxpayers' accounts.

Just saying.
exactly sir. even our ring icon Manny Pacquiao is guilty to that.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:30 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Cebu Pacific just bought Singapore's Tigerair
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia